Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's just call Lamar Jackson what he really is...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Let's just call Lamar Jackson what he really is...

Oct 14, 2016, 9:51 PM

A running back.

He is not a good QB. He doesn't make many good throws and can't do anything but roll out and run when under pressure.

He's a good player, no doubt, but he's not a great QB and won't play the position at the next level.

Message was edited by: tmitchell27®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NFL punt returner

Oct 14, 2016, 9:54 PM

Maybe some WR

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's just call Lamar Jackson what he really is...

Oct 14, 2016, 10:06 PM

Lamar Jackson is just another great college QB who will probable never play a down at QB in the pros.....will be a very good receiver though if he can catch the ball with all that speed....Go Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2016, 12:13 AM

I agree. no doubt He is a sensational player, but in college you can do things that you can't in the NFL. Ask Cam Newton. Defense still wins games, with his build, He would cracked by some of the NFL pass rushers in the League. He can take his play to the next level as a receiver, He'll have the hype following Him. It'll just be whether or not He will accept. Watson on the other hand, has gained weight in the off-season, muscle weight, throwing from the pocket more, and tightening up his game for the NFL to see his value of vision, decision making and throwing ability will give him a great shot at being a great NFL quarterback. Things to clean up, but more on that path than Jackson at this point either way.

Obviously Watson is better

Oct 15, 2016, 8:31 AM

No crap Sherlock. He's more NFL ready. We know this!

This isn't about Watson being better, it's about the OP saying Jackson wasn't a "good" QB .

Which obviously he is. Tebow was a "great" college QB. Vince Young as well

Obviously Watson is better

Oct 15, 2016, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's just call Lamar Jackson what he really is... ]

No crap Sherlock. He's more NFL ready. We know this!

This isn't about Watson being better, it's about the OP saying Jackson wasn't a "good" QB .

Which obviously he is. Tebow was a "great" college QB. Vince Young as well

Oct 14, 2016, 10:07 PM

No one in the media wants to recognize this. He would be perfect WR. With the speed all across the board in the NFL he will get demolished.

Oct 14, 2016, 10:18 PM

I can't see past his attitude. His body language is terrible.

Oct 14, 2016, 10:21 PM

I heard today that he sucker punched the receiver that got pushed out at the end of our game in the locker room. Extra security got called for WEZ down to their locker room to help out. He is a great talent but has no leadership and a bad temper under adversity. Perfect fit for Petrino.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prima Donna... Somebody gonna' light dat axx up soon...***

Oct 14, 2016, 10:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2016, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's just call Lamar Jackson what he really is... ]

Do you have a source for this?

Oct 14, 2016, 10:35 PM

That Clemson website that is always putting up bull$hit stories wrote something about it, but no credible sources ever said anything about it

Oct 14, 2016, 10:41 PM

Ah yes, so the source is Libel.com

Oct 14, 2016, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's just call Lamar Jackson what he really is... ]

Friend of mine was in WEZ for a small party his company was hosting that night for a sales incentive. One of the security guys came back and told him exactly what happened. If you call that a source. I see no reason of any of them lying. I'd heard rumors about it from a few Louisville fans about that the next week. You know that will get swept under the rug because he is the Heisman darling but Judging by his attitude, I can definitely see it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2016, 10:55 PM

That's really impressive that you were able to hear this rumor...especially since there are 0 Google results and 0 Twitter results for that.

So either this is the most secretive thing ever or, most likely, you totally made this up.

Oct 14, 2016, 11:01 PM

Dude, I heard the same rumor from 3 different people who don't know each other. It may not be true. Who really cares? I am just repeating what i heard on a meaningless message board. I'm not trying to break news here. Have a coke and a smile and chill out.

Oct 14, 2016, 11:06 PM

Dude, you're spreading a libelous rumor. You might not like Jackson, but you can't just make #### up.

Oct 14, 2016, 11:13 PM

A libelous rumor? We are on an anonymous message board. I wouldn't recommend reading this for factual news. This is entertainment. I typed in something I heard. Take it for what it's worth. I rarely post on this board and I understand half of what I read is complete BS but after a game, I put some stuff from what I heard from some people in the last few weeks and I've got someone calling me libelous? Hahaha. Are you Woodward or Bernstein?

Oct 14, 2016, 11:21 PM

Yea libel is a strong word...it's just a dbag move. Yes, it's a message board...but you're not insulting some other user, you're anonymously accusing a football player of assaulting a teammate and then said "I heard it from a friend" when asked about it.

Oct 14, 2016, 11:28 PM

For God sakes I posted something I heard from multiple people and I getting landblasted for it? Fine, I'll make sure everything I post on a message board is 100% accurate and edited. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not a newspaper, just someone who gets on a message board and posts stuff I think may be interesting. Didn't know that you guys took this so seriously. Fun just got sucked out of this site for me.

Oct 14, 2016, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's just call Lamar Jackson what he really is... ]

"It might not be true. Who really cares?"

Yeah why does it matter if you say something about somebody that isn't true? Hahaha

Oct 14, 2016, 11:18 PM

I was under the impression that these boards were for rumors and trash talking. Didn't know y'all took it so seriously. Guess I'll have a team fact check everything I type from now on. I'm terribly sorry. I'll let you guys get back to your serious business.

Oct 14, 2016, 10:20 PM

Were you at the Clemson Louisville game?

Oct 14, 2016, 10:23 PM

Yeah 75% of his completions came within 5 yards of the LOS

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 14, 2016, 10:31 PM

Because linebackers were blitzing and there was no one within 15 yards of them. Linebackers couldn't cover anybody, so they blitzed all 2nd half. Those guys were wide open and a lot of times he would stand in the pocket, make a guy miss, then find somebody. If you don't think he's a good QB, you are just a Clemson fan that is unrealistic

Oct 14, 2016, 11:15 PM

He's a good athlete no doubt, but he misses more throws than he hits past the 10 yards. He also never looks off safeties and takes off running if his first read is gone.

Oct 14, 2016, 11:28 PM

So what are your thoughts on DW4 throwing the deep ball this year? I know he's had more misses than hits in the 20+ yard range. What about his interceptions? Some of them have been super ugly. You chalk that up as just a bad play, or him as a bad QB?

Oct 14, 2016, 11:35 PM

I've previously stated that Deshaun has been off on his deep ball this year, but unlike Jackson he has a history of showing an NFL arm and one of the best deep balls in the college game. A next level QB doesn't throw for 51% against Syracuse and 50% against Duke.

Oct 14, 2016, 11:49 PM

I'm enjoying talking to you about this BTW, hope you don't think I'm arguing with you.

I think everybody is gonna have their days. Do you agree that if Jackson had Mike Will, Tay, Cain, Leggett, Gallman and Ray Ray it would be easier for him to stand in the pocker and push it down field? To my point, in the NFL, he is going to be surrounded by the best of the best. He is the only reason they were even close in the game with Clemson. I don't really judge players on the Syracuse and Duke games, more like the Clemson and FSU games. I feel like those games translate more. Just like I don't judge Deshaun on his game against Troy this year.

I can't take anything away from Jackson and I refuse to change my opinion on him based on a Friday night game against Duke. People on here are like teenage girls when they watch sports, it's almost like they have never played and don't really understand the whole concept. You aren't gonna set the world on fire every game. All I'm saying, the next time you watch him, imagine he has on orange with a tiger paw on his helmet.

Clemson would have blown them out if

Oct 15, 2016, 12:13 AM

Not for self inflicted wounds by the offense. Consequentially, the defense was exhausted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're missing Deshaun's go to man in that list

Oct 15, 2016, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's just call Lamar Jackson what he really is... ]

Renfrow, who was hurt early in the Troy game. Poor route running early has hurt Deshaun's accuracy, as well as some of the drops our recievers have had. Heck, if it wasn't for inopportune turn overs in the second half of the UL game, it would have been a slaughter. Legget has been missing passes and Mike has had poor route running. Rayray has been a better pseudo-rb. Really Cain has been the only solid WR as of late.

Oct 15, 2016, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's just call Lamar Jackson what he really is... ]

I'm enjoying this back and fourth also and understand where you're coming from. Our WR would even make an average QB look good. I've watched all the Louisville games this season except for Charlotte and Marshall and I have seen the same thing in all those games hits the passes underneath and off target most of the time down field. I agree that he was the sole reason why Louisville made it a game with us, but most his yards came when the D was gassed. We took away his legs for the most in the first 37 minutes of the game and he didn't cause us too many fits. The last 23 minutes we were missing tackles that we make earlier due to being fatigued and he ran wild on us. Obviously we have one of the best front 7s in the nation, but the point remains if you take away his legs the Louisville offense (and his game) is severely hindered because he hasn't shown the composure to throw the ball down field.

Oct 15, 2016, 1:44 AM

That Louisville fan that just showed up is making it tough for me to defend Jackson.

While the underneath throws aren't what you see in the highlights, they are still essential and necessary to move the ball. You can't throw a bomb every play, and hitting a wide open check down is still a good throw. I would take Watson any day because of the intangibles, I think it is just obvious that Watson is the one you want leading your team. We've seen both in adversity, and Watson is as cool as they come.

All I'm saying is don't be so quick to judge. Not to you in particular, but the guy has torn it up all year, plays a mediocre game against Duke on a Friday night, and nowe every Clemson fan on here says he would be lucky to be a WR in the league? Come on man

Most of the time, guys are criticized for not showing up in the big game and the stage being too big. Jackson has done nothing but ball out on the big stage, he's a big time player.

And we beat him on the biggest stage. Give the kid his props.

I have seen him throw some deep balls this year, but you're right he has missed more than he has made. I think we can both agree that if he gets that part of his game down, he will be more than scary.

Once again, love talking football with someone who knows it and appreciates talent. I'm clemson til I die, but I can appreciate good players when they come through and you obviously do too. I love the point you made about the front 7. I agree they are the best in the nation, even tho I disagree with people about who the best on that front 7 is. I don't think there is another team the nation that can make him as uncomfortable as we did

Oct 14, 2016, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's just call Lamar Jackson what he really is... ]

I think Watson is the better QB, I'm just trying to understand your logic. Bc I think Jackson is the best athlete in the nation at QB, and I think he's a dynamic playmaker. Some of the stuff I saw him do against Clemson when he was under pressure, being hit, throwing on the run just flicking his wrist, etc was phenomenal.

BTW I knew this was gonna be the talk after tonight's game. Just like the beginning of the year when everyone besides Clemson fans were bashing Watson, I knew after this sleep walk performance that everyone was gonna say all of this, even after seeing him in person all night two weeks ago

Oct 14, 2016, 11:41 PM

I agree he's the most athletic QB in the nation and was a treat to watch live. But when push comes to shove I'd rather take a QB that can stand in the pocket, make the throws, read coverage, and not rely on his legs. My main point is he relies to much on his legs and has an average arm.

Oct 14, 2016, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's just call Lamar Jackson what he really is... ]

Because linebackers were blitzing and there was no one within 15 yards of them. Linebackers couldn't cover anybody, so they blitzed all 2nd half. Those guys were wide open and a lot of times he would stand in the pocket, make a guy miss, then find somebody. If you don't think he's a good QB, you are just a Clemson fan that is unrealistic

Oct 14, 2016, 10:22 PM

YOU MEAN THAT GUY THAT JUST PUT 500 OM OUR D. THAT GUY

Oct 14, 2016, 11:13 PM

I see him playing QB on the next level.

Oct 14, 2016, 11:14 PM

I think anybody who sees football without bias does

Oct 14, 2016, 11:21 PM

Exactly. They won't give the kid his credit. Mike Vick played at an elite level, Jackson has the same similarites as Mike he's just right handed and has more speed in my opinion.

Lulz. He's a great QB***

Oct 14, 2016, 11:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RG3 > Lamar Jackson

Oct 14, 2016, 11:30 PM

And where is RG3?

Re: RG3 > Lamar Jackson

Oct 15, 2016, 2:29 AM

making a sandwich

^^^ exactly ^^^^***

Oct 15, 2016, 6:42 AM

Oct 15, 2016, 7:17 AM

I think Lamar Jackson is an excellent qb but I think that opposing teams have so much film on him that they have started to recognize his tendencies. I blame that on Petrino for letting his star qb play deep in the 4th in meaningless blowouts. On the flip side, The offensive staff at Clemson has taken dw4 out early in blow out games which is why today you'll see some new offensive wrinkles that you have not seen this year. Mark my word. But I digress...I think all jokes aside, that Lamar Jackson is going to be a solid nfl qb he just needs some more reps. People seem to forget that this is this kids first real year of starting. He's going to be scary good the next couple of years.

Oct 15, 2016, 8:17 AM

Major Harris?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lamar Jackson =

Oct 15, 2016, 8:24 AM

Woody Dantzler

Oct 15, 2016, 8:28 AM

The QB of the Louisville Cardinals. Let me guess, you waited until he had a human game to come to this "great" conclusion..smh

Oct 15, 2016, 9:03 AM

He will get a shot at the next level but I doubt he ever plays significant snaps at QB in the pros. To me he is Terrell Pryor 2.0. The good news for Jackson is Pryor is becoming a great receiver in the pros.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic