Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU or Ohio State #1?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,049

LSU or Ohio State #1?

Nov 30, 2019, 11:01 PM

I think you could make the case for either. Ohio Stare’s Win today was probably more impressive because it was on the road vs a better opponent.
I think the committee will prefer to not match us with Ohio State in the first round so wouldn’t be surprised if all teams hold serve to see LSU at #2 and matched up with us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU or Ohio State #1?

Nov 30, 2019, 11:07 PM

Was OSU's win impressive? I admit I have a big10 (bad) bias. I mean is MICH really any good? They never beat anyone when it counts (ever). They beat PSU, so how good are they? PSU loses to MINN, MINN gets pounded by WISC, WISC gets pounded by OSU, etc.

I think it's a 1-team league. Let's play a 3-team round-robin/parlay for the title, because nobody else matters :)

Nov 30, 2019, 11:10 PM

sorry, MICH lost to PSU (because of course they did). But hey, they beat Sparty this year for once

Nov 30, 2019, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU or Ohio State #1? ]

I am biased against the Big10 too - should have said appeared more impressive because of Michigan’s ranking. No matter what I think the committee will create the match ups they want. While I don’t think they want to match us up with Ohio State again, I also think they want to ensure the SEC us in the finals so may well put LSU at #1 to match them up with a Utah.

Nov 30, 2019, 11:18 PM

It'll be interesting for sure. Last year (wife got mad at me) for saying Clemson got the "bye-week" with ND, but I was right :)

No such luck for Clemson this year, as either OSU or LSU should be a great game. Those two are jockeying for the #1 "bye-week" or the #2 "short-straw" (gets Clemson)

Truth is Clemson's best path would be UGA beating LSU forcing a #1 OSU v #4 LSU and #2 CLEM v #3 UGA. But I don't think UGA has a chance next weekend....

Nov 30, 2019, 11:11 PM

If LSU beats #4 UGA next week, one could think that would push 031O State back down to #2, but it will be interesting to see what the CFP Committee does. Especially if 031O State handles Wisconsin as they did previously.

Going to be another big weekend of NCAAF in 6 days!

I can’t wait to see how that #4 team shakes out!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

CLEMSON vs Ohio State in NATTY whatever it takes CFP

Nov 30, 2019, 11:13 PM

will manipulate

and no one can really pose an argument against it ....

the way it will be. ....

null

Nov 30, 2019, 11:55 PM

I definitely think that OSU stays #1 this week.

The question is next week If LSU beats #4 Georgia and OSU beats # 10 Wisconsin.

I think the committee sees OSU as the more complete team - LSU's defense is a liability. So I think OSU stays #1 throughout unless they really screw the pooch somehow.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,049
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic