Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last Chance U - James Franklin III
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,467

Last Chance U - James Franklin III

Aug 3, 2016, 9:35 AM

I've been a tnet lurker forever, but finally decided to post a question out there:

We have been feeling pretty confident about Auburn, but after watching Last Chance U on Netflix, i am a bit concerned about James Franklin III in this game. His speed is obscene ... granted his throwing accuracy is debateable - he does have a cannon for an arm. Are we prepared to handle such a dangerous QB?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Aug 3, 2016, 9:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's painfully obvious you don't follow Clemson football.***

Aug 3, 2016, 9:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

He couldn't beat out Sean MaGuire @ FSU

Aug 3, 2016, 9:42 AM

It's one thing to look good against Junior College athletes,it's another to look good when Wilkins,The Hawaii,Big Carlos or Dex The Man Child is shoving your O Line in your face and Big Ben is waiting for you.

Auburn will have some big plays and score 3 to 4 TDs.

Aug 3, 2016, 9:45 AM

We will have to out score them - say 41 to 31.

If Clemson has turnovers or special teams blunders, then we could easily lose.

Clemson's "A" game beats Auburn's "A" game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our secondary is going to........

Aug 3, 2016, 12:36 PM

struggle a bit in the first game attributed to youth, inexperience and first game jitters. There will be some big plays and busted coverages. But in the end, We have DWat and they don't. They will never keep up offensively. There is no room for error for them. The final score will not be indicative of the a$$ whuppin. We're Clemson and we're #### good!!!!

Re: Last Chance U - James Franklin III

Aug 3, 2016, 9:47 AM

You're either a troll or didn't pay attention to any episodes. He rode the bench behind a player that didn't get any D1 offers. He has a cannon for a arm but his accuracy is sub-parat best. If you collapse the pocket in him with interior linemen he won't be able to do anything.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 3, 2016, 9:48 AM

are you serious?!!!?? he couldn't beat out the white kid their. he only looked good in that last game when they were playing the worst team in the league. he's super fast and he would break a few runs but those were junior college players he was going up against. his throwing game is pretty bad as well.

Aug 3, 2016, 9:50 AM

also welcome to our board, Auburn fan.

Aug 3, 2016, 10:02 AM

Ha ... enjoy the love of the clemson community. Clemson graduate i can guarantee you that (johnston F survivor).

I do follow clemson football and apologies for taking my clemson colored glasses off for a second. However, if you do research, EMCC runs a more pocket oriented offense, and FSU runs a pro style, rather than a Malzan offense which is more run oriented zone read. So i would expect him to not fit perfectly in those offenses. But there are questions if we can set the edge, and with someone who runs a 4.28 40, how do you defend that? Spy a LB on him? His speed and running abilities, plus his ability to throw, creates some real mismatches.

I do expect us to win, but again, he has elite talent which really has been utilized yet.....y'all can go back and call me a troll now. Much love...

4.28 40??

Aug 3, 2016, 10:07 AM

LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2016, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Last Chance U - James Franklin III ]

Well for starters, nobody else that watched the show agrees with you. I've had an Auburn fan tell me that the kid didn't look good at all. Heard others say he wasn't even the best QB on that team. Malzahn had to get a QB tbough, so he went the JUCO route because everything he has is terrible.

I think that's why people think you are trolling. Bc you are saying all of this good stuff about Franklin the third, but there is nothing to go off of to say anything good about. He was medicore at a JUCO, so when you pop up saying how good he is, it raises red flags. The only reason anyone knows who he is is Bc he quit FSU because he couldn't crack the 2 deep and they were constantly bringing in more QB's that are better than him

Aug 3, 2016, 10:41 AM

It's all good. Just seems like a massive change of pace QB we would have to plan for and while Auburn's offense has been terrible the past two years, to have a a kid who fits more in the Malzhan mould, its a concern.

Aug 3, 2016, 11:00 AM

> It's all good. Just seems like a massive change of
> pace QB we would have to plan for and while Auburn's
> offense has been terrible the past two years, to have
> a a kid who fits more in the Malzhan mould, its a
> concern.

you keep referencing his throwing ability. He's not a good passing QB at all. decent long ball but a team sure can't chunk it deep every time. his short to intermediate passing game is pretty bad. the coaches on LCU reference it several times. None of the Auburn fans I know think they will be better than they were last year with him at QB. most of them wish they would move him to WR where his skill set is a much better fit.

He has no ability to throw,not worried.

Aug 3, 2016, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Last Chance U - James Franklin III ]

His official 40 time is 4.38,again not worried. Auburn's offensive line can't protect him.

Aug 3, 2016, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Last Chance U - James Franklin III ]

4.28? Rio called, said he's late for the Olympic Team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2016, 11:08 AM

My smart a$$ answer aside, sure, I do have concerns about Auburn. First games are always super tricky and Malzhan has been game planning for us since about March probably. But we have an equalizer in BV.

Yes anyone who belittles this game is asking

Aug 3, 2016, 11:15 AM

For trouble which is why we win this. Our coaches aren't overlooking this and they will prepare like its a bowl game. Gus will have some wrinkles but when we settle in and get rush on I think we will be dominant on the line.

Aug 3, 2016, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Last Chance U - James Franklin III ]

Not calling you an Auburn fan or anything, and I agree he has really good speed but I was not impressed by his play or stats in JUCO or the Auburn spring game. I mean he was the back up QB at a JUCO!! He was not a very good decision maker when he hears footsteps. He was able to pad his stats in one game against the worst team in a JUCO league all Bc the starting QB got hurt in the game. And looked to be much of the same in the spring game. I'm not saying he can't develop Bc he is fast and has a cannon of an arm. But he has to learn the playbook, calm himself, and improve his decision making all by the first game of the season and not to mention the first game he has ever played against a real Division 1 talent team. Just don't see him doing all that by Sept. Honestly I have a feeling Mahlzon will be rotating QBs in that game too. One to find out who the starter will be. But also to rotate strategy on the different types of playing QBs he has.

Aug 3, 2016, 10:30 AM

He's not even going to start in my opinion. Maybe later in the year, but I would bet on Sean White starting game 1.

Aug 3, 2016, 10:47 AM

He couldn't even beat out a kid whose only offer was from Mississippi College. His arm is erratic and his decision-making skills are poor. I highly doubt he'll even be the starter on 9/3.

I insist that our D plays against the best QB depth...

Aug 3, 2016, 11:06 AM

in this entire country. We can simulate any quality of passing, power running, or speed that anyone can produce. Why the helll do you think Saban told AU if they want to beat Clemson they must stop DW? Why do you think Saban couldn't stop DW? It was because his offense could not simulate comparable QB play.

A season football fan would know this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2016, 11:08 AM

> I've been a tnet lurker forever, but finally decided
> to post a question out there:
>
> We have been feeling pretty confident about Auburn,
> but after watching Last Chance U on Netflix, i am a
> bit concerned about James Franklin III in this game.
> His speed is obscene ... granted his throwing
> g accuracy is debateable - he does have a cannon for
> an arm. Are we prepared to handle such a dangerous QB?

I watched him in the Spring Game and he was really, really bad. He did have a long TD throw against the third-team, although it was walk-on city by that time.

The rest of the time he looked clueless. He's fast, but it was clear he wasn't ready for the speed of the Auburn defense and he'd scamper and the angles were getting cut off much faster than he was used to. If he was struggling with Auburn's team speed, he's going to REALLY NOT LIKE Clemson's.

As far as what he couldn't do, the list was legion. He couldn't go through a progression. He obviously couldn't read a D. He showed zero familiarity with the playbook - granted, it was Spring and he hadn't been there long, but it was pretty obvious he didn't even know what play was on - and for all his speed, it was pretty much useless because he hadn't even figured out what the mesh points were in the read-option game; it was a clown show when he was in there.

So Franklin III is going to go from that to beating Clemson? No way, no how, and if they try it, it's going to get ugly. Keep in mind, I'll see you this JUCO clown, and I'll raise you the best player in college football in Deshaun Watson. The difference is...night and day, all I'll say.

I doubt Malzahn will try it. He'll roll out Sean White, and put in a limited package for JF3 if they can get anything at all going.

Link? From my understanding his doesn't know

Aug 3, 2016, 11:12 AM

Who is starting yet. And btw his weight is like 172. Don't like his chances against our dline. With venables pressure style he's not going to have much of a pocket. I think he ends up with a lot of grass in his face mask.

Gus not his***

Aug 3, 2016, 11:13 AM

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,467
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic