Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's revisit what McShay had to say about drafting Beasley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,684

Let's revisit what McShay had to say about drafting Beasley

Dec 11, 2016, 6:04 PM

Vic Beasley receives a draft grade of #41 overall which would hypothetically land him in the second round.

I'm not as high on Beasley as some others are, because I didn't see any power element to his game on tape," McShay writes. "I also have a hard time putting a top-15 type of grade on a defensive front-seven defender that turns down contact and likes to pile-inspect. Yes, his production at Clemson was off the charts. And yes, his workout numbers are rare. I also believe he is a hard worker with good football character. But I just don't see the value as a first-half-of-the-first-round draft pick.

Meanwhile Beasley is now 2nd in the lead in sacks with 12.5 and 1st in forced fumbles with 5. This is why people have a hard time taking McShay seriously when it comes to his ability to accurately assess NFL talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was listening to the game today when they said Beasley

Dec 11, 2016, 6:15 PM

with his 11th and a half sack......Now, how many does Clowney and his bazillian dollar contract have?

Re: I was listening to the game today when they said Beasley

Dec 11, 2016, 6:27 PM

hey clowney hitthat Michigan guy and caused a fumble. he was unblocked and it was targeting but after all what he did in cootvile is what matters. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

L Jackson hurdled that Syracuse guy. Superhuman!!!***

Dec 11, 2016, 7:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Let's revisit what McShay had to say about drafting Beasley

Dec 11, 2016, 7:37 PM

McShay is probably right on a few of his analyses and wrong on most. The NFL scouts don't listen to any of that. They make their own decision.

Dec 11, 2016, 7:42 PM

There is a reason he is an "analyst" as opposed to an NFL employee

send him an email***

Dec 11, 2016, 7:52 PM

McShay Molests Puppys***

Dec 11, 2016, 8:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was productive, a hard worker, freak athlete, high character

Dec 11, 2016, 9:05 PM

So let's give him a 2nd round grade? That's what got me. It was almost like he's was trying to find a reason not to like him instead of using all the overwhelmingly positive evidence to justify why you should like him.

Just like Jos Lunardi...

Dec 11, 2016, 10:15 PM

The job doesn't have much accountability bc you don't have to be right, just close enough.

And having 'hot takes' drives the conversation.

Dec 11, 2016, 10:30 PM

who is Mcshay?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 10:34 PM

100% agree

Watson will go in first round and not second, sorry McShay, you got it wrong again, but thanks for the nod on Mike Williams who will also be picked in the first round. Too many times though, you get it wrong. I knew Beasley was a star, His pro day was off the charts in some areas. I wrote about it at the beginning of the season. He needs help, but that will come with this year's draft.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,684
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic