Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's talk Road Trips next year.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,043

Let's talk Road Trips next year.....

Feb 16, 2016, 5:11 PM

(And please no "Tampa" responses....that's a given)

So? What is everyone thinking will be "THE" best road trip???

My son and I are planning on Tallahassee

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Already making plans on heading to Auburn and Tallahassee.

Feb 16, 2016, 5:14 PM

Wake might be one to think of as time approaches because it will be an easy trip. Ga Tech on a Thursday might be tough to make and BC on a Friday is not happening.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's talk Road Trips next year.....

Feb 16, 2016, 5:19 PM

Any IPTAY members on-line that went to the last @FSU game? How many priority points did it take to get tix thru IPTAY?

That's the one I want to go to!

(But I am not going to be buying tix thru stub hub, etc.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Bummed about next year's schedule

Feb 16, 2016, 5:24 PM

Only new stadium for me will be Jordan-Hare. No marquee home games except a down USC team. Also planning trips to BC, and at least one home game but can't decide. Live in NYC area so it's hard to get down as much as I'd like

Could just be feeling spoiled since I made it to 8 games this year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bummed about next year's schedule

Feb 16, 2016, 9:30 PM

Louisville will be a fun home game

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Auburn is best for me, because it's only a 4 hour drive

Feb 16, 2016, 5:41 PM

It's a shorter trip there than Clemson from N. Alabama, so I'm going with a friend who is a big Auburn fan. We have made each of the Clemson/Auburn games in the past decade.

Feb 16, 2016, 6:16 PM

We will run a story on the road trips later, but Boston is a great road trip if you're looking for more than the game. It is truly one of my favorite ACC trips because of the history, scenery and food.

Feb 16, 2016, 6:19 PM

For those that have not seen the city and surrounds--BC is a great trip.
You could catch a Red Sox game while in the city. Lots to see and do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2016, 7:09 PM

Too late in the year for a sox game unless they make it to post season. Still a good trip though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're planning on Auburn and Boston College.***

Feb 16, 2016, 8:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 16, 2016, 9:25 PM

Best trip overall? BC. I love going up there. It's like a different world. I'm a big history buff which helps but there is plenty to do in "Bahston". But don't expect much of a gameday experience. Can only tailgate like 3(?) hours before game and 1 or 2(?) after the game. Very few BC fans tailgate and very few really even care.

Best gameday experience? FSU. I've always had a good time in Tallahassee. It helps that I have family that are FSU fans and hook us up with an awesome tailgate and hotties in cowboy boots.

Worst trip? The trip I'm definitely skipping is Auburn. I don't care to ever go back to that place again. Went in 2010 and honestly, it was one of the worst gameday experiences I've ever had. Beer bottles being thrown at us pretty much the entire walk back to the truck after the game, AND WE LOST. Can't imagine how it'll be when we will there this coming season.

Wildcards:
GT is okay. Tailgating is pretty mediocre. Try to address your parking pretrip. Decent atmosphere and the nerds are fairly good about getting along as far as I've seen. But I hate playing in Atlanta, it's been a thorn in our side for awhile. Plus a Thursday night game in ATL? I'll pass that one.

Wake Forest is pretty laid back. Nice parking lots with plenty of tailgating room. Pretty nice stadium as well. Depending on the season, they care a little more than BC fans do but don't expect a sellout or much noise from those in the Black & Gold. If I have the opportunity, I'll make the WF trip. Not a bad drive and worth the trip.

Feb 16, 2016, 10:38 PM

Will be going to Auburn game, weekend trip to Boston, week vacation in Destin then FSU game in Tally, will hit WF for the day.....outside shot of GT....

Feb 16, 2016, 10:41 PM

Meant to add Charlotte, Atlanta, and Tampa!

+1

Feb 17, 2016, 1:29 AM

The year of the CAT:

Charlotte
Atlanta
Tampa

4 Games ... 22OCT to 12NOV

Feb 17, 2016, 10:33 AM

Mine is basically set ...

22OCT ..... Montana @ Northern Arizona