Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's be honest about it. Running against Trump's record is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 788

Let's be honest about it. Running against Trump's record is

Aug 21, 2020, 2:52 PM

like shooting fish in a barrel. The delusion that Trump has a chance at reelection is staggering.

https://youtu.be/HvUHLn0iTA8

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think he’s got a chance. I’d say 65% chance Biden wins

Aug 21, 2020, 2:59 PM

right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fivethirtyeight has Biden winning 73% of the time

Aug 21, 2020, 3:07 PM

but Nate Silver says that's about where they had the Hillary/Trump prediction in 2016 and with the unknowns about the postal service, gerrymandering, voter enthusiasm, etc...

I think it's still very much a toss-up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fivethirtyeight has Biden winning 73% of the time

Aug 21, 2020, 3:13 PM

Man you beat me to it by like ten seconds.

I shouldn't have stopped to post the link, durnit.

Aug 21, 2020, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Fivethirtyeight has Biden winning 73% of the time ]

deweather said:

but Nate Silver says that's about where they had the Hillary/Trump prediction in 2016 and with the unknowns about the postal service, gerrymandering, voter enthusiasm, etc...

I think it's still very much a toss-up.

Maybe...but I think it's important that Hillary had some of the worst negative numbers before she ran than any other politician in the Dem Party. She was hands down the worst nominee the Dems have ever put up.

Not so with Biden, he's not Hillary.

And Trump is known.

Aug 21, 2020, 3:30 PM

If you look at the different polling questions that are asked, it's hard to find an opening for Trump where he polls well that would provide a platform for him to elevate himself with enough of the voters to provide him a path to victory. Even his polling on the economy has fallen dramatically.

With Covid deaths nearing a quarter million by election day and the likely effects on the economy between now and then, it's hard to see Trump gaining a winning margin over the next 70ish days. I can't understand why the Senate won't approve a second spending package to help people who are and will be struggling over the next few months. It has nothing to do with the deficit. Perhaps they are resigned to a Trump loss and don't want to see incoming Democratic candidates from enjoying the political benefits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Fivethirtyeight has Biden winning 73% of the time ]

he is pretty darn close felix, 3rd time is a charm I guess.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel about the election how I felt about Clemson Carolina

Aug 21, 2020, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Fivethirtyeight has Biden winning 73% of the time ]

game in 77.

Felt we should win, but the Catch I saved us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2020, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Fivethirtyeight has Biden winning 73% of the time ]

lol, “unknown’s about the postal service”.... keep lapping up that smegma

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think he’s got a chance. I’d say 65% chance Biden wins

Aug 21, 2020, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Think he’s got a chance. I’d say 65% chance Biden wins ]

Fivethirtyeight says 73%. I like their number better just because it's bigger and kinda-sorta stat-based but even their 73% does not seem like a slam-dunk to me either.

I very much hope they are right, and the odds play out, but I am far less than certain myself.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

Re: Let's be honest about it. Running against Trump's record is

Aug 21, 2020, 3:01 PM

I’m not sure most people remember how completely shocked most of the country was when Trump won in 2016. Certainly not time to say he has no chance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2020, 3:07 PM

I agree wholeheartedly.

Trump will do whatever it takes to win. Hillary slept on him and tried to ride her comfy 3-5-point lead...and she's a retired private citizen now. Trump's never been able to break past 42% approval and that won't nearly get him elected...but Joe Biden could still mess it up, too, and you know there's going to be an acre of dirty tricks between now and election day.

Aug 21, 2020, 3:04 PM

Woof.

The sad fact is, the Republicans of the Lincoln Project are probably doing more damage to Trump than the Democrats themselves are.

These are outright kill shots, and there really is no arguing with any of their commercials.

Aug 21, 2020, 3:17 PM

Trump started on 3b and acts like he hit a homerun. He walked into a good situation. He then proceeded to tweet all day, golf, and watch tv, followed by a complete meltdown. Then used all that time to divide America and the world for that matter as much as possible. We haven't seen anything yet. He will do his best to destroy this country if he loses. All for his ego.

Aug 21, 2020, 3:38 PM

Very good points. The Dems need to win big.
Even so, he will ask for right-wing riots in the streets and do all he can to stay in the WH.

Aug 21, 2020, 3:43 PM

Yes those right winged riots are a big threat.... do you even hear yourself???

Aug 22, 2020, 12:52 PM

Yes those right winged riots are a big threat.... do you even hear yourself???

Umm, do you ever listen to yourself? Those 'riots' are under Trump's administration, not Biden's.

Other than COVID and race, biggies granted, the record is good.

Aug 21, 2020, 3:32 PM

Foreign policy because he does not give two sh*ts about the established order. Not afraid to drop bombs. Not afraid to wage peace (UAE & Israel).

Economy is still good despite a shut down. Stocks good. Taxes and regulation low.

Sorely lacking in statesmanship and leadership, but still better than the alternative.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Other than COVID and race, biggies granted, the record is good.

Aug 21, 2020, 3:49 PM

Stock mkt will fall off a cliff by October. There's no more that the Fed can do for him.

His peace plan for Israel was a joke; they never met with the opposition. Jared is an idiot, too.
Hope you are not drinking dirty water soon.

Taxes were really only significantly reduced for the extremely wealthy. Terrible for the economy. The effects were starting to happen b4 C-19.

While C-19 is not his fault, he is personally responsible for 30,000, or more, early deaths, because his followers never realized he was lying about the significance of the virus.

He will be walloped in the election.

Sad that the cultists were conned.

His base is strong. But he has likely lost swing voters.

Aug 21, 2020, 3:57 PM

Can’t see him winning without a Hail Mary.

Can’t bear to think too much on what a Dem-run future will look like.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2020, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Other than COVID and race, biggies granted, the record is good. ]

Stock mkt will fall off a cliff by October. There's no more that the Fed can do for him.

His peace plan for Israel was a joke; they never met with the opposition. Jared is an idiot, too.
Hope you are not drinking dirty water soon.

Taxes were really only significantly reduced for the extremely wealthy. Terrible for the economy. The effects were starting to happen b4 C-19.

While C-19 is not his fault, he is personally responsible for 30,000, or more, early deaths, because his followers never realized he was lying about the significance of the virus.

He will be walloped in the election.

Sad that the cultists were conned.

Did you just pull that 30k number out your ###?

Aug 21, 2020, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Other than COVID and race, biggies granted, the record is good. ]

Why do you think the economy is good? The stock market?

Why do you think his foreign policy is good?

Lower taxes, scrapping NAFTA, stock market up, QE for all,

Aug 21, 2020, 4:22 PM

and the stimulus stuff really did help small businesses.

Money has never been cheaper to borrow. Corporations are not afraid to make money now or to keep their money in the US.

Foreign policy? Where to start? How about when he drone bombed that Iranian phukker? Scared people that we were going to have WW3, but he allowed Iran to save face by throwing a few missiles toward our bases and that was that. Or how about dropping the MOAB? Or Isis? Haven't heard from them in a while have we?

And then there's the peace making with the UAE and Israel. Cooperation with Russia but also not afraid to bomb the sh*t out of their assets in Syria.

And overall done a decent job dealing with CHI-nah. Although if he gets re-elected and they can pin anything solid on them with COVID, there will be some serious repercussions.

That said, I still don't know if I can pull the lever for him in November. Just know I can't vote for Biden/Harris. Not with what I saw this week.

Aug 22, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Other than COVID and race, biggies granted, the record is good. ]

Foreign policy because he does not give two sh*ts about the established order. Not afraid to drop bombs. Not afraid to wage peace (UAE & Israel).

Economy is still good despite a shut down. Stocks good. Taxes and regulation low.

Sorely lacking in statesmanship and leadership, but still better than the alternative.

Lol, I love that term, "not afraid to wage peace". Very well put.

I think the China tariffs will hurt him. a.) he thought China paid them and b.) they are just a tax on the American consumer.

Aug 21, 2020, 3:48 PM

“Biden has a long history of lying - about himself, about his past and about events that never took place.

Democrats want the 2020 campaign to be a referendum on President Trump. Fine, but if this is to be a contest of characters, it is only appropriate that Joe Biden's history of fabrication and deceit - often intended to bolster his intellectual credentials - also be fair game.

Over the past year, Biden thundered that the Obama administration "didn't lock people up in cages." He also claimed that, "Immediately, the moment [the Iraq War] started, I came out against it." And... "I was always labeled one of the most liberal members of Congress." Politico's rating of all three assertions? False.

No one should be surprised. Lest we forget...

A video is making the rounds in which Biden boasts at a 1987 rally, "I went to law school on a full academic scholarship...[and] ended up in the top half of my class."

Biden also maintained that he "graduated with three degrees from undergraduate school" and was the "outstanding student in the political science department."

Not one of those claims was true, as newscasters at the time affirmed. In fact, Biden graduated 76th of 85 students in his law school class, had only a partial scholarship and did not win top honors in his undergraduate discipline.

Biden explained in his 2007 autobiography "Promises to Keep" that he had been angry at that rally since "it sounded to me that one of my own supporters doubted my intelligence." According to a 1987 Newsweek piece, a supporter had "politely" asked Biden what law school he attended and how well he had done.

Biden bristled, saying "I think I have a much higher IQ than you do," reeled off his fabricated accomplishments and concluded "I'd be delighted to sit down and compare my IQ to yours if you'd like, Frank."

The episode reminds us of Biden recently snapping "You're full of sh*t" at an auto worker who dared to challenge Biden's stance on guns; or calling an Iowa voter a "#### liar" for insinuating that Biden had helped his son gain access in Ukraine.

The Newsweek reporter wrote that Biden appears "hyper, glib and intellectually insecure," and says the 1987 encounter was critical to understanding why Biden's first run at higher office flopped. "The clip...reflects a view of Biden's character widely shared in the community. Reporters and political consultants long ago concluded that Biden's chief character flaw was his tendency to wing it. He seems to lack a crucial synapse between brain and tongue, the one that makes the do-I-really-want-to-say-this decision."

That commentary holds up well, as today more than ever Biden blunders into conversational crevasses, with no way out. (Think: "If they believe Tara Reade, they probably shouldn't vote for me." A new Harvard-Harris poll shows 55 percent of the country believes Tara Reade. Game. Set. Match.)

Biden's 1987 campaign foundered also because he was caught lifting passages of a speech given by Neil Kinnock. Biden echoed (falsely) the British Labor leader's history that he was the first "in a thousand generations" to graduate from college and repeated virtually verbatim the same story about his wife, just as Kinnock had.

More shocking, Biden claimed: "My ancestors...worked in the coal mines of Northeast Pennsylvania and would come up after 12 hours and play football for four hours,'' even though no one in Biden's family tree ever worked underground. That was Kinnock's family.

It wasn't the first time; Biden had also been caught plagiarizing during law school. He "borrowed" an entire five pages from a published law review article without attribution and had to beg not to be expelled.

Interestingly, just last summer complaints arose about Biden "borrowing" the work of others, in putting together his climate plan. As Vox reported, Biden's plan "contains a number of passages that seem to have been copied and pasted, at times with very superficial changes" from a variety of sources.

Biden supporters will dismiss these episodes as being in the distant past. But Biden's tendency to mislead did not expire in 1988. More recently, the former vice president has told audiences that after his stint in the White House, "I became a teacher. I became a professor." While it is true that he took a lofty salary to make a handful of speeches for the University of Pennsylvania, Biden has never taught students.

Then there was the inspiring tale of visiting Afghanistan to honor a heroic naval officer. Biden described the officer's actions in detail, adding, "This is God's truth, my word as a Biden." But according to a review in the Washington Post, no such incident occurred. Biden was lucky not to be hit by lightning.

There were also Biden's claims of having been arrested in the 1970s because he tried to visit Nelson Mandela in prison. Nope, didn't happen. He has also cast himself as a civil rights activist and co-sponsor of the Endangered Species Act; those things aren't true either.

Character does not change. Biden's winning smile and genial nature have granted him license to mislead. But as Biden denies alleged misdeeds related to General Flynn, to his son Hunter's involvement in Ukraine or to Tara Reade, his history of bending the truth is informative.

Democrats will counter that President Trump frequently exaggerates and embellishes, which is true. But we know Trump; he has been on the griddle for nearly four years, and been continually stripped and flayed by a hostile press.

Many of us are just getting to know Joe Biden. “

Point is, both lie.... and I want Trump’s economy.

You guys get one night of Biden reading well from a

Aug 21, 2020, 4:02 PM

Re: You guys get one night of Biden reading well from a

Aug 21, 2020, 4:11 PM

lol, nice

Aug 21, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to You guys get one night of Biden reading well from a ]

That is one more night than Trump has managed since he started running in 2015.

Aug 22, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to You guys get one night of Biden reading well from a ]

T3Tiger® said:

teleprompter and you're suddenly out in droves today beating your chest lol.

I would be beating my chest if the Dem candidate were Mr. Haney from Green Acres. (I have dated myself). I used to love it when he tried to sell a gallon of water as 'Tetrahydrahanium'.

Aug 21, 2020, 4:28 PM

Oh he has a chance. There is a group that will vote for him no matter what and another group that will vote for anything with an R for various reasons. I think he will lose but I would hardly be surprised if he won.

every time Felix says "let's be honest"

Aug 21, 2020, 6:14 PM

I hear the Snake in the Garden.

IF, if he loses you can thank a V Bug that brought down..

Aug 22, 2020, 1:04 PM

his Ace card (Great economy).. and people vote with their wallet brain.

George Bush #1 says hello & good-bye while Sex-boy Billy C says gollie-shucks, what luck!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 788
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic