Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU chant....gotta love some drunk Cajuns
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

LSU chant....gotta love some drunk Cajuns

Oct 14, 2018, 1:34 PM

Unbelievably crass and well orchestrated. Kind of like duke basketball without the intellect....College football is better when LSU is good....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that is when you're drunkenly thinking you are clever.

Oct 14, 2018, 1:51 PM

But you're just being really crass and rude.

Surprised the university hasn't put an end to that.

Not very "family environment".

Meanwhile our student section shouts ############'

Oct 14, 2018, 2:20 PM

during our fight song.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I assume your censored word was an f-bomb.

Oct 14, 2018, 3:19 PM

Sadly, f-bombs are a preferred adjective in every day conversation with the under 30 crowd these days.

Re: Yeah, that is when you're drunkenly thinking you are clever.

Oct 15, 2018, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Yeah, that is when you're drunkenly thinking you are clever. ]

ClemKWA said:

It's college football. Its not supposed to be a family environment, and never has been.

Remember, its "CLEMSON FAMILY", not "Clemson Family Friendly".

Let me remind you of the lyrics in Tiger Rag, the Cadence Count, the Rat Cheer, and many of the other Clemson traditions that started during our military days, days when is was very common to see a number of 4 letter words in college football chants. That hasn't changed and it shouldnt.

This southern baptist sunday school mentality some are starting to think Clemson is "all about" are incorrect. Clemson has always been a school with a trash talking fanbase ad always will be. Grated, Clemson culture has always felt a lot more sarcastic ad tongue-in-cheek as opposed to something like LSU's blatantly crass "SUCK THAT TIGER D*** B***!" chant from their song "Neck", but that doesnt change the fact that for 50+ years Clemson's spirit cheer was the "Rat Cheer", which is far more vulgar and only went away in the 1960's in favor of a less vulgar, but still profanity laden Cadence Count that we cheer today.

Nothing wrong with the trash talk and comical, Animal House-esque vulgarity that is common at college football. Its college, thats the point. If you want family friendly, go somewhere else.

Want to fill us in?***

Oct 14, 2018, 2:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

NSFW or anything: search for "LSU STTDB" ...

Oct 14, 2018, 2:02 PM

Use headphones or make sure wife or children are not around.

It's a song their band used to play called "Neck" and the

Oct 14, 2018, 2:08 PM

student section came up with a charming chant to go with it involving a part of the "tiger anatomy."

They did it for about 10 years and then the band was told to stop playing it. They brought it back yesterday and all the LSU fans love it 'cause they're LSU fans... EDIT: Apparently the band didn't actually play "Neck," the fans just did the "Neck" chant a different song.

It's something classy the Gamecock student section would do if they were clever and coordinated enough to come up with original lyrics and sing them in unison.

ANOTHER EDIT:

Here's a write-up about it for the uninitiated:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/11/17959592/alabama-lsu-neck-dixieland-delight-band

Message was edited by: acevans®

Message was edited by: acevans®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks!***

Oct 14, 2018, 2:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: It's a song their band used to play called "Neck" and the

Oct 15, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to It's a song their band used to play called "Neck" and the ]

Apparently you never heard Clemson's "Rat Cheer"

https://clemsonwiki.com/wiki/Rat_Cheer

Or the fact that today, the Clemson student section has a cheer for FSU that goes:

"F*** THE SEMINOLES, SEMINOLES F*** ANIMALS!" while they do the FSU chop with their middle fingers raised.

the LSU girls love it

Oct 14, 2018, 2:13 PM

such a classy bunch. Fairs and corn dogs.

Thats pretty embarrassing

Oct 14, 2018, 3:41 PM

Sadly they dont care...that's just who LSU is,

Lets be careful what we mount our high horse about...

Oct 14, 2018, 10:01 PM

I was in Memorial Stadium in November of 2003 when Tommy and the Tigers finally got one over on Bobby Bowden.

It was the most electric night of football I have to this day witnessed, and was magical on several levels.

That said, a few times throughout the game, especially after the halftime refueling and once it was apparent that we were going to emerge victorious, every time the Seminole band started the war chant, it was met with the entire stadium doing the tomahawk chop with one finger extended and chanting "BLEEEEEEEEEEEP THE SEMINOOOOOOOOOLES". This wasn't the student section, it was everyone from 16-95 years old. Watching our tapes of the game was a treat.

Meh. Just more people getting mad about things that don't need to be got mad about.

Re: Lets be careful what we mount our high horse about...

Oct 14, 2018, 10:34 PM

Everyone? The entire stadium? No, not even close. I too was in the stadium that memorable November night. I fell between the age of 16-95 as did everyone on my row of my 10 season tickets. I assure you no one in our area participated in the chant that you speak of. Yes, many did the backwards tomahawk chop but don't paint with such a broad brush. It does make me angry when we're compared to other truly obnoxious fan bases. We have our bad segments but just not true that it's the majority. And I speak as an expert, only missed 2 home games and attended over 200 away games in the last 50 years.

Oct 14, 2018, 10:37 PM

Not saying that we're an obnoxious fanbase nor that others aren't.

Just saying that it's yet something else that people are getting mad about that isn't worth getting mad about.

At the end of the day, who #### cares? If you thing LSU or Bama are stadiums full of obnoxious idiots (they might be), then just don't go see games there. Pretty simple stuff, really. Spend your emotional energy cheering on the Tigers rather than getting butthurt about what some 18 year olds do 400 miles away from you.

Oct 14, 2018, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Lets be careful what we mount our high horse about... ]

Also, I too have unlimited amounts of money and free time to attend football games 12 weeks out of the year for a few decades, so check out how big my manhood is!

Oct 15, 2018, 1:17 PM

Ok good. Btw, I am a lady and have no interest in your manhood.

Re: LSU chant....gotta love some drunk Cajuns

Oct 15, 2018, 2:56 AM

Gotta say that ol' coonass Orgeron has a smokin' wife...

Oct 15, 2018, 3:19 AM

Funny stuff, I think.

Oct 15, 2018, 9:05 AM

I'm in that camp that thinks the song is hilarious. No one can be shielded totally from crass language their whole lives whether it's 1958 or 2018.

Football is a violent game, rivalries are bitter. And when you have a chant like that, it just pours salt in the wound.

I get why people don't like it, and maybe I'd change if I had a young child, but I can see the fun in it.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic