Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let Us Choose Our Words Carefully
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Let Us Choose Our Words Carefully

Sep 25, 2018, 8:49 PM

KB is experiencing a situation that many of us have faced sometime during our life. We are the Clemson Family and he needs our support. We sometimes forget that mere words can be just as fatal as a dagger and there have been several daggers thrown at KB. Let us emphasize his contributions to Clemson, both as a member of our football team and as an ambassador for Clemson University. There are many QBs on Power 5 Conference teams who envy his 16 - 2 win/loss record as our starting QB. Let us choose words expressing our appreciation for his contributions in the past and look forward to his being a vital part of our program in the future. A kind word in a situation such as this can quite often be the best medicine one could prescribe.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let Us Choose Our Words Carefully

Sep 25, 2018, 8:51 PM

Well said, Mr. Joe!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A kind word fitly spoken is like

Sep 25, 2018, 8:57 PM

apples of gold in pictures of silver.

KB is probably reading all these posts- Good and bad.

Notice this- Solomon, a man full of wisdom, tells us that a kind word, spoken at the right time, is worth millions to someone. Apples (plural) of gold in pictures (plural) of silver.

Kelly Bryant- love you man! Keep digging!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh oh! My word is "eucatastrophe"!

Sep 25, 2018, 8:58 PM

eucatastrophe - A happy ending to a story

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 8:58 PM

Amen. KB2 is a great young man. I know he will be right where he belongs. In Death Valley come Saturday!

Go TIGERS!
#ALLIN
#WE2DEEP

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 9:02 PM

He is really 16-1. You can't count a loss against him in which we lost the game because he got knocked out.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:41 PM

I always said the same about Watson where he was credited for losing the start against GT when he tore his ACL. He left that game up 3-0 in the 1st quarter while driving to add another score.

sage advice

Sep 25, 2018, 9:03 PM

True fans appreciate ALL the players, no matter what happens. Either we have a lot of bad fans on TigerNet, or we are being subverted by Russian psyops holed up in Columbia. Russian Coots, can you imagine?

Better Idea: Don't post your opionions about KB on TNET

Sep 25, 2018, 9:04 PM

It shows a lack of self-control when fans act like drama-queens about the life of a college-kid.

Leave it be, none of your opinions matter. All you can do by posting about it on TNET (or any social media outlet) is hurt KB.

Your/our opinions don't matter with regards to what KB is going through. He's a high-character person and he'll handle it with class.

If we want to help KB why don't we try by not posting about KB until after the next game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In respone to me

Sep 26, 2018, 5:19 PM

So clearly KB had other plans if he wasn't the starter. In retrospect that makes him a "situational teamate". I hate it, but that's the truth.

He was a great player, kid, and Tiger. I'm disssapointed he pulled the plug on his career at Clemson.

Leaving the way he did makes him look like a quitter. TL might get injured next week for all we know. What about the rest of the team, what happens "his boys" so to speak, then?

I get that KB wants to start, but he'll have to beat soembody else out next season and chances are if he does he still won't get drafted. The NFL is a loooooooooooong shot, actually its a fantasy.

I don't think he ever expected to lose the starting job. I just hope that he's leaving because he believes he has a better chance of making it to the NFL somewhere else. If he doesn't, then he probably just made an emotional decision and a big mistake.

Ame.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:08 PM

A breathe of common sense.

So true. I feel confident that Kelly will evaluate all of

Sep 25, 2018, 9:18 PM

his options, consult with his coaches, family, friends, and teammates, and make the decision that he feels is best. Regardless, he's a great Clemson man!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 9:20 PM

Couldn’t have said it better. Great post Joe.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!

Sep 25, 2018, 9:20 PM

Kelly needs our support and encouragement now more than he ever did when he was the starter. Let's rally around him and support him in whatever decision he feels is best for his future.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: Amen!

Sep 25, 2018, 9:21 PM

Love this . Well said .

Sep 25, 2018, 9:22 PM

Awesome post Joe. I have nothing but appreciation and thanks for all KB has done.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 9:33 PM

Well said Joe21! I support KB, as I do all Tigers, 100%.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:39 PM

Quit babying him. No other player that gets moved to 2nd string gets to take days off. This is not good fo the TEAM! Did Feaster and Choice take days off. NO!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 1:08 PM

It seems he got the day off because he was talking about transferring to Dabo and Dabo told him to take off practice to give him more time to make sure that is what he wanted to do. NOT to go have a good cry.

Kelly Bryant basically, was going to quit if he was not the starter, and Dabo wanted him to think about it

Sep 25, 2018, 9:47 PM

Excellent post. Whether we choose to believe it or not, these young men listen to the negativity on the radio and read it here on Tigernet. We all as human beings have a basic need to feel appreciated.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:59 PM

Joe21® Well said! The folks not choosing their words carefully "are not all in" with what Coach Swinney has built the football program on. Including but not limited to: family, commitment, transparency, honesty, etc. You know if you come to Clemson you are going to have to work your butt off to get and keep a starting job. B/C as in this case, new talent is hitting campus each year! It keeps everyone hungry and wanting to prove themselves. Well KB won games which according to the analyst who fall in love with certain NFL QB's no matter how bad they play; "it matters if you win or not"! Well 16-2 as a starter is something 90% or better of college football programs would die for in a starting QB. He got outplayed and I believe TL should be the starter! But, some of the comments are out of hand.

You don't have to like him; but why throw dirt on him is my thing? Just go non-chalantly about your business and see what happens. All of us here wants what's best for Clemson and the young men/women involved in the program! We should support them even when they going through a tough time; even if they aggravate us! That's what family does.

The folks getting really ugly would turn on TL too if "they thought something newer or shinier" would give them more bragging rights at the water cooler, LOL! IDGI - why kick him when he is down? He hurting ( ego ) enough; just keep the ugly comments to yourself!

^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

Sep 26, 2018, 12:06 AM

nm

POTD***

Sep 25, 2018, 10:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sep 25, 2018, 10:50 PM

Very true. Constructive criticism can be very useful, but the outright attacks on ANY CLEMSON FAMILY MEMBER should be very closely scrutinized by the mods of Tnet.

The mods should be ashamed of themselves for allowing some of these nasty personal stabs at Kelly Bryant.

I don’t advocate slander, but he got demoted not cut.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:58 AM

For crying out loud. KB did everything he could for his team and us. I respect that. I’m forever grateful to him. If I met him in person I’d tell him thank you and nothing more.

But I don’t believe in coddling the young man either. He’s got to face this like a man, head up, shoulders square.

Sep 26, 2018, 5:45 AM

Well said sir!

KB was MVP of the ACC Championship game, tied single game records, and IS a true leader for our Tigers!

Not every conversation in life is enjoyable, but that doesn't mean our support, faith, and love is any different. Rather it simply makes one stronger!

God Bless KB and our Tigers... we love ya KB2!

Joe you and dug and several more are so

Sep 26, 2018, 7:03 AM

great at putting what I'm thinking at times into words. You are precisely correct.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

??????***

Sep 26, 2018, 8:06 AM

I agree, and get where KB may be emotional

Sep 26, 2018, 10:07 AM

I love the guy, and respect him for what he has overcome in his personal life and what he's done for our program.

The decision on who is the starter is strictly business, and he's going to have to figure out how to process that if it is upsetting to him. As was stated by Joe21 we've all been through something like this, and it's just messy to deal with on an emotional level...no other way to put it.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:41 PM

As usual, words of wisdom, Joe. I only wish you could have gotten that message across to Kelly before he took cheap shots at the staff. I fear that he will learn a big truth in life: you can't "unspeak" words...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 1:33 PM

Bulllcrappa. . . . he is a product of the generations being nurtured now. You got what you wanted, when you treat the kids they way they are treated today.

Sep 26, 2018, 4:28 PM

He has my support, but not a 100% bc I will never support the slap in the face comment. Even when hurt and angry, we still must chose our words carefully in front of the media, even as a young adult. And as a Clemson graduate, he is an adult, and it was his choice to walk away without a fight....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 4:42 PM

Well said

I hope he comes back

but I will always cherish what he did for our program

GO KELLYB

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 5:31 PM

I can remember being Kelly's age and how I reacted to obstacles in life. I had trouble controlling my temper and often said things I wish I could take back now. The comments he made are far nicer than some things I said.

But that doesn't excuse it, in my opinion. It's not a slap in the face to be demoted when you've been outplayed. Football is about the team, not the individual, and Dabo made that clear on his first day as head coach. That's what "All In" is supposed to mean - everyone working for the same goals: win the division, win the conference, win the bowl game, and win the National Championship. If you get demoted, work harder to earn that spot back. Cutting and running when you don't get your way means you were never "All In."

I won't badmouth Kelly. He's a fine young man and a talented football player, and I hope he does well wherever he ends up (unless it's SCU or Mizzou, lol). He just has some lessons to learn moving forward, like every college kid.

Sep 26, 2018, 5:35 PM

Good point, joe.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic