Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
US has 4% of world’s population and 25% of world covid cases
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 139
| visibility 1

US has 4% of world’s population and 25% of world covid cases

Aug 10, 2020, 12:17 PM

You think we are doing a good job with Covid?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ya, no

Aug 10, 2020, 12:18 PM

cause countries like China are lying their assess off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and Russia, Iran, and most of Africa***

Aug 10, 2020, 12:21 PM

Africa probably doesnt even have the tech to report***

Aug 10, 2020, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just shows you how dishonest libs are. He fully knows all

Aug 10, 2020, 12:28 PM [ in reply to and Russia, Iran, and most of Africa*** ]

this. Or i hope he's not a blithering idiot.

Re: just shows you how dishonest libs are. He fully knows all

Aug 13, 2020, 5:09 PM

xtiger said:

Of course, TheRump is a blithering idiot. Who else would go on FoxFakeNews, twice, and brag about passing an Alzheimers screening test. (Everyone in medicine knows that if you don't "ace" that test, the Doctor asks you to give him your car keys.) I thought Chris Wallace would roll on the floor laughing, as he asked TheRump about the difficulties of the simple test. (FYI, my M-in-law had "bad" dimentia, for three years, and then "aced" the Alzheimers scanning test.)

Such an idiot! You can't make this stuff up!!!

The real question, is who on his staff had the cajones to:
1. get him to take the test; and
2. convince him that he had "aced" an IQ test; and let him go on FoxFakeNews, twice, to brag about his "achievement."

You should ask yourself this: "Who in his admin thinks that he has Alzheimers?"

And why can you still support a mentally-deficient "inadequate-president."
The real question, is who in his

Re: just shows you how dishonest libs are. He fully knows all

Aug 13, 2020, 5:09 PM [ in reply to just shows you how dishonest libs are. He fully knows all ]

xtiger said:

Of course, TheRump is a blithering idiot. Who else would go on FoxFakeNews, twice, and brag about passing an Alzheimers screening test. (Everyone in medicine knows that if you don't "ace" that test, the Doctor asks you to give him your car keys.) I thought Chris Wallace would roll on the floor laughing, as he asked TheRump about the difficulties of the simple test. (FYI, my M-in-law had "bad" dimentia, for three years, and then "aced" the Alzheimers scanning test.)

Such an idiot! You can't make this stuff up!!!

The real question, is who on his staff had the cajones to:
1. get him to take the test; and
2. convince him that he had "aced" an IQ test; and let him go on FoxFakeNews, twice, to brag about his "achievement."

You should ask yourself this: "Who in his admin thinks that he has Alzheimers?"

And why can you still support a mentally-deficient "inadequate-president."
The real question, is who in his

speaking of mental disorders....

Aug 13, 2020, 5:11 PM

Tell me on the Trump doll, where did he touch you?

Re: and Russia, Iran, and most of Africa***

Aug 10, 2020, 4:25 PM [ in reply to and Russia, Iran, and most of Africa*** ]

How about all of Europe ?? Are they too lying, too ??

Re: and Russia, Iran, and most of Africa***

Aug 13, 2020, 7:53 PM

No they just aren't testing anymore! My son is stationed over there and said this is all an after thought.

other countries or incentivized to under report, our

Aug 10, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to ya, no ]

healthcare is incentivized to do the opposite. That on top of our free society is going to inflate the numbers both artificially and naturally. It's not the spanish flu and we shouldn't be destroying ourselves because of it. Those that want to stay in, stay in- I personally will stay in more and I always take precautions because I don't know how my body will react. But, the Show must go on with our without me!!

Re: other countries or incentivized to under report, our

Aug 10, 2020, 12:26 PM

are*

Aug 10, 2020, 1:25 PM [ in reply to other countries or incentivized to under report, our ]

Why on earth would other countries be incentivized to underreport? That's a pretty ridiculous assertion.

Aug 11, 2020, 2:31 PM

U.S. is incentivized to over report.
Other countries are not testing like we are.

Please enlighten me what our incentive to overreport is?

Aug 13, 2020, 2:27 PM

And what's their incentive to underreport?

Because to me, it sounds like a moronic conspiracy theory.

Re: Please enlighten me what our incentive to overreport is?

Aug 13, 2020, 3:24 PM

Well most places are not testing @ the rate the US is testing plus the test are @ best 60% accurate. With that being said unless you get sick then who know if you have it or not.

Aug 13, 2020, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: other countries or incentivized to under report, our ]

because they don't have the money to begin with ... not every country has the resources we have...most of the world doesn't look like the US...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Thighland lying too?***

Aug 10, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to ya, no ]

How delusional do you have to be to think every other country is lying

Aug 10, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to ya, no ]

About their cases. You think this is a giant international Conspiracy maintained by thousands of individual heads of state?

Orrrr maybe the USA just performed the worst when it came to virus response?

Reminds me of Gamecock fans trying to justify why the reason they lost wasn't Muschamp's fault.

where did i say "every" country?***

Aug 10, 2020, 1:51 PM

Re: How delusional do you have to be to think every other country is lying

Aug 10, 2020, 6:46 PM [ in reply to How delusional do you have to be to think every other country is lying ]

U think we performed the worst when it came to virus response.

please show these magic covid leaders in other countries

Aug 13, 2020, 2:35 PM [ in reply to How delusional do you have to be to think every other country is lying ]

and what their magic covid cancellation procedures were.

Stop hating America.

Re: How delusional do you have to be to think every other country is lying

Aug 13, 2020, 5:00 PM [ in reply to How delusional do you have to be to think every other country is lying ]

why does it have to be lying? Maybe they simply don't have the resources to go out and test everyone... there are 195 countries on the planet. You think those countries in dark have the resources to test everyone? They cant feed their populations let alone test them.

Re: ya, no

Aug 11, 2020, 10:32 AM [ in reply to ya, no ]

yeah, that makes total sense. China is lying abut their mortality statistics as part of a huge conspiracy to make trump look bad. In fact the entire world is doing it, worse yet America is over counting their deaths, again, just to make trump look bad. I feel so sorry for him, he is such a victim, but doing an amazing job during this pandemic. he does not get the credit he deserves for only killing off 160,000 people with is total and utter lack of leadership or decisive action. it is like he does not care.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

China, India, Russia and Others Have Misrepresented

Aug 10, 2020, 12:20 PM

and Under counted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did France?

Aug 10, 2020, 1:26 PM

They have less cases in their entire country than 1 county in Florida.

How about Germany? They are considering reopening soccer matches to fans.

Oh yeah, those countries actually listened to their scientific community early instead of trying to open too soon.

France is right there with us and Brazil in

Aug 10, 2020, 1:34 PM

Re: France is right there with us and Brazil in

Aug 10, 2020, 4:31 PM

T3,

I don't see how you are reaching your conclusions.

Anyone Who Quotes France About Anything Automatically

Aug 10, 2020, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Did France? ]

Loses The Internet....Please Try Again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did France?

Aug 11, 2020, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Did France? ]

Let’s just say if you test more then twice the amount of people then let’s just say a country that has 4 times your own population then just looking at “basic numbers” you might think we have handled it better!! You people are the same ones who screamed for more testing more testing!!!! And now that we have way outperformed any country with “testing” the same people are screaming we have the worst numbers in the world!!!!

On second note, who really believes China!! Some people really make me wonder about our educational system from basic logic to statistics!!! Hahahahaha

France got hit with the nastiest mutation of the virus.

Aug 11, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Did France? ]

They’re a bit smaller than us. It ripped through their country hard and fast. They had a high death rate because of the mutation they had there. Same one hit NYC I believe

They did a good job after the devastation

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: France got hit with the nastiest mutation of the virus.

Aug 18, 2020, 5:21 PM

Are you the TNET infectious disease expert???? Maybe President Trump should rely on your expertise rather than Fouchi and Burke... Just asking?

Message was edited by: Purple Gunstock 15®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, so you think China and Russia might be fibbing?

Aug 10, 2020, 5:02 PM [ in reply to China, India, Russia and Others Have Misrepresented ]

And here I believed China wasn't seeing any additional cases? Man, was I gullible or what? ??

China took their normal 3 weeks off for Chinese New Year, and then another 3 weeks before getting back to life as normal. They've been full steam ahead ever since. Somebody has to make masks for the rest of the globe. Good thing they have it "under control".

Re: US has 4% of world’s population and 25% of world covid cases

Aug 10, 2020, 12:22 PM

*Known* cases.

I don't buy those numbers for a minute.

Aug 10, 2020, 12:23 PM

I bet we test way more than most other countries, and also report more than some other countries.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Why? Other than you don't like the numbers?

Aug 10, 2020, 1:28 PM

We test way more because we have to. Our cases are out of control.

Even though we test more, we still have a higher % positives from our tests. The sad fact of the matter is that the virus is rampant in the USA compared to Europe.

USA pos % is 8%, rest of world is 9.5%. Educate much?

Aug 10, 2020, 1:46 PM

guess i'm educating you on my own time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why? Other than you don't like the numbers?

Aug 10, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Why? Other than you don't like the numbers? ]

How are we compared to Sweden?

I don't disagree that we've handled it poorly in the US.

Aug 10, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Why? Other than you don't like the numbers? ]

I mostly blame America's independent streak. The "don't tell me what to do" attitude in America isn't always good. This is one such example.

Do we truly have more cases than most other places? Yes, I believe we do. But I also believe we are testing a lot more asymptomatic people than most other countries.

I also don't trust the numbers from places like China. They have shown to be less than 100% truthful from the start.

My point is that I don't believe the difference in COVID cases in the United States is as drastic as the current numbers suggest.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don't disagree that we've handled it poorly in the US.

Aug 11, 2020, 6:11 AM

I blame a bunch of crooked politicians and a media that weaponized the virus in order to further their Liberal Agenda.
They lie cheat and steal ! Anything to Bring down Trump.
This is the biggest over reaction in the history of mankind.
Besides we should quarantine the sick not the healthy.
The world should be as normal then of your sick you are quarantined...
Shutting the world down has done nothing but hurt the situation!!!

Re: I don't buy those numbers for a minute.

Aug 10, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to I don't buy those numbers for a minute. ]

It is one thing (a good thing) to be skeptical of data.

It is another thing to draw conclusions based on that skepticism without better data.

Correct. We've tested twice as many people as the next

Aug 10, 2020, 4:56 PM [ in reply to I don't buy those numbers for a minute. ]

highest country and 10x as many people as others. Of course our case count is going to be higher.

I wonder what the OP thinks we could have done to "handle it better"?

I still wonder what "getting it under control, so we can resume normal life" means as well. Can you take a shot in that thread?

25% of the world's CONFIRMED cases.

Aug 10, 2020, 12:24 PM

Which is way different. In most other countries you are only tested if you have symptoms. The US is also the world's largest economy. Economic activity is just that. Activity. And those two things are related.

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

You have to look at per capita rates to gain a clearer picture.

Aug 10, 2020, 12:27 PM

Some countries are hiding their numbers and/or do not have the ability accurately report.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Aug 10, 2020, 12:30 PM

How did I get magically transported to bucknuts.com or 11wariors.com. You apologists sound like Ohio State fans bitching about refs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2020, 12:31 PM

So, how's the koolaide?

Aug 10, 2020, 1:28 PM

Objective data = Kool aid, now?

This country is screwed.

Seriously, it warrants further scrutiny. As Dr. Park used

Aug 10, 2020, 1:48 PM

to say, "Calculators lie!" We'll have to delve into the details to understand truly what is happening here, but just as it strains credulity to claim that there's some vast worldwide conspiracy of underreporting, it also strains credulity to think that America, due to the behavior of the average citizen and lack of conformity, is getting hit that much worse than the rest of the world. The number of variables to consider are off the charts.

The protests
The testing process and interpretation of results
The quality of the data
The incentives of the healthcare industry
The cosmopolitan nature of the country
The accuracy of other countries' data

According to this site:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

USA has 15,749 cases per 1M population.
Do we trust Mexico, when they say they have 3,708 per 1M?
El Salvador has 3,216 per 1M?
The Philippines has 1,245 per 1M?
Venezuela has 908 per 1M?
Are we sure the test in America is reporting the same results as Germany and France?

You can't accept these statistics on the surface. So many of these countries that are marked so significantly below us have objectively and significantly lower quality healthcare infrastructures, less ability to communicate to their citizens and develop access to cleaning supplies, etc. No one is saying we did everything right but, as I have been saying, when the world gets a moment to take a breath, I think we'll find some unbelievable findings in the audit of the worldwide response.

null

Re: Seriously, it warrants further scrutiny. As Dr. Park used

Aug 10, 2020, 4:38 PM

Swarley,

I think you make an excellent point about the number of variables involved.

However, I do think our lack of national leadership and our citizen's significant unwillingness to sacrifice a little personal "freedom' to benefit the good of the whole have hampered our response to the virus substantially. Those things could help account for our much worse response.

Re: Seriously, it warrants further scrutiny. As Dr. Park used

Jul 29, 2021, 7:07 AM

Laredo TX has seen a large increase in cases because so many people who work and live there commute to and from Mexico every day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize you can leave, right? However, I don't

Aug 10, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: US has 4% of world’s population and 25% of world covid cases ]

believe Canada would want you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Just checked your profile. I was shocked to see

Aug 10, 2020, 12:34 PM

that you are not employed by MSNBC or CNN.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 10, 2020, 12:42 PM

Ok yeah because all these other countries can be trusted to provide accurate numbers? Hey we are so awesomr we falsely jack up ours. Finally world wide death rate please!!! Not something the sky is falling crowd wants to discuss

We are not doing a great job - BUT - I don't trust

Aug 10, 2020, 12:43 PM

numbers from many of those countries. (Heck - I don't even trust the numbers from our country...)

China and Russia I know are not accurate

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How are we not doing a great job?

Aug 10, 2020, 5:12 PM

What could we have done differently?

Shut everything COMPLETELY down in January or February, when it was racist and xenophobic to block China? There were 103 confirmed US cases on March 3rd. Nobody (left, right, or middle) would have bought off on a complete economic shutdown and human lockdown in January or February.

Make mask wearing a federal mandate? How is it people who wear masks are still catching the virus? Is it solely the fault of those not wearing masks? Not buying that. Masks do not prevent the transmission of respiratory viruses, even when everyone wears one.

The only thing we can do to literally "get the virus under control" is to shut everything down. Essentials would operate and deliver essential materials to those sequestered. Is that feasible?

Just curious what we could have done better?

Honestly, all of my examples are in hindsight...

Aug 11, 2020, 10:53 AM

It seems like we were slow to protect the elderly - even though is was obvious in the early stages that it hit them hardest. (So, we were not great)

This administration and the previous administration had opportunities to be proactive - by stockpiling ventilators and PPE, but neither did despite warnings from their experts (So, we were not great)

I know where the US stands currently with what is allowed and what isn't (generally) but I don't actual know what other countries are doing...

I do think masks help (even if just a little). That said, I have enough sense to go to the grocery store without a mask, keep my distance, don't interact too much - and be perfectly safe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2020, 12:48 PM

Surely you don’t think all the numbers are correct ?

Aug 10, 2020, 4:41 PM

I think it is humorous that the same people arguing that our medical community is over-reporting our numbers are also arguing that other country's medical communities are under-reporting theirs.

I really hope you don't believe what you're typing.

Aug 10, 2020, 12:48 PM

While you may believe some people are not doing a great job social distancing/etc. please don't use statistics as your basis of reasoning. There are so many determining factors/outliers such as some test having up to 40% false positives, some countries not reporting all number, some countries not even having the availability for test or ability to report number of cases, and may other reasons.

There are far too many statistical outliers to even try to rationalize using mere numbers that show up your tv screen from whatever news station you choose to watch.

"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth"

-George Canning

Interesting number. There are undoubtedly false positives

Aug 10, 2020, 5:37 PM

being reported including for many who haven't even taken a test, but I'm curious where you got that "up to 40%" figure. That would certainly rain on the parade of the fear mongers.

US has 18% of the world's tests, does that matter Einstein?***

Aug 10, 2020, 12:59 PM

25% of the world's IDENTIFIED cases.

Aug 10, 2020, 1:01 PM

Your point may or may not have validity, but we're not talking about a level playing field.

Aug 10, 2020, 1:05 PM

The only number that matters is the deaths per million of population. The USA performed terribly. At 488 per million one of the highest in the world. Turkey was at 69 per million without testing. They told people with symptoms to call a number and took them HCQ and called them back in three days if they still had symptoms they then test them if positive they were sent to hospital for heavy HCQ and vitamins with oxygen. Their average hospital stay was 5 days. We played politics and let people die. At 69 per million we would have only lost about 22k.

Aug 10, 2020, 1:16 PM

You think Covid is bad? It will be mild compared with what climate change will do the worlds population. It’s already begun . These fierce tropical storms and opressive heat we are seeing now just didn’t happen. Let’s see what mr. businessman in Washington does to combat this problem. My guess. NOTHING! He tends to ignore science.

Yeah. We should open back up cause

Aug 10, 2020, 2:06 PM

Dying of covid is more humane than slowly being cooked to death by global warming and or eaten by starving polar bears

You can't just lay objective facts down and expect people to listen

Aug 10, 2020, 1:20 PM

This board is very anti-science and anti-data.

If you’re quoting that talking point

Aug 10, 2020, 1:27 PM

Re: You can't just lay objective facts down and expect people to listen

Aug 10, 2020, 1:27 PM [ in reply to You can't just lay objective facts down and expect people to listen ]

I sincerely hope that I never have to say “I told you so”. Greenhouse gases are real.

Dude, you are blowing this post up. Everyone who does not

Aug 10, 2020, 1:31 PM [ in reply to You can't just lay objective facts down and expect people to listen ]

agree with you is not stupid. I promise...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude, you are blowing this post up. Everyone who does not

Aug 10, 2020, 1:41 PM

I don’t believe you will ever find a post that I have made referring to anyone as stupid! Calling people names is rather childish ..... I think. And you certainly don’t have to agree with me on anything. I respect your opinion.

Forest, I was replying to Educationoncoronatime

Aug 10, 2020, 1:44 PM

Not you...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Forest, I was replying to Educationoncoronatime

Aug 10, 2020, 1:51 PM

My mistake

Re: You can't just lay objective facts down and expect people to listen

Aug 10, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to You can't just lay objective facts down and expect people to listen ]

I hate to say this but . . .

Aug 10, 2020, 1:26 PM

I don’t know the answer but suspect the US has a proportionate percentage of people tested too.

Aug 10, 2020, 1:30 PM

Yes, but only because we have infinitely more cases.

Our % positive is still higher than other countries despite mass testing. We were morons who let the virus run rampant while every other country listened to health experts. That's why we don't have college football. Period.

This virus was not contained in a lab. Why do you think

Aug 10, 2020, 1:33 PM

the general public can contain or control it?

because the TV man told him***

Aug 10, 2020, 8:53 PM

HAHAHAHA ... Yep, China did a FANTASTIC job of

Aug 10, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: US has 4% of world’s population and 25% of world covid cases ]

containing the virus and not letting it run rampant!

Aug 10, 2020, 1:42 PM

I believe most of the media has maintained an objective to support and hasten Trump’s failure since Day 1 of his presidency. Pick a topic and the media can explain why the US is doomed. SARS in the prior administration was not a problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats test proven cases if you trust the tests and...

Aug 10, 2020, 1:56 PM

the results as reported from all countries.

If a country does no testing, does that mean they have no cases?

If a country lies, can we trust their reports?

The way our system gives incentives to medical systems caring for covid cases and deaths do you really trust our numbers?

Have you not noticed our deaths per 100,000 is gar better than most countries?

Re: Thats test proven cases if you trust the tests and...

Aug 10, 2020, 5:58 PM

Thank you Preachin'Tiger, I always question the rate per 100,000. Otherwise it's way too easy to take things out of context.

ny has 32,847 deaths compared to

Aug 10, 2020, 1:57 PM

floridas 8,277 deaths..yet media swears ny handled it well and florida didnt..so yeah the us handled it greatly per media logic

but the MSM isn't biased***

Aug 10, 2020, 3:10 PM

Fox and the Trump White House have shared over 21 people

Aug 10, 2020, 3:27 PM

So, you are correct about one media outlet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ny has 32,847 deaths compared to

Aug 10, 2020, 6:24 PM [ in reply to ny has 32,847 deaths compared to ]

Such an unfair comparison. Do you not realize that New York has more international travel than any city in the country and more density and they got it first before we knew anything about this virus? Totally unfair comparison

so are we going to act like orlando, miami, and so on dont

Aug 10, 2020, 8:44 PM

have tons of mass travel from international as well?

LOL...Unfair?

Aug 10, 2020, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: ny has 32,847 deaths compared to ]

Obviously a liberal.

Re: ny has 32,847 deaths compared to

Aug 11, 2020, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: ny has 32,847 deaths compared to ]

NY's biggest problem was Cuomo quarantining positive cases in nursing homes. He wasn't alone. 43% of alleged Covid deaths were Nursing Home patients. Murder.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you test more than any other country

Aug 10, 2020, 2:03 PM

you'll get more positives, or as it's being proven by the hour, the chance to lie about the numbers. Every single state caught lying is now claiming "a mistake" was made.

From CDC's own website

Aug 10, 2020, 2:17 PM

If you test positive
A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.
Having antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19 may provide protection from getting infected with the virus again. If it does, we do not know how much protection the antibodies may provide or how long this protection may last.
Talk with your healthcare provider about your test result and the type of test you took to understand what your result means. Your provider may suggest you take a second type of antibody test to see if the first test was accurate.
You should continue to protect yourself and others since you could get infected with the virus again.
If you work in a job where you wear personal protective equipment (PPE), continue wearing PPE.
You may test positive for antibodies even if you have never had symptoms of COVID-19. This can happen if you had an infection without symptoms, which is called an asymptomatic infection.

Yup. We are testing considerably more people and counting

Aug 10, 2020, 5:22 PM

"cases" differently. And heck, often times there are reported cases for people who haven't even taken the test.

New York has 2% of the US population and 20% of the total

Aug 10, 2020, 2:04 PM

deaths, but all the libs think Cuomo did a fantastic job. Heck, the only reason their stats are dropping is probably because so many New Yorkers have had it that it cannot spread as easily now.

Aug 10, 2020, 2:09 PM

Correction- 4% of worlds population and 25% of ‘reported’ cases. We are testing at a level unparalleled by any country and are still likely vastly underreporting number of cases.

Incomplete statistics.

Aug 10, 2020, 2:36 PM

First, we don't know anywhere near how many cases countries like China, North Korea, Russia, etc.have.

Secondly. Most countries are testing people who don't have symptoms. For example, if the University wasn't wasn't requiring returning staff or players to get tested, we would never know of all those "cases" because most never had any symptoms and wouldn't have gotten the test in the first place. We have more "cases" because we test more.

The only way to know the true numbers is to test every citizen of every country. And, of course, that'll never happen.

No. Imagine FDR after Pearl Harbor telling the states

Aug 10, 2020, 3:17 PM

to handle WWII. "I'm going golfing."

That's why a new poll released today from Republican Pollster Ed Goeas and Democratic Pollster Celinda Lake shows 60% disapprove of how Trump has handled the Covid crisis while only 38% approve.

"Maybe we can get back to normal by Easter." Fat Fool Donnie.

Enjoy 4 More Years of Him...And I'm Not a Trump Supporter

Aug 10, 2020, 3:32 PM

I Just Detest The Dem Talking Heads Worse Than Him. Biden Couldn't Beat His Way Out of a Wet Paper Bag.

85 days out, it's looking like a huge humiliating Trump loss

Aug 10, 2020, 3:34 PM

and the Senate going down with him.

Wait, so Hillary didn't win the last election??

Aug 10, 2020, 5:40 PM

I stopped watching after she hummiliated Donald and was declared the winner. Dang, I must have missed something. You mean Hillary wasn't responsible for the record economy?

Re: No. Imagine FDR after Pearl Harbor telling the states

Aug 10, 2020, 5:48 PM [ in reply to No. Imagine FDR after Pearl Harbor telling the states ]

War powers are enumertated in the Constitution. How and when businesses can open is not. Neither are wearing masks, taking tests and being vacinnated.

Re: No. Imagine FDR after Pearl Harbor telling the states

Aug 11, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to No. Imagine FDR after Pearl Harbor telling the states ]

You're infantile.

Aug 10, 2020, 3:40 PM

It could have been much worse if President Donald J. Trump had not stopped the hoards from China and Europe wanting to come here on vacation or for whatever reason. Thank you President Trump for your quick, insightful and decisive action.

Aug 10, 2020, 4:47 PM

sanwt,

One good decision and hundreds of bad ones.

Aug 10, 2020, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: US has 4% of world’s population and 25% of world covid cases ]

U Better find a different crack dealer, you got bad stuff

Aug 10, 2020, 4:22 PM

I don't know, but I would bet that 98% of the other countries are doing a worse job of testing, reporting, and treating their Covid 19 victims.

Aug 10, 2020, 4:48 PM

Rock You,

based on what data ??

Aug 11, 2020, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: US has 4% of world’s population and 25% of world covid cases ]

I concur except for the treatment. Many countries are using HCLQ and achieving fantastic results.

Yes***

Aug 10, 2020, 4:26 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yes***

Aug 10, 2020, 4:26 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 10, 2020, 5:19 PM

Probably German, but the US is also doing 50%+ of all the testing in the world and reporting the truth plus whatever the states add to it for additional funding and fuel the fear factor!

Aug 10, 2020, 6:52 PM

That is horrible logic and horrible math. Please don’t quit your day job.

Aug 10, 2020, 5:58 PM

I heard an interesting fact the other day from a nurse in a local hospital. A colleague of hers at the hospital tested positive so he had to stay home. She had to get tested again before returning to work. She went every 5 days for a test and had 4 more positive tests before having a negative one. She was told that would show up in the overall count as 4 more cases, rather than 1 person tested 5 times. That might skew the numbers a bit!

Aug 10, 2020, 6:57 PM

These anecdotal incidents provide zero worthwhile information. The fact is the US has handled the virus horribly. You can reach for alternative facts and anecdotal stories, but if you don’t understand this, you have been conned by trump and his online trolls. The truth is u r are in denial.

Aug 11, 2020, 3:36 PM

Tigeranne is rubber and you are glue. Truth.

Aug 10, 2020, 6:48 PM

No we are not doing a good job with Covid. Top 10 in resources. Bottom 10 in results.

The US has the world's majority

Aug 10, 2020, 6:55 PM

of snowflake progressives glued to social media running around in their echo chamber. This is the biggest problem the USA faces.

Oh, oh, oh... lemme guess!

Aug 10, 2020, 7:10 PM

Trump’s fault. What specific plan would Ms. Clinton had followed that would make it different? Because that’s the only answer you can give than won’t make you appear to be a political partisan stirring up trouble.

Let’s focus on the death rates, as this is a much more relevant statistic.

Aug 10, 2020, 7:46 PM

US has 4% of the worlds population and 23% of the worlds deaths. This takes away the argument of too much testing blah blah blah. In fact, tons of testing should help deaths as those that are contagious can quarantine. The problem is about half the test take many days to process, which makes them useless. There is some evidence that this is improving, and let’s hope that trend continues.

No question Trump has limited control over this. But we just have not done well compared to others anyway you look at it. Many reasons why we are so bad at coronavirus response. We are one of the fattest countries in the world which no one wants to talk about, we have more international travel than most all countries, and our government structure is not conducive to a unified federal message. We have this don’t tread on me individualist approach that doesn’t work with coronavirus. Yes, there are some European countries with lower death rates per thousand. But let’s see where we are in a few months. At the moment they are clearly doing better than we are. The UK screwed up royally,(no pun intended), and their leader is very similar to Trump. Not a coincidence in my opinion

However, we have to admit that Trump is the most divisive president in history. Some of it is not all bad, and that is why he was elected to push back on politics as usual. Since our country has never been more divided, half the country doesn’t trust federal leadership. Trumps maverick style got him elected, but just not what we need for coronavirus response.

Trumps strengths have hurt him with coronavirus. He’s an entrepreneur who is a gambler from a business standpoint and goes with his gut instinct. He miscalculated that we should open the economy even though this went against CDC guidelines. Well this was a mistake, I understand it, and he just took a gamble and lost. What I can’t excuse is him making wearing a mask a political statement. That was just his narcissism getting the best of him.

While its ridiculous to say the US has handled coronavirus well, I was very encouraged by trumps press conference tonight. His tone was better, his number of lies was much less. And I hope this continues. He has to come across as more levelheaded and fact based to win this election. If you remember, he became much more disciplined two or three months before the 2016 election. Trump does hate to lose, which I do admire so we will see what happens

Great post! Would love to see you post more often as

Aug 10, 2020, 8:06 PM

your "pulse" is unfairly low in my opinion.

Re: Let’s focus on the death rates, as this is a much more relevant statistic.

Aug 10, 2020, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Let’s focus on the death rates, as this is a much more relevant statistic. ]

A reasoned statement. The CDC, Surgeon General and Johns Hopkins U all discouraged the use of masks in early March only to change their stance. This had a major effect on how people responded to the use of mask as well as other measures.

Aug 10, 2020, 9:04 PM

That is certainly true about the masks early on, but my problem is in April when everyone agreed we should wear a mask, Trump set a bad example and tried to make wearing a mask a political statement. That is my biggest complaint with him on the coronavirus response

Aug 13, 2020, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Let’s focus on the death rates, as this is a much more relevant statistic. ]

Remove Nursing Home deaths (get NY to accurately report and the number goes up more) and then where are we? Not everyplace is the same.

60% of the US is obese or overweight

Aug 10, 2020, 7:45 PM

That stat doesn't exactly help our cause. Have you been hiding under a rock? Why do you think the US was so worried when Italy had such a hard time?

Aug 10, 2020, 9:04 PM

We are doing just fine. We just don't know how to count actual cases. The only reason we have more cases is because of all the politics involved. #### this virus and let's get on with life. So sick of this bull ####.

Aug 10, 2020, 9:05 PM

And!?! The faster this spreads the faster antibodies are produced and the faster we can get on with life. Death rate still at 1% and I don’t even trust that as it’s been proven that people who have never tested have found out they tested positive and people who have died in a car accident were listed as COVID-19 COD.

People count #of cases like it’s a bad thing. Guess what. It’s here. It ain’t going anywhere. We will all eventually get it. If you truly fear this virus. Go get a months supply of food on the first of each month and sit your butt at home while the rest of us go on with life.

Aug 10, 2020, 9:05 PM

And!?! The faster this spreads the faster antibodies are produced and the faster we can get on with life. Death rate still at 1% and I don’t even trust that as it’s been proven that people who have never tested have found out they tested positive and people who have died in a car accident were listed as COVID-19 COD.

People count #of cases like it’s a bad thing. Guess what. It’s here. It ain’t going anywhere. We will all eventually get it. If you truly fear this virus. Go get a months supply of food on the first of each month and sit your butt at home while the rest of us go on with life.

Aug 11, 2020, 3:17 AM

Aren't we doing the most testing?

False, false false!!!

Aug 11, 2020, 7:24 AM

China and India quit reporting. China couldn't handle the negative publicity!!! India has border confrontational disagreements like China.

As our ppl come back to us infected they have done the same as tourists and breeders bring the plague to SC trying to escape the severity of it in the NE, knowing they could find a ventilator here when they doubled up in NY. All southern states got whacked when Northerns decided to use us for refuge.

But when elections come, we will be horrible humans that promote slavery and we wont deserve to be healthy.

Such a terrible time to voice an opinion, as the majority is shamed by vocal minority.

Re: elephant in the room

Aug 11, 2020, 7:35 AM

The protests in May......

However Trump’s handling of this has been a disaster, yet some will still wash his balls over it and somehow say he did a great job.

Aug 11, 2020, 7:49 AM

Our tests far exceed the global avg. In SC we have tested 20%, 1/5 tested. Found around 10% test positive. New stats say that every case has 9 more infected. If that is true, SC is almost 100% exposed and we are surpassed saturation. We have seen dramatic decline in numbers. From new studies, South Carolina has a .27% death rate and that number is elevated from poor handling and I expect it to be very similar to Flu in long run.

Our hospitals nor ventilators got over 60%, barely hit 50%, but NY needed ships amd makeshift hospitals. Seattle needed hospitals and temporary housing. Good thing DemChits can handle their crisis!

stupid question - so - if nobody gets tested - then no cases

Aug 11, 2020, 9:20 AM

the best number would be actual deaths CAUSED by covid19. and as we know - this is not only not done the same throughout the world - it is also inflated in the USA - as anyone that dies with covid19 is considered a covid death - even if death was not caused by covid.

so - to respond to your question or comment.

quit testing and problem is solved. (to your liking)

Aug 11, 2020, 10:10 AM

And 80% of global testing capacity. Sigh, you’re not very bright are you?

Aug 11, 2020, 10:52 AM

You liberal idiots never cease to amaze me with your logic and knowledge .......or lack thereof.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Aug 11, 2020, 3:52 PM

Accidentally TD'd you meaning to give you a TU, sorry.

Aug 11, 2020, 11:46 AM

Here’s my story. I tested at local hospital and was informed it would take 7 to 14 days for results. So I went to Doctors Care and got a rapid test, which was positive. My employer policy, which has since changed, required a negative test before returning to work after a 14 day quarantine. I tested positive twice more trying to get back to work..after feeling totally better w no symptoms after quarantine. Long story short. I’m one case of covid but statistically I’m 4 cases. The numbers are skewed!

Aug 11, 2020, 1:37 PM

You actually think South America, Mexico, Asia, and most places in Europe have tested as much as us? Come on man!

Aug 13, 2020, 5:01 PM

The important statistic is the per capita mortality rate from the disease. It is not based on how many tests are given. It is how many people in a given country have died per capita. Johns Hopkins has a current chart that shows the U.S. has the 8th highest mortality rate in the world out of about 160 countries. The United Kingdom has more deaths per capita and is lead, if you can use that term, by someone similar to Trump. Germany has about 25% of the rate of deaths that we do. S. Korea and Japan have less than that. I would have attached the Johns Hopkins charts but they were too large to attach. Do a Google search of "Covid mortality rate per capita" and the Johns Hopkins material pops up. There is simply no other explanation for this horrible result except lack of leadership. I think everyone would agree that the virus enemy is the same in S.C., as every other state in the nation. That being the case, why in God's name would we not have a uniform, nationwide strategy to fight it? Instead POTUS chose to fight it state by state, city by city and county by county. And, lets face it, some of our states are led by idiots.

Aug 13, 2020, 6:05 PM

I don't know why in the heck Trump did not start working warnings about poor diets leading to diabetes, morbid obesity, etc. and our nations lack of exercise, and failure to promote eating nutritious food 50 years ago when he was 23 years old. Yes, since his lack of attention to that in the 1960's and 70's has certainly led to our higher mortality rate. We can lay all of that at his feet.

Isn't the US population considered the unhealthiest on...

Aug 13, 2020, 2:59 PM

..the planet, even before the virus hit? So with our obesity issue and everything else we have wrong with us, wouldn't it be natural to think we have a high death rate from this thing?

Yes, exactly.

Aug 13, 2020, 3:05 PM

Unhealthy in general with a majority of the population overweight or obese. Plus, our society is overfed and undernourished.

Aug 13, 2020, 4:50 PM

you think 50% of the countries can even report at all? 10% lie, and the rest report what they report. We have tested more and therefore we have more... whats your point?

Replies: 139
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic