Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Late offensive surge provides glimpse of future but questions still remain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Dec 31, 2010, 10:42 PM

A disappointing and sometimes lackluster three-and-a-half quarters for the Clemson offense turned around late in Friday’s Meineke Car Care Bowl, giving Clemson fans the only reason to cheer during the loss to South Florida. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a future where we nearly win!! Nearly.***

Dec 31, 2010, 10:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

It makes one wonder...

Dec 31, 2010, 10:43 PM

why the HC didn't spend the last 4 weeks preparing Boyd to be the QB for the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because KP gave us the best chance to win

Jan 1, 2011, 8:16 AM

sigh...

"Late Offensive Surge" nice spin job, LOL

Dec 31, 2010, 11:11 PM

You got one thing right, it was offensive.

Crump's a pumper!***

Dec 31, 2010, 11:12 PM

Re: Crump's a pumper!***

Dec 31, 2010, 11:14 PM

Dabo wasn't signaling in plays today as he usually does, an assistant was.

You don't need an OC friend to tell you these things

Dec 31, 2010, 11:21 PM

I could see it from where I was sitting and I'm just a casual football fan.

Re: Late offensive surge provides glimpse of future but questions still remain

Jan 1, 2011, 1:03 AM

The offensive line is a JOKE. Has been since Boob Scott has been here. How can Dumbo the Clown not see that?
Ooops. I better watch it. I'm going to get called to his office for a pep talk.

This is pathetic. Heads better roll for this.***

Jan 1, 2011, 2:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 1, 2011, 7:21 AM

Well at the risk of the Kool Aid drinkers labeling me a dumper here is an assessment of our program after 2 1/2 years of Dabo.1. Much worse than the last years of Bowden. 2. The team is slow,poorly coached,undisciplined and has no identity other than Dabo's hype.After watching allot of college football,our program in 2010 is 3rd tier!There is no use singling out players,because all come highly rated as recruits and finish their careers as poorly coached players who didn't develop in college.The pumpers should not point to Spiller,Ford,Palmer,and a few others. These players are not Dabo's development!Our program is in almost as much trouble as schools given major penalities by the NCAA for recruiting violations.2011 is Dabo's final year,if he makes it that far.Nice man,no experience. Huge hiring mistake!Weak staff! Major changes needed in a hurry,but TDP will just smile and wait on someone to tell him what to do next.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2011, 8:30 AM

Crump-you must be a Coot fan or if not you should have been.
Your ignorance of the game and blind loyalty to an absolutely clueless coaching staff and administration is concerning..
Click your heels together three times and repeat after me ...there's no place like home ...there's no place like home ..you'll end up back in Cola....lol

Glimpse of offensive future? Are you kidding me?****

Jan 1, 2011, 12:33 PM

Jan 1, 2011, 1:21 PM

So our future is inferior teams having large enough leads to play their seniors and go into a prevent defense that allows meaningless points? Got it!

This coaching staff is a joke. I was very surprised how poorly our defense played, but I expected nothing less from our offense. When SFU scored 17 I looked at my son and said, "Well that's it. Our offense can't score more than that." Granted, they did, but the game was over by that time.

SFU came into this game confident they could win. AGAINST CLEMSON!. This is where our program is. No one is scared to face us. Any Defensive Coordinator we face has an advantage because there isn't one out there that cannot outcoach our pathetic staff.

Dabo & Napier are in way over their heads. They should be coaching at a JUCO somewhere. They don't belong at this level. They had FOUR WEEKS and we still looked the way we did. With the contract extension for TDP, expect more of the same. We had 4 decent wins this season, 4! I hope we can achieve at least that next year under the current staff.

For those of you who are saying I'm being negative ... D@mn right! This staff has given no reason for optimism. I love my Tigers. I've been a fan since I've know what a football was. Forgive me if I'm pissed because of where our program is. It is extremely clear to me that the administration at Clemson no longer places any importance on having a winning program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We haven’t been getting breaks all year." -Bowden/Dabo/McD***

Jan 1, 2011, 1:27 PM

Article should have lead with the OC friend on incompetence

Jan 1, 2011, 1:47 PM

Billy Napier is clearly not a good OC. If Dabo is too stupid and too loyal to see that, then Dabo will be fired for it just like Bowden was fired for keeping the incompetent Rob Spence.

Note that after Dabo fired Spence, Spence's buddy Doug Marrone hired Spence as OC at Syracuse. But Syracuse's offense and play-calling was so awful that Marrone took over play-calling in November of Spence's first season and fired Spence. As a result of Marrone having the balls to fire his good friend Spence, this season Syracuse went to (and won) a bowl game.

Will Dabo be a foolishly nice, loyal guy and keep Napier like Bowden kept Spence, or will Dabo be a smart executive and fire Napier like Marrone?

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic