Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Les Miles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Les Miles

Sep 15, 2020, 9:18 AM

is now 0-2 vs. Coastal Carolina.

At some point, does that negate winning a National Championship?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Les Miles

Sep 15, 2020, 9:21 AM

Les is fine. He took the Kansas job primarily for the fantastic deer hunting opportunities, much like Spurrier took the U of Suck job for the Augusta National membership. He is ok with voiding the Natty trophy.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 9:35 AM

He wants to coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 9:49 AM

He can't turn Kansas into a winning program because there is no grass to eat on their turf field.

He is holding steady with being terrible until Kansas agrees to fix the problem.

Les is definitely not more............

Sep 15, 2020, 9:51 AM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they don't try to fix it with Venables

Sep 15, 2020, 9:55 AM

I pray BV stays with us for a long time

BV is a K St alumn and may have considered leaving for

Sep 15, 2020, 9:58 AM

that job if they had asked but I can't imagine he'd ever leave for Kansas.

If and when he leaves, it's going to be for a blue blood program IMO.

Re: BV is a K St alumn and may have considered leaving for

Sep 15, 2020, 10:09 AM

acevans® said:

that job if they had asked but I can't imagine he'd ever leave for Kansas.

If and when he leaves, it's going to be for a blue blood program IMO.

Personally, I think BV becoming a HC is probably not going to be a thing unless the right situation arises...and EVEN THEN IDK if he actually leaves to become a HC.

Like Bud Foster at VA Tech, I think BV is going to go a similar route.

Clearly he has had the hot name for almost 5 years and not once have we actually heard of him interviewing (or at least not that I can publically remember).

Unlike the Chad days, he was interviewing left and right so it was apparent he wanted to be a HC but BV is just a different cut.

Happy to keep BV as long as we can and if he jumps, like Jeff Scott and other notable coordinators who have moved on, would love to keep up with him.

Re: BV is a K St alumn and may have considered leaving for

Sep 15, 2020, 3:33 PM [ in reply to BV is a K St alumn and may have considered leaving for ]

I would prefer he hangs around until Dabo becomes AD and he can slide into a Blue Blood Program...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 10:07 AM

This early in a coaching tenure you can only play the talent you've been given.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 10:14 AM

This was what I was going to say.

You can have a good HC and just not have the talent to do big things, especially early on.

Still, The Mad Hatter has some work cut out for him to get Kansas to be a respectable program.

Would love to see it happen like Mangino did all those years ago just for the parity and to watch OU & Texas lose their minds over the Jayhawks winning a B12 title (that would be HILARIOUS)

I always thought Miles was more lucky than good at LSU.

Sep 15, 2020, 11:20 AM

He had a lot of good bounces at LSU. Remember the last-second TD to beat Auburn in '07 when he called a bonkers TD pass when they were in FG range and an incomplete pass could've run out the clock?

Also remember all the stuff it took for them to actually get to the Natty in 2007?

- They lost to Ark the last week of the regular season as the #1 team, dropped to #7 in the 2nd-to-last BCS poll
- Then #1 Mizzou was upset in the Big 12 CG, #2 WVU lost to unranked Pitt at home (who does that?!)
- And they leapfrogged UGA and Kansas who lost their divisions, and VT who won the ACCCG, simply by beating #14 Tennessee

He's still the only coach ever to win a consensus Title with 2 losses.

I think his stint at KS is kind of confirming he's a good but not great coach.

Re: I always thought Miles was more lucky than good at LSU.

Sep 15, 2020, 3:14 PM

acevans® said:

He had a lot of good bounces at LSU. Remember the last-second TD to beat Auburn in '07 when he called a bonkers TD pass when they were in FG range and an incomplete pass could've run out the clock?

Also remember all the stuff it took for them to actually get to the Natty in 2007?

- They lost to Ark the last week of the regular season as the #1 team, dropped to #7 in the 2nd-to-last BCS poll
- Then #1 Mizzou was upset in the Big 12 CG, #2 WVU lost to unranked Pitt at home (who does that?!)
- And they leapfrogged UGA and Kansas who lost their divisions, and VT who won the ACCCG, simply by beating #14 Tennessee

He's still the only coach ever to win a consensus Title with 2 losses.

I think his stint at KS is kind of confirming he's a good but not great coach.

Let's be real....2007 was a wacky year in College Football history LOL it was like the underdogs were pullin off upsets every week!

Re: I always thought Miles was more lucky than good at LSU.

Sep 16, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to I always thought Miles was more lucky than good at LSU. ]

He's had a lot of questionable play calls, that's for sure. Even against us in the 2012 Peach Bowl, instead of making Clemson use their timeouts, he called pass plays. A couple of incomplete passes and we get the ball back with plenty of time and timeouts. And thank God he did. We may have never seen that franchise changing 4th & 16 play. Tajh and Watkins were beast in that whole game. That play just put the exclamation point on the game they were both having.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Les Miles ]

Kansas has more talent than Coastal does. Miles is just garbage.

more or les***

Sep 15, 2020, 10:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

He should have known Kansas would have inferior quality

Sep 16, 2020, 7:45 PM

grass to chew on. Not sorry for him. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic