Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Spurrier really....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 5,248

Did Spurrier really....

Aug 24, 2014, 10:01 PM

have them put up a huge banner of him at the cockroach? What an ego. I have no problem with promoting players or, God forbid, a SCHOOL.....but a coach....whose accomplishments were earned elsewhere? Surely a statue can't be far behind. I'm in awe of this egregious display of rank amateurism....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The greatest accomplishment in SC football history

Aug 24, 2014, 10:03 PM

Is their streak against us. What a d*mn compliment!

Re: The greatest accomplishment in SC football history

Aug 24, 2014, 10:06 PM

Yeah , this 5 game win streak is the single greates thing that has ever happened to that school's football program.
Sorry George Rogers .
Sorry ....uhhhh....well....ummmm...sorry again George .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Statue of a swollen penus with his face on it probably***

Aug 24, 2014, 10:14 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, It states "South Carolina's Winningest Coach"

Aug 24, 2014, 10:46 PM

Kinda like saying you're the tallest midget, don't you think? I guess they have to hang something up.........now wait for it, ..........wait for it......here it comes.............something to do with the # 5............ They can't stand it..........

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: I was wondering

Aug 24, 2014, 10:54 PM

when that large banner was going to get some attention. I can only image some photo-shoped masterpieces will show up soon.

Re: I was wondering

Aug 24, 2014, 11:22 PM

No doubt someone will make up one w/ SOS drinking a beer w/ his moobs on display. I'm still trying to wrap my head around them putting up a banner w/ him on it. Question: why?

Let them!!!

Aug 24, 2014, 10:53 PM

Let them hang his picture..... we will continue to hang championship banners! Screw the chickens!

Re: Let them!!!

Aug 26, 2014, 9:04 AM

?

Re: Let them!!!

Aug 26, 2014, 9:43 AM

Hey look another pathetic #### fan who is too ashamed of his school to have a real screen name.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The picture of SOS is bigger than any reference to the

Aug 25, 2014, 9:21 AM

school on the entire stadium exterior. It really is more about him than the school and the players.

Re: The picture of SOS is bigger than any reference to the

Aug 25, 2014, 6:50 PM

My point precisely, '93. Maybe one of the house coots can explain this to us. What kind of a school pays this kind of homage to a coach who's never even won a championship? It seems to be an unhealthy mixture of hero worship and a pitiful school looking for anything to distract from the fact that they are an historically bad program. Surely a statue can't be far behind....

At our church, we call it " pastor worship "" ....

Aug 25, 2014, 9:13 PM [ in reply to The picture of SOS is bigger than any reference to the ]

lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Next they'll be wearing red arm bands with chickens on them

Aug 25, 2014, 9:03 PM

and goose stepping into the "coliseum,"

Re: Next they'll be wearing red arm bands with chickens on them

Aug 25, 2014, 9:10 PM

Tanner chose it. Deserving tbh. Guy changed the culture and fortunes of SC FB.

Soon it will be called Steve Spurrier Stadium***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:35 PM

Re: Soon it will be called Steve Spurrier Stadium***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:37 PM

Spurrier Field at Williams-Brice Stadium

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 26, 2014, 9:08 AM

That's crazy. How could any school name their field after a coach?

usually those coaches are legends for that school's history & wins championships...

Aug 26, 2014, 9:41 AM

Not just legends in their own mind! Lol

How many has Spurted won for the shameclucks?
- 0 - (ok...1 crappy divisional)

Did he get them their best W:L record in history & beat the arch-rival for the first streak of any significance ever since the founding of the team? Yes

Is it banner-worthy in that "magnificense" in tribute to the coach only, with no credit given to the players or institution...?
No

But y'all love it, because you're coots, & you aren't expected to understand real tradition, pride, or humility...much less understanding of what makes this USuCk "sacrilege" so funny & really demeaning to your fan base & school.
??

I guess y'all have accepted reaching your coot pinnacle!!! LOL

GO TIGERS!

Aug 26, 2014, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Soon it will be called Steve Spurrier Stadium*** ]

Cokcee....is it even in the realm of possibility that there is another CFB fan base in America (besides y'all) that would celebrate a living coach who has done absolutely nothing other than beat his in-state rival getting such an honor? Would Bama do this? LSU? Michigan? USC? UT? Nope.....only losers with no tradition celebrate mediocrity. Enjoy your banner....we'll win our conf and have a shot in the playoffs.

Aug 25, 2014, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Soon it will be called Steve Spurrier Stadium*** ]

LOL @ " changed the culture of SCar football " .
Now that is a good one. Fortunes , recent luck yes ...but that culture is set in stone. You have had some luck and some talented players have jumped aboard while Spurrts as been there , but when he departs that little anomaly will end and the Chicken curse will return.
Its not your fault though , you are in the same small state with a university that has a winning culture and tradition and you chose to join a conference that has slapped you around for 17 of the 20 or so years you've participated. The UF and UT drop off is almost over ...and so is your luck.
Poor Delusional Coots .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

In Spurrierlumbia, Spurrier Carolina if the Coots have their

Aug 26, 2014, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Soon it will be called Steve Spurrier Stadium*** ]

wish.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 5,248
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic