Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU fan here...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

LSU fan here...

Jan 7, 2020, 6:09 PM

Just wondering what y'alls honest thoughts are on the game. In my opinion no doubt the two best teams in the country will face off next Monday night. Both have really good all around teams. The next level talent on the field will be insane. I think this one could be a instant classic . Lemme hear it and safe travels to and from the game...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Tigers will win***

Jan 7, 2020, 6:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Tigers will win***

Jan 7, 2020, 6:14 PM

That is for certain

Re: LSU fan here...

Jan 7, 2020, 6:15 PM

My prediction is that it will be a close nerve racking game for both teams.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 6:16 PM

Clemson by 17

Jan 7, 2020, 6:34 PM

63 - 17 Good guys

Jan 7, 2020, 6:16 PM

OSU was in the mix for sure. Much tougher defense than LSU can likely field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 6:22 PM

I'm pretty high on our defense actually. When they're playing at a high level they're a load and tough to run on. I understand the criticism though..

I just hope Divinity isn't being brought back

After his drug suspension to be used as Coach O's expendable hitman on TL. Just saying timing is everything...

Re: I just hope Divinity isn't being brought back

Jan 7, 2020, 6:51 PM

feraltyger said:

After his drug suspension to be used as Coach O's expendable hitman on TL. Just saying timing is everything...

This doesn't even make sense

Oh but it does.***

Jan 7, 2020, 7:04 PM

"Expendable" will take on a serious meaning...seriously.***

Jan 7, 2020, 10:52 PM [ in reply to I just hope Divinity isn't being brought back ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU fan here... ]

If they want to stop the run, the DBs will not be able to cover the Clemson receivers all night. If the LSU DBs are playing the Clemson WRs in tight man coverage, it will open up the underneath passing game and the TE or back will have 10 to 15 yards before the LSU DBs can get out of their coverage.

Then you may think LSU has a safety for that but if the safety is not helping the corners, the Clemson Tigers are going to drop 50 on le bayou Tigres du Bengale

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU fan here... ]

I think it will be a shootout. Probably come down to who can win the turnover margin. I like our experience as the difference.

Joe Burro is unstopable and Clemson hasn't played anyone

Jan 7, 2020, 6:20 PM

whatever will we do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe Burro is unstopable and Clemson hasn't played anyone

Jan 7, 2020, 6:25 PM

Clemson has played plenty of folks the past few years. They have nothing to prove imo. Burrow has had a hell of a year. Great kid too very deserving...

Jan 7, 2020, 6:23 PM

There will definitely be a lot of scoring. I do expect lead changes in the second half. I think Clemson will win because while the offenses are comparable, I think Clemson has the better defense.

Tim317 said:

There will definitely be a lot of scoring. I do expect lead changes in the second half. I think Clemson will win because while the offenses are comparable, I think Clemson has the better defense.

I know we haven't seen a offense like this. One might say Alabama but I think Clemson is much better all around offensively . Playing bama the past couple of years is like a track meet. They're a big play offense and Clemson is much more than just the big play

Jan 7, 2020, 6:26 PM

I think with so much talent on both sides it’s going to come down to game planning particularly on defense. Which team can get the most stops....

I have to lean with the coaching staff that has won 2 of the last 3 national titles.

Jan 7, 2020, 6:35 PM

Hard to argue with that

Jan 7, 2020, 6:28 PM

gonna be a tough game.... hopefully the "bye week" got us healthy again...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 6:38 PM

If only one team makes mistakes, they will lose. If there's a big differential in penalties or turnovers, ditto. If one team makes the other pay when they make a mistake, that team may be more likely to win.

There will be big plays on both sides.

Our kicking game is not great - could be an Achilles heel. Missed a FG against OSU. In 2012, we made FGs vs. LSU.

Great point. Versus Ohio State we made fewer mistakes.

Jan 7, 2020, 8:42 PM

That was a big part of that game and I can see that being the story in this game too.

null

Jan 7, 2020, 6:40 PM

30-27 OT. LSU comes back late to tie it, kicks a field goal followed by a Trevor to Higgins walk off. And we walk off knowing we beat a hell of a team and truly cement ourselves as a modern dynasty.

Idk though haven't thought much about it

Maybe I’m the odd one here but I would never

Jan 7, 2020, 6:46 PM

join another team’s site and post.

Is it the swamp gas?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Maybe I’m the odd one here but I would never

Jan 8, 2020, 9:03 AM

I think it is kinda fun to hear what some of their more reasonable and knowledgeable fans think - like this guy here.

Could go either way

Jan 7, 2020, 6:54 PM

They both have loads of talent on both sides. I give Clemson the advantage on defense just because of coaching. They both have excellent offenses. LSU has been out of this world, but I wonder if they can replicate that for four quarters against our defense. We also have a prolific offense. I don't know about y'alls special teams, but ours is below pedestrian. I think Clemson has the slight advantage due to coaching and defense. But, it could all come down to turnovers and special teams. Flip a coin, really.

Last team with the ball and more than 60 seconds on the clock wins.

Jan 7, 2020, 6:57 PM

Unless #24 intercepts!

Re: Last team with the ball and more than 60 seconds on the clock wins.

Jan 7, 2020, 7:46 PM

Nice shout out to Nolan Turner!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 7:04 PM

My thoughts / prediction:
8992Tiger will be on the edge of the edge of the couch. He will likely scream alot and text his kids who are away at school. He will pace nervously and move through the house from TV to TV and consume about 4000 unecessary calories. His heart will race and stop a few times. If the orange tigers win (and I am sure they will), he will watch the postgame celebration and then the post game coverage until it starts to repeat. He will then go to bed at about 2 AM and get about 3-4 hours of sleep. Then he will put on his orange and walk into the office with his arms raised as if to signal a touchdown. He will be very unproductive because of all of the talk about the win.

I am pretty sure about that.

Jan 7, 2020, 9:00 PM

Ive done that 2 of the last 3 years! lol

Jan 7, 2020, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU fan here... ]

I think I have a twin! You forgot about your wife getting on you for yelling at a player for missing a tackle or a stupid penalty, in the unlikely event that it would happen. You also forgot about coming back to Tigernet and see what all of the chatter is.

Jan 8, 2020, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU fan here... ]

Now that is a prediction that I would put money on - for you and tens of thousands of other fans.

Jan 7, 2020, 7:13 PM

I think LSUs defense became better towards the end of the year but I don’t know if they can hang with our offense. I will say, a healthy Delpit is trouble. Can’t underestimate y’alls DBs. Never. The game can’t be anymore physical than the game we had with OSU. That was like something I’ve never seen. As long as its not a kicking contest (I KNOW THIS IS VERY UNLIKELY, ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE) and the Tigers from Clemson come out on top I’m fine.

Jan 7, 2020, 7:21 PM

Burrow really won me over during the Heisman ceremonies. I recognize him to be a high quality young man who represents LSU very well. My hope is that he has a banner night from which he can parlay himself into a 1st round draft pick, but with Clemson outscoring him in a close game that has all the potential to be a classic...perhaps even an overtime one.

Thanks for posting. It should be a great game. There

Jan 7, 2020, 7:29 PM

is definitely one thing we have in common beyond both being Tigers and both calling our stadiums “Death Valley” and that is beating Alabama.

Safe travels to you!

LSU is The Favorite for A Good Reason.

Jan 7, 2020, 7:59 PM

So was Alabama last year.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 7, 2020, 11:30 PM

So about 10 wks ago I saw Clemson and LSU as the best two teams. Burrow has been unreal this year, and it looks like Oliver gets at least half the credit.

I have to admit I underestimated the Yankee Buckeyes who really played with heart and toughness but were done in by coaching in my estimation.

I give LSU a 40-45% chance on Monday - and that is a compliment as Clemson has been the underdog in about 10 of our last 13-14 big games over the last 8 years and lost two (both to Bama).

IMHO LSU is overestimating the ability of your D to stop the Clemson run. I see Louisiana native ETN having a big game and winning the MVP - with 180+ on ground and air. Clemson passing will be fine as well to mix it up. And Burrow will do his damage. The game comes down to B. Venable's ability to throw off Burrow and the LSU run game IMHO. Not stop but confuse. I see Clemson scoring at least 35 and in the 40's if needed. I expect LSU to score 24-28 points and at best blow up to 34-35 but don't believe 34-35 will be enough. If Lawrence needs to score with game on the line, he will.

Clemson D will give up yards between the 20's and tighten up again in red zone. And IMHO Clemson will pick Burrow at least one time. I am sure you and LSU fams see it differently. We'll see how it goes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 8:51 AM

Nela,
Welcome to the site. You've gotten a lot of responses so I'll keep it short. Both of our offenses are prolific scoring machines. I think our BV Defense will slow your offense down more than the vice versa.
Of course, turn overs or special teams could sway the balance in the other direction.

Have a good game. Geaux Clemson !!

Jan 8, 2020, 1:26 PM

I really don't know what to expect. I know the wrap our defense has gotten all year. But in my opinion when they're all healthy and focused they're one of the very best in the country. I think we're ranked 28-30 in total defense but if you look at the teams ranked above is there is a very small handful that may have a legitimate claim to actually be better. LSU had multiple starters miss several games and Orgeron also rested these guys a lot this year so they've been really fresh for this stretch run.

As far as the offense goes we really only had one bad game all year and that was auburn. Even then we left 15 points off the board because we refused to kick field goals when in the red zone and came away empty 5 times going for it on 4th down . Not to say auburn wasn't good defensively because they were easily the best front we saw all year. But my point is we left a lot of points out there. Turnovers and mistakes also killed us that game.

I've said many times there's no way this offense can continue to play at this level and who knows maybe Clemson is the team to slow them down. They certainly look very good defensively in the film I've seen. Should be a great game. Can't wait...

It sounds trite, but I believe will be true in this game

Jan 8, 2020, 9:05 AM

moreso than any other, due to the talent at skill positions. The offensive line that imposes its will on the other defense more wins this game. Too much talent everywhere for that not to be the case. It will almost certainly be one of the best college football games of all time. I would prefer it to be a Clemson blowout like last year, but don't think that will be the case unless we get some big Momentum shifts early.

Well I'm the token nervous nelly on here . . .

Jan 8, 2020, 1:35 PM

On the pro-Clemson side, I'll say this. . . amidst all of the hype about LSU's offense, Clemson's D has gotten lost in the shuffle. It seems to me that this is a good-on-good unit battle (LSU offense vs. Clemson D), but rather than there being a debate or discussion about who will win that face-off, there's been an assumption that LSU will simply get 40+ without question w/ the only remaining point of debate being whether or not Clemson's O can keep up. I think there's a distinct possibility that Clemson's D will do respectably (NOT shut LSU down, mind you), and that LSU's defense will have to "keep up" with Clemson's D - make a comparable number of stops.

Now, that's my objective positive spin. My objective pessimist spin is this - I think LSU's offense has not been over-touted. I think they REALLY ARE all that and a bag of chips. I hope Clemson's D rises to the challenge, and I certainly think it's possible, but I'd be lying if I also didn't admit that LSU's offense just might be as unstoppable as it looks.

So, it's a hard call, but I'm worried!!!

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic