Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let’s just stop it with all this BS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Let’s just stop it with all this BS

Nov 9, 2019, 10:42 AM

We all know Clemson is still the best team in the country and should be ranked # 1 in all these polls......these biased talking heads can not help their teams win any games by talking about how good they are......you have to go out on the field and prove it......that factor will eliminate all the politics, bias, corruption, and pure money making based opinions we have to deal with right now with both the polls and the selection committee......the cream always rises to the top in the end and that will be Clemson again and they all know this to be true......Go Tigers!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let’s just stop it with all this BS- well if u do that

Nov 9, 2019, 10:48 AM

u take ESPN off the air

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let’s just stop it with all this BS- well if u do that

Nov 9, 2019, 12:12 PM

Sounds good to me ......I’m All In with that idea......Go Tigers!!!!!

Best Team versus Best Resume

Nov 9, 2019, 10:52 AM

To me the water gets all muddy for some people because they knock one teams schedule. Other people look only at offensive production and rank teams.
Last I checked football is a three phase game - offense, defense and special teams. You have to be good in all to be a good "TEAM"!
Not just "explosive offense"!
Strength of schedule for SEC teams and Big 10 teams will always be in their favor from the jump. All the pre-season polls need to stop. Stop giving teams all these "credits" for beating ranked opponents and just look at the team on the football field.
Resume building is a guessing game done years in advance. You don't know who will be good 5 years from now. I'm sure Boise State thought they were signing up to take out a top 3 P5 team when they signed to play FSU shortly after they won the National Championship in 2013.
Clemson is the best team in the country and some of your talking heads dang well know it.

"ALL OF A SUDDEN THEY WANT TO GET HOLLIER THAN THOU AND TALK ABOUT DISQUALIFIERS"! Like for example a teams schedule they have been playing for decades. A schedule that has seen them prepared for 3 of the last four national championship games. Like you said, "they ought to stop the B.S. and stop trying to justify their fear of Clemson"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let’s just stop it with all this BS

Nov 9, 2019, 10:54 AM

I dont know if we are the best team. We might be. How would we know that?

Nov 9, 2019, 11:04 AM

Carlsbad® said:

I dont know if we are the best team. We might be. How would we know that?

How do we know Ohio State deserves to be rated #1? "Eye Test" or some "what ranked teams have a team played non-sense"! For Pete's sake they had Nebraska ranked early season and Ohio State is getting credit for that. Nebraska probably won't even make a bowl.
The experts get it wrong quite often Carlsbad. Like they did last year when they said Clemson would lose by multiple TD's to Alabama. At the time called the greatest college football team ever.

SEC Credit - being given

Nov 9, 2019, 11:12 AM

All the B.S. does need to stop!

You rank teams high early. Win or lose you either get quality win or a loss to ranked opponents. See the cycle now?

If one football conference does not have the best football reputation in the world - they don't get ranked early thus no "early season credit".

The average ESPN head just see that # next to team name and conclude(like a goober) they must be good. Nah, not necessarily, they could be ranked so high off reputation or potential. Remember early season most teams schedule winnable games; so few early season upsets. Unless you have the early season ranked opponent.

Nov 9, 2019, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Let’s just stop it with all this BS ]

Exactly...we really dont know. Any of 4 or 5 teams could say they should be 1. It all gets sorted out luckily.

Nov 9, 2019, 11:23 AM

That's like saying who will win the lottery because clearly we don't know. But at the same time "choosing to give certain people preferential treatment"! Preferential treatment based on largely one aspect of the game(offense) or history. All of which have no place in choosing the best college football "TEAM"!

Based on Dabo’s track record and stats this year

Nov 9, 2019, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Let’s just stop it with all this BS ]

I’m pretty confident we are the best team.

Offense is clicking now. Look out ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Based on Dabo’s track record and stats this year

Nov 9, 2019, 11:31 AM

I’m pretty confident we are the best team.

Offense is clicking now. Look out ??

Exactly! In Brent Venables I trust. Football has always been about playing complimentary football; not just offense. Some people have reduced football down to just who has good flashy and explosive offenses. The Tigers would be able to slow down any of the offenses ahead of us enough or even stop them - so the offense can eat up their porous defenses. Remember Alabama beat all the same teams on their weak SEC schedule by 29.1 ppg last year including LSU. And what happened to them as a point of reference before someone goes what does it have to do with this year.

Nov 9, 2019, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Let’s just stop it with all this BS ]

Since you approve of all this frigging fake news crap (yes I am talking about both sports and political fake news) you would be well qualified to apply for a job with ESPN or CNN.......take your pick brother and you would fit right in with all their BS.......Go Tigers!!!!!

That's the truth right there***

Nov 9, 2019, 11:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 11:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nov 9, 2019, 11:31 AM

If we would stop with all of this BS there would be no SEC.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 11:34 AM

Defense wins championships.

Nov 9, 2019, 12:21 PM

Exactly!

And a couple traditional defensive minded programs are not playing strong defense this season against average offenses.

Everyone is enamored with their "so called high powered offense"!

Nov 9, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Let’s just stop it with all this BS ]

Espn is kinda like the cable news channels. You know who they are pulling for when you tune in. They all should just play it straight down the middle and let the people decide.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic