Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU is 'What would happen if Clemson played in the SEC'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,197

LSU is 'What would happen if Clemson played in the SEC'

Jan 13, 2020, 8:14 AM

That's how I see their performance this year. They're a good team...very good...and it's an indictment against the perception of the SEC. Much like the B1G has been slow to evolve from 'football in a cornfield', the SEC and dumb-pits have stubbornly been clinging to the Saban way to win.

The Clemson formula has been to have the talent to perform at a high level on offense...and the talent to practice against that talent on defense. Iron on iron. LSU looks quite similar in many respects.

The gap in the analysis to this game is those who clutch the 'SEC banner' as though surviving the schedule is a gauntlet only programs of that conference can compete. That's a serious flaw. LSU departed from the SEC style...the rest of the conference is from the 'southern cornfield' ilk. Subscribing to the Saban approach left them chasing the wrong goose...LSU ignored that path...and is more Clemson-oriented.

The one difference between Clemson and LSU is the steely-eyed resolve in TL. That can't be coached...it's an incredible DNA. That's my 2 cents.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with the physical talent on the field...

Jan 13, 2020, 8:18 AM

I still maintain that it will come down to willpower and maintaining composure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU is 'What would happen if Clemson played in the SEC'

Jan 13, 2020, 8:29 AM

Well said Salty.

TBT, I would say (‘offer’?) that Joe Burrow also brings somewhat of a ‘steely eyed killer’ quality to LSU’s offense - something I do not believe they have ever had.

The thing that I’m curious about (but not enough to do any research or study - after all, it/he is an LSU player, so I really don’t care about him or their team); however, where the heck was ‘this’ Joe Burrow at 0-4-0 State?

As for me, I too, think TL16 is important and a difference maker. But I also feel pretty confident in a handful of OTHER difference makers wearing #9, #11, #5, #8(x2), #19, #13, #3(x2). . . to name a few! ??

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: LSU is 'What would happen if Clemson played in the SEC'

Jan 13, 2020, 8:34 AM

I kinda agree. LSU is playing B12 offense with an average SEC defense. (Like 6th or 7th D in conference).

LSU is just an abnormally in the SEC. An example of an SEC riding QB play. Akin to Cam Newton. One year and done.

The interesting part is that IF Clemson played in the SEC, we MIGHT have MORE Natties... but only 4 straight SEC titles.

2015: Undefeated until the SEC title, lose to Bama 45-40... but we OUTPLAYED them in that game. Win the rubber match. Nattie.
2016: Nattie and Conf Champ
2017: Conf Champs (would beat UGA, might not beat the 4th seed).
2018: Nattie and Conf Champ.

At least we would have stopped UGA from choking so badly but they would have fired Smart two seasons ago.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson would likely be undefeated against LSU's schedule...

Jan 13, 2020, 9:16 AM

LSU can't honestly say the same about Clemson's schedule. I believe Ohio State beats LSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,197
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic