Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching UNC replay
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,625

Watching UNC replay

Sep 7, 2016, 8:48 AM

Laughing at Fedora being penalized for his tirade. Something Ole Roy would never have to deal with

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even Dawg fans admit the ineligible downfield was a bad call

Sep 7, 2016, 9:11 AM

http://georgia.247sports.com/Board/19/Contents/Lets-Face-It-Refs-Destroyed-UNC-47219114

but then Fedora shot his team in the foot with his anger and then a stupid play call.. a screen pass on the short side in the end zone? truly a Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot call

penalties have been big problems for Fedora's teams - his UNC teams have been heavily penalized (with last year being an exception) and it's cost them games

i've said before, Fedora is probably a good offensive coordinator, but may have no business being a head coach (in a major conference)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Legit call, just not something usually enforced in the past

Sep 7, 2016, 9:38 AM

The announcers commented after the play that it was communicated to coaches pre-season that the rule would be more strictly enforced this season.

The lineman was about twice as far down field as the strict interpretation of the rule would allow.

I guess it will remain to be seen now if the rule continues to be vigorously enforced in other games.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

disagree- he was not even 3 yards out and that is when

Sep 7, 2016, 9:49 AM

It will be enforced . Even the announcers said so and thought he was out 2 and half yards . You can see clearly in the replay .. Bad call for sure and UNC got robbed ..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: Legit call, just not something usually enforced in the past

Sep 7, 2016, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Legit call, just not something usually enforced in the past ]

The refs generally allow 3 yards past the los.
The heel lineman looked maybe 4 yards past the Los and was engaged with a defender. One player was on the ground around their knees so maintaining your position would be nearly impossible. I thought it was a cheap call.

Re: Legit call, just not something usually enforced in the past

Sep 7, 2016, 11:04 AM

On that particular play the lineman they called the foul on was maybe 2 yards off the line when the ball was thrown. Again not a Tarheel fan at all. Just saying...

UNCheat fans whining about bad calls is kinda funny.***

Sep 7, 2016, 10:40 AM [ in reply to even Dawg fans admit the ineligible downfield was a bad call ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Watching UNC replay

Sep 7, 2016, 9:26 AM

I don't like Fedora and can't stand anything Tarheel but I have to admit the ref's were very suspect. The lineman was not anywhere close to down field like they called and Fedora wasn't even showing out bad. The ref behind him just quickly popped him with a penalty and came running up in his face. The ref definitely wasn't keeping his cool. Like I said I can't stand the Heels but Fedora got a raw deal on that one.

Sep 7, 2016, 9:27 AM

IS THAT THE SAME FEDORA THAT GAVE THE BALL TO ELIJAH HOOD 10 TIMES. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he was penalized

Sep 7, 2016, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Watching UNC replay ]

for coming onto the field.

Sep 7, 2016, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Watching UNC replay ]

I agree, I can't remember the last time I pulled for unc, but agree there were several suspect calls that heavily favored UGA and perhaps tilted the game to the dawgs. Tar Heels played well up until the refs had to put their 2 cents worth in and sway the odds to UGA.

heels got jobbed at critical times***

Sep 7, 2016, 9:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: heels got jobbed at critical times***

Sep 7, 2016, 9:50 AM

they were playing a sec team in Ga.... certainly U are not surprised!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: heels got jobbed at critical times- good

Sep 7, 2016, 9:53 AM [ in reply to heels got jobbed at critical times*** ]

a small payback for their hoops calls and noncall favoritism. cant get all the calls in every sport

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the NCAA won't get them, the refs will.***

Sep 7, 2016, 10:41 AM [ in reply to heels got jobbed at critical times*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,625
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic