Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Try again...hey celtic and other beer guise
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 435

Try again...hey celtic and other beer guise

Jul 11, 2018, 5:32 PM

What’s the best brewery in Raleigh area?

Earlier this afternoon, it musta been “Let’s be a D!ck” hour.....

Just keeding ??!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I asked a few weeks back and never got a straight answer

Jul 11, 2018, 5:36 PM

either.

Must not be any.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Some of us work! ;) ******

Jul 11, 2018, 5:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some of us don't,but i quit drinking before all the fancy

Jul 11, 2018, 6:38 PM

stuff came out

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's never too late.***

Jul 11, 2018, 6:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Try again...hey celtic and other beer guise

Jul 11, 2018, 5:38 PM

https://www.facebook.com/BarrelCulture/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When up there many times in the past for games............

Jul 11, 2018, 5:39 PM

we always went to the below. The one in Durham across the street from the Durham Bulls park is the best location.

https://www.tylerstaproom.com/

Also bargated at this place a few times and everyone enjoyed.

https://villagedrafthouse.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh if you hit Tyler's go to the Speakeasy side. ******

Jul 11, 2018, 5:42 PM

I got 2 Italians from our HQ in tow

Jul 11, 2018, 6:32 PM [ in reply to When up there many times in the past for games............ ]

Gonna show em the Brew Life!

One is very cute ;)

Ooohhhh. What’s his name?***

Jul 11, 2018, 6:53 PM

I knew someone was going to go there............

Jul 11, 2018, 6:59 PM

Castrato maybe? ;)

I haven’t been to Rollie in a long time...

Jul 11, 2018, 6:45 PM

But if I went today, I’d definitely visit Lone Rider. I want to try their DIPA. I’m a fan of Sweet Josie Brown.
https://loneriderbeer.com
Red Oak is on the way. It’s a pioneer...and a decent beer...and a pleasant change of pace from the current IPA, sour, gose, etc. trends.
http://www.redoakbrewery.com
There’s plenty of beer there. Now if it’s good...that’s up to the drinker:
http://www.brewscruise.com/raleigh/top-20-breweries-raleigh-nc/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LAWD we need to take a road trip to Tyler's. ******

Jul 11, 2018, 6:46 PM

Re: Let me provide some help....

Jul 11, 2018, 8:35 PM

sonof is a production and collab brewer at Raleigh Brewing, great location and the small batches are pretty tasty. The rest are good not great. They are very successful because of location and in spite of no beer knowledge in the ownership.

I've heard great things about Lynnwood, not visted yet.

sonof was a production brewer at Big Boss previously and they have a pretty decent lineup,
however be aware they've dropped production by about 25% in the last 2 years. Not sure if
that's an indication quality is down or just bad sales/marketing.

If you want snooty specialties, try Bond Brothers in Cary. There may be a line.

Bombshell in Holly Springs is OK, I know the head brewer there and future daughter-in-law bartends there some - no pics(you'd never finish reading if I did).

Trophy has a couple of locations and they are pretty good.

LoneRider is good, they are ex-Cisco guys and used to win our campus home brew contest regularly until they decided to start their own business.

Deep River is in Clayton, wifeof the owner is a CU grad. Beer is decent

Crank Arm is decent.

White Street in Wake Forest is good, great Kolsch

There's too many around here for me to keep up with anymore unless I have some family member or
future family member working there :)

Where were you 3 weeks ago?

Jul 11, 2018, 9:14 PM

We wound up with a 6 of torpedo in the hotel room.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Where were you 3 weeks ago?

Jul 11, 2018, 10:02 PM

Ouch, sorry. Raleigh and the triangle area has a great craft brew presence.
For future reference, my recommendation is don't depend on the lunge for
direction. I know we don't like to admit it, but there are other places
to get reviews and recommendations.

However, if you want to meet for a beer in the Raleigh area then meet me at Deep River, RBC,
Bombshell or State of Beer and I'll buy, or more than likely it will be free :)

I can’t answer, however

Jul 11, 2018, 8:51 PM

If you see some Boojum Hop Fiend, skip it.

Re: Try again...hey celtic and other beer guise

Jul 27, 2018, 5:10 PM

Sorry my friend I hate I missed this and others requesting this information. In fact I wasn't made aware of this post until I was just logging in and saw CSCOkidSCOkid avatar and thought to myself, "hey that looks like the Raleigh brewing logo" and found this post when I clicked on his name. He was pretty spot on in his assessments but I personally wouldn't call Bond Brothers "snooty specialties" in fact their current draft list has a Mexican and light lager, a couple IPA's and a brown ale. As he said they are usually very busy on the weekends and there may be a line. I would actually say Brewery Bhavana in downtown Raleigh makes what you could classify as "snooty specialties" but I happen to like some of said beers and it is definitely a unique space (award winning in fact). For best draft list inside the beltway in Raleigh I would saw Ridgewood Beer and Wine but don't go looking to make small talk with the bartenders is my only suggestion about them lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 435
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic