Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lee was arguing that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Lee was arguing that

Mar 6, 2018, 9:51 PM

The fielder left the field of play to make the catch. His feet was not on the ground and that is a grounds rule in this park. I think Lee was correct to challenge this

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the rule is that one foot has to be touching the ground

Mar 6, 2018, 9:51 PM

when you make the catch, the Monte was right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the rule is that one foot has to be touching the ground

Mar 6, 2018, 9:56 PM

If that’s the case what happens in the event of a homerun being robbed by an outfielder jumping above the outfield wall? Or is the rule you’re referring to only apply to foul ground?

Can only assume it applies to foul ground. No idea why...

Mar 6, 2018, 10:03 PM

...Monte would argue it otherwise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: If the rule is that one foot has to be touching the ground

Mar 6, 2018, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: If the rule is that one foot has to be touching the ground ]

The only thing that happens if it's out of play is, it's an OUT. Just the same as if the catcher, catches a pop up out of play behind home plate!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lee was arguing that

Mar 6, 2018, 9:52 PM

Yup. You’re exactly right.

I thought that might be it but unsure - ty

Mar 6, 2018, 9:53 PM

Ty

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Never heard of a park having it’s own rules. The Wofford guy make a great play. Should have been and was an out.

Mar 6, 2018, 9:57 PM

Every ball park has its own ground rules!

Mar 6, 2018, 10:04 PM

I’ve always thought of ground rules as universal because they usually are across the board at every park. I’ve never heard of an obscure rule that both feet must be on the ground to make a catch for an out.

Mar 7, 2018, 11:21 AM

Before each baseball game, the team managers meet with the umpires at home plate and exchange official lineups and go over the ground rules for that game. They vary from park to park regardless of what you have heard or think. For instance, if the game is being played in a park where an unusual event could happen, such as a fly ball hitting an overhead power line or perhaps a park where a fair ball could possibly go under a fence, these rules are explained to the coaches by the umpires. Happens at every game. It’s not always just “ one base over first , third and home”
All domed stadiums have rules regarding fly balls hitting speakers or other structures. Those are all local ground rules!

I’m impressed Monte knew that rule and saw it in real time.

Mar 6, 2018, 9:54 PM

That said, that was an incredible illegal catch!

Definitely should be in SC Top 10.

~JKB

Mar 6, 2018, 9:54 PM

Kind of a dumb rule...

Actually, it’s retarded.

Dude made a h3ll of a play....tip your cap and don’t be a snitch.

Anyone else see that thick @$$ girl in the advertisement on this thread....fine as h3ll

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

TU for the end of this post

Mar 6, 2018, 9:59 PM

Dang I don’t... what gives!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2018, 9:55 PM

I believe the rule is one or both feet on or over the playing area. If that is the case, it was a legal catch.

As if those friggin umps actually know the rules.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I wish I could give you more TUs on that reply.

Mar 6, 2018, 9:58 PM

But here’s 1. Well said!

~JKB

Could hear the umps talking about feet on the ground...

Mar 6, 2018, 9:58 PM

...so I believe you are correct. Both feet were off the ground when he made the catch. But, it was ruled an out, so I have no idea why the feet on the ground was an issue. Seemed like a good out to me.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Can’t use the curb to gain an advantage. But he

Mar 6, 2018, 10:31 PM

launched from the ground so it’s a good play. The rule is he can’t use the curb in front of the dugout, and he didn’t.

It looked like the 3rd base coach questioned that, which is fine. Umps got it right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

photo

Mar 6, 2018, 11:51 PM
foulcatch.jpg(72.9 K)

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Can’t use the curb to gain an advantage. But he

Mar 7, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Can’t use the curb to gain an advantage. But he ]

You are exactly right. That is a great definition of “local game rules”.

This rule applies in Kingmore but perhaps not every park where you play.

Good stuff Tiger Swimmer***

Mar 7, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Can’t use the curb to gain an advantage. But he ]

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic