Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me tell you who LSU is...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Jan 6, 2020, 1:43 AM

2010 Auburn in Louisiana.

LSU is a consistently talented but underperforming program. They are stuck in a division with a historically good power and despite giving them a few hard fought battles and managed to win a few. They’ve also not managed to be really good in over a decade.

So... why Auburn? In 2010, a chronically also ran Auburn team lucked out and landed a one year wonder of a transfer who put a team on his back. Think about that... Auburn won it all in 2010! What did it do for them? Apparently not much. They’ve had some one other great season with the Seniors who signed the year they won the Natty, decent years and a couple of really bad years since then. Newton brought them one year of real relevance, but they remained who they were all along. A second tier power.

LSU will too. Burrow is gone after Monday and since when has LSU been a QB factory?

Now... some of you may not like this comparison, because after all, Auburn won!

They were also playing Oregon. Clemson isn’t Oregon.

I think this game is as close to a pick em as I’ve ever seen. I do think LSUs offense is on a tear like I’ve never seen. So was Alabama’s during last season.

Let LSU talk trash... they always have. (Remember... ol’ Tide has SEC bona fides. I’m used to ‘em). They may win this year and sign a hell of a class off of the hype, but they don’t have the culture to sustain the success we have built. We won’t be undefeated forever. The math will catch up to us and no matter when that happens, we will be pissed.

No matter who wins, Clemson is built for the long run. Like Dabo says... we just want to have a chance every year.

Let’s be Clemson. Let LSU be whatever that mess is.

Tigertide

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a bitter and angry man.

Re: Let me tell you who LSU is...

Jan 6, 2020, 1:48 AM

LSU is tied for 6th most wins in college football in last 10 years despite playing in sec West... so yeah, Auburn isn’t a good comparison.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 7:20 AM

Pretty spot-on comparison, actually. LSU=Auburn

The SEC west where the ONLY competition is Bama.

Jan 6, 2020, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Let me tell you who LSU is... ]

The rest of that league = ACC Coastal. So stop with the BS. Awbarn is on and off.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

You're right, it's a bad comparison because

Jan 6, 2020, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Let me tell you who LSU is... ]

Auburn has accomplished more than LSU has since the beginning of 2010.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: You're right, it's a bad comparison because

Jan 6, 2020, 10:53 AM

AU also gifted LSU the W this year.

Jan 6, 2020, 1:59 AM

LSU is a good team who had a spectacular year. They are also our opponents in the Championship game. They have a shot at dethroning us, although I think we will come out on top. They are also very very confident that Clemson isn’t a threat and I’m not so sure that’s an asset.

I have a question. Does anyone know how often Burrow played into the 3rd and 4th quarters? After seeing him take a snap in the 4th against OU, I can’t help but wonder if this is common. If so, that really skews his stats compared to other QBs. I tried to find this info but had no luck.

they were up 41-7 against A&M in the 4th quarter and Burro

Jan 6, 2020, 2:12 AM

was still playing. 37-10 over uga and burro never came out. lsu is all about style points. We will be dialed in...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 2:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Let me tell you who LSU is... ]

I also tried to find information regarding how many quarters per game Burrow averaged. I am under the assumption he played much longer than TL in order to build his stats and reach the 5,000 mark. This appears to be all about a statement to be made for LSU. Plus LSU offense is comprised of a lot of short dump offs/ slants to keep the linebackers honest and away from rushing the line. The scheme has been successful and at the same time increased his QB rating to what almost 200?

Jan 6, 2020, 2:00 AM

And we should have beaten Auburn that year, at Auburn, even with Cam. But they speared Kyle Parker and cracked his ribs. Even so he played on and barely overthrew what would have been the winning touchdown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I remember the play very well.

Jan 6, 2020, 8:58 AM

hurt him bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Let me tell you who LSU is... ]

Yes we had them down 19-3 at halftime. Yes they cracked Parker's ribs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 2:12 AM

Yeah... I'm going to disagree. Recruiting is rolling and Coach O is not gene chizik. Lsu is more storied, has a roster that is still loaded up and down. If LSU keeps Brady and manages to hold onto Aranda for another year they will be fine. How good they will be will depend on how good the incoming QB is, but as we've seen here, the right freshman can get it done.

LSU has been on the rise since coach O was hired, mirroring Dabo at Clemson in a lot of ways. It's hard to see from the outside, but as a clemson grad who also happens to be an lsu alum, it's been more than clear to me how eeriely similar O's first couple years were, the difference being clemson beat fsu one year and lsu didn't beat bama until now.

LSU is going to be around the top 10 for years to come, if they make it back to the playoffs will depends on how the schedule lines up and how good bama is.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 6:32 AM

They are our opponent next Monday night, and they can win that game despite your take, and which I make me feel a whole lot better about Dabo being our head coach , and not you.
It's not LSU that scares me, its people like you on this site that always seems to downplay the opponent that scares me.

Jan 6, 2020, 6:51 AM

He said it was a pick 'em game, and that they were on an offensive tear like he had never seen. Did you read the post? I am not sure where you get the idea that he is downplaying the opponent. I tend to agree that LSU could be around for a while but I think they need to keep their coordinators which I am not sure that they can do. I like Orgeron and how he has built their club but I certainly am not going to crown him the next Dabo yet.

Jan 6, 2020, 7:08 AM

I think he said "as close" to a pick'em. I took it a different way.

Jan 6, 2020, 7:28 AM

I understand. One of the disadvantages to a written message is that you cannot get a true feel of someone's opinion. Personally, I didn't get the feel that he was trying to downplay the 2019 team but that he had the opinion that they would be a one hit wonder. Not sure he is right, but considering Burrow is gone, i understand that opinion. I they can keep Brady then I think they take a year or 2 off and we see them again, but that is a big if.

38-22 Clemson***

Jan 6, 2020, 6:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 8:41 AM

Go C L E M S O N! WIN the next game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 9:27 AM

Well said TigerTide. Keep the long view and trust our captain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Kyle Parker was one easy throw from beating Auburn

Jan 6, 2020, 9:34 AM

that year. I'm pretty sure his shoulder was hurt so not a dig on him but that game and Auburn team always stuck in my craw.

Like some of the other replies, I think LSU has better coaching and recruiting than that Auburn team but agree they're not a QB factory.

I believe it was his ribs...

Jan 6, 2020, 10:46 AM

Auburn defender lead with the helmet and speared him in the back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 6, 2020, 9:41 AM

I really don't care how well or poorly LSU has done in the last ten years. Nor do I care what their future looks like. They could drive off of a cliff next year for all I care.

THIS years Natty is about THIS year's teams. LSU has been an offensive juggernaut. They are putting up huge numbers and they have played some really good teams in doing it. They are having a great year and there is no sense in denying it.

On Monday night, that offense will face the Clemson Tigers defense. That defense will NOT stop LSU. But it will slow them down. It will make them grind down the field and earn every yard. And when LSU gets to the red zone, that defense will tighten down the screws some more. They will be smarter, tougher, and more resilient than any defense that they have faced so far.

And that will be the difference. Simply put, our #1 defense will slow down that juggernaut more than the LSU defense can slow down our own offensive machine. There will be big plays and blown assignments. There will be some new things that no one has seen yet. There will be incredible athletes and maximum effort.

But when the dust settles and the confetti falls - it will be orange and purple.
And we will bring home our 4th Natty !

Jan 6, 2020, 10:58 AM

Auburn actually won a Natty in the last ten years.....

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic