Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Least Favorite WCCP Duo?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 4,040

Least Favorite WCCP Duo?

Aug 18, 2018, 1:42 PM

1. Mickey-Zack 2. Ben-Brad 3. Qualk-Kelly 4.Walt-Ramona

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Least Favorite WCCP Duo?

Aug 18, 2018, 1:43 PM

2 or 4 for me. All are so close its hard to call.

Aug 18, 2018, 1:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Kelly.. just cant stand listening to "qualk"

Aug 18, 2018, 1:49 PM

scream.. and yell.. and bible thump.. and judge.. for 3 hours. Little man syndrome.

His judgmental rants are indeed very annoying

Aug 18, 2018, 10:43 PM

It's usually in favor of Clemson but he gets very bitter and sarcastic when he starts judging

Mickey and Zach would be ok if they didn't....

Aug 18, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Least Favorite WCCP Duo? ]

spend so much time talking about their personal lives, e.g what I had for supper, little of this..little of that, blah blah blah.

#3 should be a solo show with Kelly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2018, 1:55 PM

Qualk! How he stays on radio is beyond me! He is worst pbp guy in clemson baseball ever as well.

Walt sucks as well

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Munson and Qualk have the exact same voice.

Aug 18, 2018, 2:01 PM

Both should be banned.

Aug 18, 2018, 2:00 PM

Walt /Ramona is BY FAR the worst. I can handle the rest.

Walt.. and Zack..

Aug 18, 2018, 2:03 PM

I can handle when they are trashing the coots. Brad.. is a Coot Lovin Soy Boy. Cant stand him.. and it seems like Ben has no clue about anything.

Aug 18, 2018, 2:03 PM

Ben and Brad are unbelievably boring.

Aug 18, 2018, 2:22 PM

Brad and Ben

Aug 18, 2018, 2:28 PM

4, Walt has the worst voice I’ve ever heard on the radio

Jim Rome and Scott Ferrall say, "Hi!"***

Aug 21, 2018, 12:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 18, 2018, 2:28 PM

4, Walt has the worst voice I’ve ever heard on the radio

Mickey and whoever he is talking to at that moment***

Aug 18, 2018, 2:56 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey and whoever he is talking to at that moment***

Aug 18, 2018, 3:20 PM

Ever notice how any of the sponsors are Mickeys dearest friend on earth and also anybody he interviews as well.Walt is a complete insecure tool,Brad is much better without Ben,no real issue with Kelly and Qualk.

Re: Mickey and whoever he is talking to at that moment***

Aug 18, 2018, 3:45 PM

Yes! Mickey being best friends with everyone is super annoying. Also hate how he basically makes up his show as he goes.

Walt, although a tool, at least is entertaining.

I like Kelly all right but Qualk reminds me of a type guy that would be my RA Freshman year.

Brad is a big drop off from Roy. He is extremely boring but is much better when he is with Zach instead of Ben

Mickey learned how to show prep from Tommy Powell,

Aug 18, 2018, 7:42 PM

open the sports page and start reading

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey learned how to show prep from Tommy Powell,

Aug 18, 2018, 10:11 PM

Lol. Tommy was terrible on the radio, but one of the coolest guys you’d ever meet in person. Remember how he always talked about what he ate?

Aug 18, 2018, 3:41 PM

I try listening every day with the streaming app but usually give up after 10 minutes. I have never listened to a station with more commercials. Even when they come back from a break they spend 5 minutes with a live commercial and every one starts with "My good friends at ......" For some reason Walts live commercial really annoy me.

Sorry..not a fan of yankee Zack or Mickey.

Aug 18, 2018, 3:58 PM

Only time they are entertaining is when trashing the coots. Head on back to "joy-sey" tubbo.

So far it looks like Mickey is #1

Aug 18, 2018, 4:03 PM

Actually kind of surprising when people like Qualk and Walt are around. Walts never wrong.. and when he is called out it he throws a tantrum. Qualk is the definition of little man syndrome.

Aug 18, 2018, 8:07 PM

Aug 18, 2018, 8:45 PM

Ive been listening to them for years and really hated to see Philpott leave. He was good and also had a Clemson focus which I liked.

For those reasons it’s been harder for me to get used to Brad. If I had to rank them I would go:

1) Mickey
2) Deptula
3) Kelly/Qualk
4) Brad/Ben

Aug 18, 2018, 10:19 PM

Mickey/ zack
Walt/Ramona
Kelly/Qualk

All offer something unique from the other shows and work well together.

Brad and Ben are just boring, no personality, no real or interesting opinions, and no unique insights. Just wasted space.

I can’t get past Brad and Ben’s intro

Aug 18, 2018, 10:23 PM

Absolutely the most annoying I’ve ever heard. “It just doesn’t matter.” Rest of the shows are fine.

Message was edited by: randystigers®

Aug 18, 2018, 10:33 PM

1. Ben-Brad
2. Qualk-Kelly

I think Mickey and Walt are pretty decent

Aug 18, 2018, 11:43 PM

I love Mickey & Zack! They have great chemistry and they love bashing the coots. Ben is good too and was better with Roy. Kelly & Qualk can be entertaining but I can understand how older crowd doesn’t approve. Brad has the worst radio voice/personality I’ve ever heard. His opening is awful... it just doesn’t matter... makes me turn the volume down ever day. Walt and Ramona need to go yesterday. He is never wrong. Pompas a$$. Annoying. Ramona.... well I’d rather listen to Vols fans tell me how this is the year they bounce back... again...she is completely annoying

Aug 19, 2018, 12:23 AM

In order of annoyance for me:

1) Qualk and Kelly
2) Brad and Ben
3) Mickey and Zack
4) Walt and Ramona

Aug 19, 2018, 6:50 AM

The yankees on Sporting News Radio, when WCCP is knocked off the air a few times a week and Milstead can’t figure out how to fix it.

Aug 19, 2018, 1:17 PM

In terms of WCCP it continues to amaze me that at National Championship Program like Clemson continues to have WCCP as the flagship station which is clearly run like an amateur outfit in terms of the some of the hosts. My Rankings from worst to best.

Mickey
While Mickey is probably a great guy to have beer with, I have tried but no longer can listen to his show for any length. He is poorly prepared, doesn’t offer any unique insight and seems more interested in talking about personal issues and the Yankees than Clemson football. He often drones on and on about something unrelated to Clemson or football, or he will say “Coming up we are going to talk about Clemson’s defense” and then never does because we have to hear about his dog or other issues. Again probably a great guy to tailgate with, but he should seriously consider another occupation. I would rank Mickey the worst. Worst case just give the show to Zach and you will have an upgrade.

Walt
While Walt’s sports knowledge is better than Mickeys his arrogance is off the charts. I could understand it somewhat if he was a former player or coach or actually had accomplished something significant. He is kind of like the annoying frat bother that everyone just puts up with but nobody wants to be with. The other day I was listening to the College Kick Off show when they were broadcasting from Twin Peaks and all the hosts were on. Walt’s lack of preparation and arrogant attitude towards his coworkers was disgusting. I feel for Ramona, whatever she is paid it is not enough to put up with Walt.

Bottom line both Walt and Mickey seem to be on cruise control and not really prepping for their shows. Walt does better but his arrogance is not bearable.

In terms the others I am fine with them maybe they could be better, but they are not bad.

Ben and Brad
While not overly exciting these two perform well enough and at least talk sports providing good knowledge and insight, which makes for good show.

Qualk and Kelly
Kelly clearly takes her job seriously. She is upbeat, well prepared and willing to use facts to defend her position. In my opinion she is one of the best on the station.

I know a number of people have problems with Qualk, but I don’t think he is that bad. He gets a little excited at times and can go off on tangents, but again it is clear he has prepared for the show, makes it fairly interesting and moves the topics along. I wish Qualk and Kelly were on the morning drive instead of Mickey and Zach then I could go back to listening again.

You are pretty spot on Bruce. I’ll never understand

Aug 21, 2018, 11:24 AM

how a great national institution like Clemson can have a “flagship” station as lame as WCCP. I think I could put together a more professional operation than they have. I mean, do they have qualifications above “must be a clemson football fan”? Qualk is such a child. I agree with you about Kelly - she appears to take the job seriously and comes prepared. Qualk.... jeez he’s such a joke. Right in the middle of the day too. I don’t listen much any more. I check in occasionally to see if there are any changes.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Least Favorite WCCP Duo? ]

In order from most to least annoying.
1.Walt/Ramona
Complete tool. Never wrong, can't argue with him because if he said it than it must be true. He also has more commercials than anyone I know.
2. Brad and Ben
It's just boring. Neither of them have any energy to them
3. Mickey/Zach
Easily distracted and Zach can be a little odd but he is a Yankee so I have to let it pass. They have some strong moments too and at least have some chemistry.
4. Qualk and Kelly
They always go off on tangents but they are the most prepared. I think they work well together and Qualk working with Kelly has helped him immensely.

ez Walt and Ramona worst, followed by Qualk and Kell!

Aug 21, 2018, 12:30 PM

However we are lucky to have them at all! I used to gripe and moan about CCP and I still do obviously but I truly believe I'd rather have them than nothing at all BY FAR!!!! Anyway, none of them are too bad. I just get tired of Kell and Qualk talking basketball all the time. NBA I mean, not Clemson.

Replies: 34
| visibility 4,040
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic