Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Leggett named semifinalist for Mackey Award
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

FB Update: Leggett named semifinalist for Mackey Award

Nov 16, 2015, 10:18 AM

Leggett named semifinalist for Mackey Award

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Leggett named semifinalist for Mackey Award

Nov 16, 2015, 10:20 AM

Thanks to Plyler for doing this. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Pearman!***

Nov 16, 2015, 10:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The Mackey Award?

Nov 16, 2015, 10:30 AM

Is it a certificate that cuts and pastes his stats for the year, with a bunch of misspellings and grammatical errors?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For a fraction of a second I thought Jack Leggett was a

Nov 16, 2015, 10:37 AM

finalist for a HC job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told you we shouldn't have fired Leggett. He was a good

Nov 16, 2015, 10:39 AM

coach. Look how young and relaxed he looks now with no pressure to turn things around on him.

Taller too***

Nov 16, 2015, 11:27 AM

Leggett Blows Blocking Assignment

Nov 16, 2015, 2:50 PM

Jordan Leggett is an outstanding receiving TE but he is a horrible blocker.

In attached video, Leggett (#16) lines up on right side of O-line across from the left (defensive left side) DE. When ball is snapped, he pulls left to block the right (defensive right side) DE and the left DE is left unblocked. Clearly Gallman (#9), who takes fake handoff on left side of Watson and then blocks the defensive right side DE, has responsibility to block the defensive right side DE; whereas Leggett should have blocked the defensive left side DE lined up across from him. The unblocked DE could have hurt Watson had he put his helmet in Watson's ribs and planted Watson. Luckily, the DE led with his shoulder and didn't hurt Watson. This is the play immediately after Leggett dropped a sure TD pass in the Red Zone.

Leggett's receiving stats are awesome; however, he is unreliable as a blocker. I've seen Garrett Williams block several times and he is an excellent blocker. I hope that Cannon Smith and Milan Richard are also better blockers than Leggett. Use Leggett primarily as a receiver and some other TE on plays when the TE is needed to help protect Watson.

yes, jordan leggett played on the outside in HS. i hope the

Nov 16, 2015, 2:55 PM

run of trying to turn HS WRs into TEs is over.

I <3 Jordan, Brandon Ford & Seck, but it's a different world blocking in the box or trying to make a living doing so.

With that said, JL has been worlds better this year and has looked for contact/blocks when in years passed he seemed to avoid it.

At minimum in that vid he went after someone as he has all year, blown assignment or not.

The Semi is a well deserved notice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leggett Blows Blocking Assignment

Nov 16, 2015, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Leggett Blows Blocking Assignment ]

That wasnt a Defensive End.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: FB Update: Leggett named semifinalist for Mackey Award

Nov 16, 2015, 3:01 PM

John Mackey played for Syracuse.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive