Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last night all boiled down to 3rd downs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,372

Last night all boiled down to 3rd downs

Nov 26, 2012, 12:05 AM

I'm not saying Morris coached well, cause he didn't. I thought Tommy Bowden was back on the sidelines watching it. With that said, we had the ball for like 19 minutes the whole #### game. We only had the ball for 6 minutes in the second half. How many 3rd and longs did we give up last night? 6 or 7? If somebody told me we would hold usc jr 27 I woulda bet the house on the Tigers winning the game. We had opportunity after opportunity to get them off the field and the defense didn't get it done.

Again, like I said, the offense sucked especially after the 1st quarter. It felt like there was a huge urgency to make a big play cause we finally had the ball & didn't know when we were gonna get it back again. We had every chance to make something happen and at the end of the day the offense, defense, Morris, Venables and Dabo didn't get it done.

This is a fact, not an excuse. We have one of the youngest coaching staffs in the country and it showed last night. Morris must have forgotten his playbook at home. We didn't utilize Watkin's at all & he's one of the most gifted players in the country. Last night was a total fail on everyone's part.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I've been saying. Their defense got off the

Nov 26, 2012, 12:10 AM

field on 3rd down and ours could'nt. Simple as that.

Exactly

Nov 26, 2012, 12:13 AM

If you look at the time of possession you don't need any other stats to conclude who won the game.

Re: Last night all boiled down to 3rd downs

Nov 26, 2012, 12:44 AM

Our 3rd down offense was bad after that long TD drive. 5-12 doesn't look very bad on the stat sheet, but I think 4 of those were on our first TD drive. We 1 for 7 after that.

Nov 26, 2012, 12:47 AM

I agree. The 11-21 on 3rd down conversions doesn't tell the whole story, either. Several time penalties gifted them 3rd down conversions.

Our defense has to figure out a way to stop giving up big plays on 3rd down.

No doubt

Nov 26, 2012, 12:55 AM

My cousin who is a huge Gamecock fan told me after the game that the refs gave them 3 or 4 huge calls. He's probably the most rational gamecock fan I know, but it's obvious that those were blown calls. I didn't chuck a water bottle cause our field looks too #### good to be covered in trash, but I lost my voice booing those zebras.

Re: No doubt

Nov 26, 2012, 1:57 AM

I wish they would change the rules and review some of these penalties. I just don't know how they would decide what gets reviewed, although, maybe the answer is give the coach a few more challenges in the game. That facemask call was absurd, unless the back of the helmet is included in the facemask. :-/ When the announcers in the booth are questioning the call, from the slo-mo replays, that too should be a flag to review the play. When the technology is there, make use of it. Also, it removes some of the opportunities for some of the zebra people to be "influencing" the outcome of the game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2012, 6:46 AM

Get over it! The better team won on Saturday night. We have had a great season and hopefully will not let this loss ruin our bowl game. Next year can be even better.Our recruiting needs to focus on building a strong defense. Strong defenses win big games,not run and gun offenses.I'm proud of the staff and the players. They are not yet a BCS team,but they are getting close.Also need a big,brusing running back like Gurley and Marshall at Georgia. Dabo is a superior recruiter and will get it done in the next two years. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,372
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic