Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let’s be honest and admit there
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Let’s be honest and admit there

Nov 3, 2018, 11:26 PM

Are three elite teams in college football right now and on any day any of the three can beat the other. Fourth team, whether it be ND or Michigan or Oklahoma or Ohio State is really irrelevant. It’s down to us, bama and Georgia this year and for the foreseeable future.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let’s be honest and admit there

Nov 3, 2018, 11:29 PM

Us and Alabama. UGA not that good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia?

Nov 3, 2018, 11:30 PM

They lost to that LSU team by 20

Georgia is garbage. Michigan could shut their B1G offense

Nov 3, 2018, 11:31 PM

Down

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia definitely isn't garbage

Nov 4, 2018, 9:52 AM

They were better last year, particularly on defense, but they are still very good.

they gave up 275 yards rushing to a 1 dimensional

Nov 4, 2018, 10:02 AM

Team in LSU. I have to respectfully disagree. That's garbage defense in my book.

Their offense is really good this year and they are

Nov 4, 2018, 2:19 PM

a top 5 team. If that's garbage to you i guess you have really high standards. Who's not garbage? Just Bama and Clemson? To me garbage is Wake and Louisville.

Georgia lost a lot on offense too

Nov 4, 2018, 3:45 PM

Their offense is not that great. They lost a lot at 2 key positions for them. OL and RB.

UGA runs the old school pro style offense that is much easier to defend than the spread. They NEED to be dominant at OL and RB to be elite. their qb Fromm is above average. He's not striking fear into any team with a good defense.

They are barely 2nd teir this year. They are over hyped because of the inflated rankings of SEC teams. their youthful team got manhandled agaisnt a tough experienced group at LSU. I expect them to get manhandled even worse against Bama.

Their offense is average and their defense is not disciplined. Giving up 275 yards to a team that can't throw the ball? Good lord, if our team did that we'd have the biggest meltdown since Tommy Bowden.

They will be back but people are giving them way too much credit for last year IMO.

Nov 3, 2018, 11:34 PM

Would not classify uga as elite.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys are crazy. Only team to hang

Nov 3, 2018, 11:39 PM

With bama the last two years and on another roll. LSU loss not a huge loss. Better than our losses the past few years. Georgia is legit. Like it or not.

Re: You guys are crazy. Only team to hang

Nov 3, 2018, 11:41 PM

Based on what facts?

We'll see what happens in the SEC title game. They won't get to face off with a gimp Auburn team this year.

Remember when Tua came off the bench for the first time ever and lit their a$$ on fire last year?

Right, so the team that didn’t

Nov 3, 2018, 11:49 PM

Need Tua to beat us handily and needed him to barely beat UGA is somehow the barometer to prove UGA isn’t that good. Makes sense.

Re: Right, so the team that didn’t

Nov 3, 2018, 11:54 PM

Yeah because we're two different teams.

KB was 1-dimensional. I was surprised we even made it to the Playoffs with him last year. We managed to not lose our way there...

Our offense was abysmal last year, remember?

fake news. Our offense was not

Nov 4, 2018, 12:01 AM

Abysmal last year. That’s just false. In fact, other than bama and auburn, we scored a lot of points and won handilu against everyone, including va tech, Miami, Louisville and so carolina.

Re: fake news. Our offense was not

Nov 4, 2018, 12:03 AM

It's not false. Our offense was frustrating to watch last year. We had a couple of good games against undisciplined team. Bug whoop. We are hanging 60 and 70 points this year because our offense is good.

Re: fake news. Our offense was not

Nov 4, 2018, 8:14 AM [ in reply to fake news. Our offense was not ]

I dunno what you were watching but our offense was trash last year...Its amazing how much of a threatening passing game will open up the run game aint it? Like 500 yards on the ground type game...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Right, so the team that didn’t

Nov 4, 2018, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Right, so the team that didn’t ]

KB had a terrible arm. We were a 1 dimensional team last year.

UGA lost everything off that team. Their defense couldn't stop a good passing offense before they lost all those players.

They can't stop the run as well as they did last year.

One season doesn't make you legit or elite

Nov 4, 2018, 12:02 AM [ in reply to You guys are crazy. Only team to hang ]

Everyone, including the talking heads think it’s Bama, Clemson,

Nov 4, 2018, 12:14 AM [ in reply to You guys are crazy. Only team to hang ]

then everyone else. So either everyone here and national pundits are wrong and you’re one of the few that have this thing figured out, or you’re being obtuse...UGA has ###### in their armor. They are not elite.

Re: Everyone, including the talking heads think it’s Bama, Clemson,

Nov 4, 2018, 12:17 AM

I just learned a new ethnic slur from TigerNet and I had no idea...

Ah-so....***

Nov 4, 2018, 7:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll be honest and admit

Nov 3, 2018, 11:57 PM

We are GOOD at football. Bring. On. Bama.

Go Tigers baby!!!

Nov 3, 2018, 11:59 PM

Georgia is in the kiddie pool.

Nov 4, 2018, 12:02 AM

Uga will not be in the playoffs especially if Mich and Okla win out. They will not jump them as a two loss team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 12:06 AM

LSU was able to shine some light on the potential weakness in bama's game. However, they were not able to capitalize due to "average" QB play. If Fromm can return to last years form, it could be a good matchup for uga in their game against bama??

1) LSU did perform a cup check on Tua and I'm guessing the little Tua's were left unprotected.
2) Tua's knee is worse than bama wants to admit. Contact needs to be made on tua every play (pushing, shoving, etc)
3) Offensive schemes need to be devised to take advantage of bama's defensive speed. Much easier said than done
3b) Personally, I'd love to see us pick on a specific DB. No matter which receiver lines up against him they run a deep sprint pattern. No blocking, just run. Next play, new receiver...same sprint. Rinse, wash, repeat. Make him spend his energy early & often :)

Side note, how was that targeting call on LSU reversed but AJ Terrells targeting enforced? Resembled the same contact to me. I know different officiating crews, but standards should be the same.

Nov 4, 2018, 12:09 AM

Michigan is getting better every week.

Georgia?? LOL. You’re stoned.***

Nov 4, 2018, 12:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 4, 2018, 12:59 AM

Lets be honest and admit that you’re drunk. Michigan would drag Georgia up and down the field. And as for the two horse race, our best win is a 4 loss team (yes A&M is a better win than cuse). Alabama just shut out the #3 team in the country (don’t care how over rated you say LSU is, so save it). Y’all need to chill with the “this natty is Clemson’s to lose” nonsense. Just enjoy the ride

Nov 4, 2018, 7:39 AM

You think A&M was our best win? Only because it was AT A&M. Our offense is different now with a confident TL and much better passer. Syracuse is a good team and when they knock off Notre Dame, then maybe you'll be convinced. Definitely going to have to have a good scheme against Bama offensively. They will no doubt still be favored, and wouldn't doubt it would be a double digit....10/11.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elite teams don’t lose by 3 touchdowns to teams...

Nov 4, 2018, 7:41 AM

that can’t score one point, at home, against Alabama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Elite teams don’t lose by 3 touchdowns to teams...

Nov 4, 2018, 9:19 AM

Meh....history is not on your side.

Not just in the case of Alabama, but look at the mid 90s Nebraska, early 90s Miami, 2000s USC. There are times when a team is so good they make other teams and their rankings look like aberrations.

So LSU and UGA are elite?***

Nov 4, 2018, 9:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: So LSU and UGA are elite?***

Nov 4, 2018, 9:54 AM

No, I'm not saying that at all. I don't think I even implied that. It was that lsu is a good team, not great. They deserved to be ranked. #3....maybe not so much.

But because they lost the way they did to a team that many would consider elite doesn't take away from the fact that they were a good team. Just unmatched by that extreme.

The OP’s argument is that UGA is one of 3 elite teams...

Nov 4, 2018, 10:05 AM

It seems we both disagree with him.

So, which elite team are you

Nov 4, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Elite teams don’t lose by 3 touchdowns to teams... ]

Referring to, Mr. Tattoo? Clemson? Bama?

If Bama...why are you here? Does ESPN not inflate your ego enough?

If Clemson...why are you here? Are the Tigers in your head? You can admit it...go ahead.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, which elite team are you

Nov 4, 2018, 9:58 AM

Salty55 said:

Referring to, Mr. Tattoo? Clemson? Bama?

If Bama...why are you here? Does ESPN not inflate your ego enough?

If Clemson...why are you here? Are the Tigers in your head? You can admit it...go ahead.

Bama. I've been a regular in Michigan, Texas, OU, Stanford, and a few other boards for years. Try to stop in and check out the upper levels for each conference yearly. Answer questions, get questions answered.

And to be honest, if I didn't see the header, I'd think this was a Bama forum with all the threads dedicated to the team. Speaking of being in someone's head...

Nov 4, 2018, 7:41 AM

Michigan looks pretty good but I believe Bama and us could shut their O down. Same thing with UGA. Bama and Clemson are on a different level and from what I have seen I believe we can score on Bama. LSU running backs didn't have patience to find the holes and just tried to bounce outside. ETN will find the holes in the middle. Also we have a qb who can fit it in the tight windows almost every time not just 4 or 5 times a game.

Nov 4, 2018, 8:11 AM

Michigan looks solid and definitely have a shot to get to the playoff, but “let’s be honest” Penn St is not very good this year. That was a game in the 3rd. Also, McSorely was playing injured.

most certainly

Nov 4, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Let’s be honest and admit there ]

Michigan has a good defense and a weak offense. They gonna get rolled in the CFP

There are really only two. Get ready for

Nov 4, 2018, 9:03 AM

Clash of the Titans IV. And after that one, we will be tied at 2-2, with another sequel to come in 2019-20. (But, of course, even after we win this years Natty, Bama will start out next season at #1, 'cause nobody else is as good as Bama!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Misspelled “two”

Nov 4, 2018, 9:05 AM

Georgia was better last year

I see two dominant teams and then 4 others in the 2nd tier

Nov 4, 2018, 9:51 AM

Michigan, UGA, ND, and OU. And i would rank them in that order currently.

Re: I see two dominant teams and then 4 others in the 2nd tier

Nov 4, 2018, 10:01 AM

OU is personally the corpse of the year. I thought they would see a huge drop off, even in the no defense league after Baker left.

The new QB, despite being a millionaire with a contract on the Oakland As, is doing solid work out there and putting them in a good position if someone in the top falters.

Re: I see two dominant teams and then 4 others in the 2nd tier

Nov 4, 2018, 10:07 AM

Sorry, not corpse, surprise.

Think UGA would beat ND but a tossup against Michigan.

Nov 4, 2018, 10:11 AM

Michigan looked great yesterday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with that. Those are my 3/4 teams right now

Nov 4, 2018, 2:21 PM

and i think they are very close. Georgia looks like they've turned it up a notch the last two weeks after the bad outing at LSU. I think ND is 5th or 6th for me atm. It's difficult to compare them to OU because it's difficult to compare OU to any other top 10 team right now. They Big XII is practically playing a different sport.

Nov 4, 2018, 2:47 PM

I thought the third team would be Michigan - not UGA. UGA is in a very weak division, and many HS teams could win in that division. They will get curb-stomped in the SECCG, and will probably lose 1-2 more games prior to making it that far.

For me, it is Bama, CLEMSON, and Michigan. Nobody else in the SEC even matters IMO. Just a bunch of pretenders that happen to be in the same conference as Bama, so they get recognition that way.

LMFA @ Ugay.***

Nov 4, 2018, 5:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic