Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last Minute Logistics (Aggie here...) - Drive / Park
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Last Minute Logistics (Aggie here...) - Drive / Park

Sep 8, 2018, 12:08 AM

Howdy again!

Sadly, I had to work today since I'll be travelling next week, needed to get ahead of some projects. Wish I was in College Station for Midnight Yell tonight.

But I thought I would post one last time in case you folks needed direction. I just discovered there's an IM box and hopefully didnt respond to a couple of your Clemson buddies too late.

The questions I got were about driving in to avoid traffic on game day. Apparently some of you are driving in from Houston, Dallas, Austin Saturday morning.

ARRIVAL: Plan to arrive in College Station at least by 1 pm and you shouldn't hit bottlenecks anywhere until you get right up on campus. HOUSTON: Avoid the section of 290 between 610 and Beltway 8 (I am hearing maybe they planned to reopen, but don't trust rumor and simply take I-10 to Beltway 8 then north to 290 and you should be fine - will only tack on 10 or so minutes).

PARKING: Options depend of course when you are wanting to get to campus and whether you really want a car near the stadium.

Shuttle - Great option if you want to get to campus no earlier than 2:30 PM. Free. Avoids all parking hassles and free. http://transport.tamu.edu/Parking/events/maps/football/grid.pdf Runs for an hour and a half after game end, and my friends from Dallas do it all the time. They like it to the point of refusing rides from me from the lot I park in to their cars at the shuttle, so it must be good.

Parking: If you want to get to campus before the shuttle starts at 2:30, then...

Northgate Parking Garage: BUT, first come first served. I would say the closer to noon or 1 pm you get the more likely it will be full. http://cstx.gov/index.aspx?page=3209

Uber... Caveat... I have never personally done it on gameday, and I would assume drivers will be stuck in a lot of traffic after the game. But it is an option. Can't recommend it either way, just throwing it out there...

Neighborhood: There is a neighborhood just south of Kyle Field where many residents will allow game day parking for a charge. Again, first come first served. Just put "College Park College Station" in google maps and you should find it.

Cash Lot near Bush Library (lot 43, see Barbara's grave while there...): As mentioned in previous, it's the maroon and green colored lot on the parking map. Click on the "Pay in Advance". I would be willing to bet though that even if it says "Sold Out" for Pay in Advance, there is still some drive up entry. It's one of the farthest lots, so walking or another free shuttle jump to Kyle Field. See the note on the webpage as follows... I am pretty sure this means that there are only a certain number of pre-sale spots, but otherwise they leave portions open to drive up traffic WITH CASH.

"General parking is $20 or $25 payable at the lot with CASH ONLY as marked on the Football Parking Map. ... Limited quantities of individual game parking permits will be available for pre-purchase. Be aware that campus parking fills quickly and that there is an excessive amount of traffic on and around campus on gamedays. Lots open at 7 am. Gameday shuttles to Kyle Field are provided free of charge."

http://transport.tamu.edu/Parking/events/football.aspx?c=public#public

So if you were getting to town around noon, if it were me, I would try Northgate first (might as well get a beer on the way). If it's full, then make my way to Lot 43

Best I can do is recommend those options, but of course cannot guarantee parking for ya ;) Earlier you try the better anyway (of course). But that free shuttle came to mind too and by all accounts pretty good if you are wanting to make your way there after 2:30 pm.

Gig 'em and Welcome

https://twitter.com/TAMU/status/988122830310080512

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last Minute Logistics (Aggie here...) - Drive / Park

Sep 8, 2018, 1:57 AM

Thanks for the hospitality. Looking forward to my first visit to Kyle Field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last Minute Logistics (Aggie here...) - Drive / Park

Sep 8, 2018, 2:13 AM

C2Ag93, thank you, and I'm not even going to the game! However, I will be going next year in DV, and I can assure of similar camaraderie. You've gone out of your way to welcome us Tigers with a simple note regarding logistics and where-with-all's and a recommendation to visit Barbara Bush's grave - a great First Lady. And the video is very compelling. As an old Clemson fan and alumnus, and with utmost respect, I've often heard over the years that there have been more officers from Texas A&M and Clemson (College)/University that have served in all the conflicts the USA has been involved with in the 20th century than from all the other US service academies combined. That alone speaks to a great tradition. God Bless, and wishing you good luck tomorrow (i.e.: that you might not get shut-out - you're going to need some!)

Go Tigers, and God Bless America!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic