Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leggitt is Leggitt but can learn from Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Leggitt is Leggitt but can learn from Dabo

May 19, 2013, 12:18 PM

Leggitt is Leggitt! He will not ever change his micro managing style of coaching or change his bland personality (media image). He can, however, continue to incorporate one of Dabo's key formula for success which is to NOT hesitate to make changes to your staff and obtain the best assistant coaches/instructors/recruiters in the nation and let them coach and do their job. He made an excellent move in hiring LeCroy as his lead recruiter for Jack cannot recruit a lick. My main concern is it is time for Jack to hire an established batting coach who can help transform our current players into a more aggressive and fundamentally sound hitters. The immediate addition of a new batting instructor (who can also recruit / (personality) especially with such a young ball team and another excellent recruiting class on the horizon is critical to our future success.

Jack is an excellent manager of the baseball program and if he will only continually evaluate his staff and make the appropriate changes, we will move to the top of the pyramid and finally win a CWS. Leggitt is Leggitt, but he needs to let go and delegate some of the primary responsibilities to quallified future head coaches.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leggitt is Legit***

May 19, 2018, 1:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Too Legit to quit******

May 19, 2013, 12:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

playing with yourself again?***

May 19, 2013, 12:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, wut?

May 19, 2013, 12:36 PM

photo Notsureifserious_zps4b75ebe5.jpg

i gave it a little while to see if you wanted...

May 19, 2013, 3:16 PM

to respond to yourself again.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought about it...but figured you'd be back soon from

May 19, 2013, 3:18 PM

dress shopping at the mall.

yeah, there's a big & tall shop for at the mall...

May 19, 2013, 3:24 PM

but you're still hard to shop for.

The longer dresses do look better on me...to cover up my

May 19, 2013, 3:25 PM

hairy legs.

cover up your best feature?

May 19, 2013, 3:28 PM

we'll never marry you off if we gotta rely on your face.

I thought you were relying on the size of my

May 19, 2013, 3:30 PM

dowry to get me married off?

we decided to use that on the bachelor party, gwp's coming,

May 19, 2013, 3:32 PM

he'll be a bachelor again before the weekends thru.

viva las vegas!

Wait, if all it takes is a weekend in Vegas, why have I

May 19, 2013, 5:09 PM

been waiting all this time for a reason?

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^Mrs. GWPTiger does not approve of this post.***

May 19, 2013, 5:11 PM

Re: Leggitt is Leggitt but can learn from Dabo

May 19, 2013, 12:27 PM

Problem is he doesn't have unlimited resources. We lost the pitching coach before Pep because Bama offered him a free car and we couldn't match.

That was addition by subtraction...

May 19, 2013, 12:40 PM

Pep is a significantly better pitching coach than Kyle Bunn and much easier to get along with. One day after a game that Clemson won, I was walking between the batting cages and the field and Bunn was cussing out his pitchers on the practice field. He didn't last very long at Alabama and is now at either ETSU or MTSU, I'm not sure which. In any case, it's quite a drop from Clemson or Alabama.

You obviously don't have a clue.***

May 19, 2013, 12:27 PM

So you are saying he should fire LeCroy?***

May 19, 2013, 12:35 PM

Re: So you are saying he should fire LeCroy?***

May 19, 2013, 12:41 PM

If you read my post in its entirity you would see that LeCroy was an EXCELLENT hire. He needs a batting coach in the worst way.

He's only allowed 2 full-time coaches...

May 19, 2013, 12:43 PM

so if you want a new hitting coach, you're going to have to get rid of Bradley.

Re: He's only allowed 2 full-time coaches...

May 19, 2013, 1:00 PM

i am guessing our team batting average next year is around .310 or better. these kids will not get worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's only allowed 2 full-time coaches...

May 19, 2013, 2:41 PM [ in reply to He's only allowed 2 full-time coaches... ]

No. Johnson!

Johnson hasn't been on staff for a while

May 19, 2013, 2:46 PM

MJ left the staff earlier this year. and he was not a 'full time asst".. he was a "volunteer coach". as has been said only 2 full time assts for baseball.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm betting Cazzie will not respond to this post***

May 19, 2013, 3:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He'll be back shortly. He's just recovering from that shot

May 19, 2013, 3:35 PM

you took at him.

photo beavisballs_zps9639bf7e.gif

LeCroy is the hitting coach though

May 19, 2013, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: So you are saying he should fire LeCroy?*** ]

You essentially said he is a good recruiter and poor coach (based on results) in your post

May 19, 2013, 1:17 PM

Lecroy is our hitting coach. You cant fire the hitting coach without firing Lecroy.

Our hitting will be fine.

null

May 19, 2013, 1:27 PM

So you have a degree in psychology?
If Leggett is never going to change his micro managing style of coaching,what makes you think he is going to incorporate one,or any ,of Dabo's key formulas for success?
And you obvisiously know very little about Jack's style,which is basically small ball,so why would he hire a batting coach who is more agressive?
So if he does take your advice,and incorporate your changes,we will win that elusive CWS,right?
After all, using your logic,Chad Holbrook should win multiple CWS in Cootville because he was hired by a two time back to back CWS Championship coach in Ray Tanner.

His coaching tee is pretty well respected. He historically..

May 19, 2013, 2:26 PM

has had good assistants, i.e. Pawlowski, Corbin, O'Sullivan, etc.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only Leggett could hire Chad Morris***

May 19, 2013, 3:40 PM

Who's Leggitt? Is he a new coach?***

May 19, 2013, 3:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

May 19, 2013, 4:59 PM

First you can start by learning how to spell his name correctly, it's Leggett. Second, all "internet coaches/experts" are entitled to their opinions but not to their own facts. If I'm not mistaken I believe he is the 12th winningest coach in D1. Can you top hat with your experience?

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic