Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Late night musing from an old Tiger who should be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,451

Late night musing from an old Tiger who should be

Jul 3, 2020, 9:40 PM

Asleep by now. It’s painful for me to see all the changes that are being forced upon our country, our hometowns, our neighborhoods and especially our universities by those who claim that they have been mistreated by society for hundreds of years. I believe their claims are valid in many instances and it should be obvious to most that the country we live in today is very much different than the one that I grew up in the 40’s and 50’s. Renaming landmarks, destroying statues and similar events just doesn’t seem to be the way to go in my opinion. Why not leave many of these things as they are where we can always look back and see where we have come from in the past sixty years or so? Having something to compare progress with seems more important than destroying the past. The road we are taking now to forgive and forget will be a long road with lots of bumps, imo.

Good night. Time for my warm milk and toast.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is little room for reason, perspective, and productive

Jul 3, 2020, 9:59 PM

dialogue in the current environment. Working together toward solutions, where all sides listen to each other, is so yesterday. It's all about rage and demands. Shut up, capitulate, and pay.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Late night musing from an old Tiger who should be

Jul 3, 2020, 10:01 PM

Amen! After 76 years plus on this earth and 34 in the military serving this country I, too, will always agree that folks have the right to protest and change things as needed. But, to destroy history is not going to get the changes a few want. Gonna be some tough times ahead for all folks in the USA. Good night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2020, 5:33 AM

Not changing history. Just not glorifying people who history has proven were not nice people. I agree that changes we are seeing have the chance of going into radical thought processes but I dont see the removal of statues as erasing history at all.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy 4th of July, Forest...

Jul 4, 2020, 12:29 AM
Happy4th.jpg(136.0 K)

Jul 4, 2020, 3:50 AM

There would be no need to protest if there wasn't a need to protest.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,451
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic