Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's Never Be Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Let's Never Be Bama

Jan 11, 2017, 10:44 PM

I was born in 1981 and grew up in the shadows of Death Valley just across the lake. I was alive for our first championship, but wasn't old enough to really experience what it felt like to win. I attended Clemson for 2 yrs. ('00 - '01) before transferring out for a major that wasn't offered. I've been following the conversations on this board for awhile now, but am usually content with keeping my thoughts to myself.
However, tonight I had a reflection as I was rewatching the GAME. I never want us to be like Bama!
I don't want to ever get used to this. I never want our fan base to feel as if we are entitled to greatness because of our pedigree and past accomplishments. I never want us to lose our edge. That's what makes Clemson great! Greatness is earned and our 2016 Tigers fought and clawed for every drop of greatness and no one can ever take that away. They epitomize the statement, "Best is the Standard". They are the standard now!
I love Dabo and the way he makes it about so much more. He instills these values that are far beyond a football game. It's never business as usual. Truly, the fun is in the winning, but the winning is uncommon. It is to be respected, celebrated and cherished. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's Never Be Bama

Jan 12, 2017, 1:33 PM

So you don't think Alabama earned their titles? It was just giving to them? So now we won one and should just go back to being average for thirty plus more years? OK....

Re: Let's Never Be Bama

Jan 12, 2017, 1:38 PM

I lived in Bama for 10 years, and believe me when I tell you, it would take our fans 30+ years to become anything like Bama fans. If you think USUC hates us, you haven't seen/heard an Auburn fan or LSU fan discuss Bama. They don't even pretend to be nice to each other. The hate runs deep. No - we don't want to become like Bama fans. It just ain't the CLEMSON way.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic