Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let band Play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Let band Play

Aug 4, 2019, 8:57 AM

And fire that DJ and his bad noise.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let band Play

Aug 4, 2019, 9:04 AM

DJ has no idea of what real music sounds like. He actually THINKS that stuff he plays is music rather than the garbage it is. Thanks for the support buddy.

Get off my lawn***

Aug 4, 2019, 1:37 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

What wold you recommend?

Aug 4, 2019, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Let band Play ]

“Sandstorm?”

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2019, 9:09 AM

Can anyone enlighten me as to why the playing of "Orange Empire" was discontinued during pre-game activities? Copyright violation - or just making time for the DJ's noise? "OE" was perfect and it got the crowd pumped up too!! I'd love to see it brought back, but I suppose the "power's that be" feel obligated to play "music" that will appeal to the recruits/young folks.

Can anyone advise me how to implement a petition to bring back Orange Empire?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2019, 4:46 PM

I hope this is sarcasm...that Orange Empire song blows.

Music isn’t for us old-timers. It’s for recruiting***

Aug 4, 2019, 10:19 AM

Re: Music isn’t for us old-timers. It’s for recruiting***

Aug 4, 2019, 11:34 AM

^^^this guy gets it

If having a Polka band resulted in even one more 5 star coming to play at Clemson I would be all for it. Watching our entire student section (and defense) “Swag Surfin” during a time out was awesome. This DJ gets the crowd hype and the players and recruits love it. That should be the most important thing.

https://youtu.be/TFJSrKylC2U

Aug 4, 2019, 12:50 PM

IDIOTS.

Shut up Boomer***

Aug 4, 2019, 1:05 PM

Shut up Boomer***

Aug 4, 2019, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Music isn’t for us old-timers. It’s for recruiting*** ]

Aug 4, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Music isn’t for us old-timers. It’s for recruiting*** ]

Plus, it's a COLLEGE football game, so god forbid they play something a current student may enjoy.

But people have been whining on Tigernet about the music at games since at least 2002 so it doesn't surprise me.

GO TIGERS

It will stop when the artist catch on and want a cut of the

Aug 4, 2019, 11:25 AM

big football tv money contracts when these songs are played at these stadiums and aired over TV. I'm surprised they haven't already as I have heard other tv programs say they have to pay for the rights to use songs.

Re: It will stop when the artist catch on and want a cut of the

Aug 4, 2019, 4:50 PM

They get a license so they can play anything in the ASCAP and BMI libraries without additional fees or having to contact/pay individual artists

Aug 4, 2019, 1:43 PM

I've never, ever needed any music to get me hyped for a CLEMSON football game. I don't even understand why anyone would bother to complain about it, and I'm old as dirt. The Star Spangled Banner pretty much does it for me.

Aug 4, 2019, 2:04 PM

They really should stop the dj when the band marches down the hill, around the stadium.

I don't understand why ESPN doesn't have better band sound

Aug 4, 2019, 1:44 PM

on some of its games. IF its a matter of placing a microphone for tv then do it.

Example:
1. Last years Tex AM game. Once we won, I was really looking forward to watching the replay of that game with all the atmosphere of Aggie land and their great fight song. I've watched it a couple of times and all I hear is the Tiger pep band that made the trip. Maybe once did I even hear the Aggie band.
2. The Cotton Bowl: When you beat Notre Dame, it is always fun to hear that famous ND fight song. I have watched the Cotton Bowl a couple of times and not once did I hear the ND fight song. THe only time I even heard the Notre Dame Band was after the coaches shook hands at midfield. At that point, I could barely hear them.

Just don't get it. Some of ESPN's games can be very sterile sounding. The opposite used to be the case when they were first making a name for themselves.

The national championship game I could hear both bands clearly, but before the game they covered up a lot of pageantry with their same talking heads that had run out of new points to talk about.

I don't mind Clemson's DJ. He seems to add to the atmosphere instead of taking away. I still hear our band a lot on our home games.

yea go washington post

Aug 4, 2019, 6:49 PM

not

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yea go washington post

Aug 4, 2019, 7:01 PM

Tiger Band hasn’t played The Washington Post since 2002. Thanks for noticing.

we're trying to bring it back***

Aug 4, 2019, 7:30 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic