Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU Neck cheer.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,539

LSU Neck cheer.

Jan 16, 2020, 9:41 PM

Until I read this board a few minutes ago I had never heard of the neck song or the cheer that goes with it. Did a little research (aka google search "lsu neck cheer.") Learned more than I wanted to.

Here is one link. https://710keel.com/turns-out-the-lsu-band-didnt-play-neck-at-the-national-championship-game/

LSU administration has the spin that they didn't play the song associated with the cheer. They played a different song and the fans just put the same profane words to that song. They claim they have banned the song because it brings about the cheer.

I guess people can believe whatever they want. Some people believe that OJ didn't kill Nicole. Some people believe the world is flat. Some people believe there is no God.

I watched the video that included Joe Burrow was joining in, though not verbally, in the celebration. I find it impossible to believe it was just a coincidence and the band had no idea what was going to happen when they played that song.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU Neck cheer.

Jan 16, 2020, 9:45 PM

We gonna break that ole neck nex year , ya hear

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 10:07 PM

No one will see LSU in the CFP playoff next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 16, 2020, 9:56 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 10:05 PM

Same here only I have not and will not research it. I dont care to know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 10:13 PM

Heyyyyy hohhhe.... bout to be 7 and 5 bltch!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

administration is a joke...

Jan 16, 2020, 10:14 PM

I haven't discussed this with any of them, but I have several friends who are LSU alum who I know would be ashamed of this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately seems to be the way of USA is headed these

Jan 16, 2020, 10:49 PM

days... Even Clemson has some folks that add vulgarity to the end of our C-L-E-M-S-O-N Tiger Rag cheer. Pisses me off more than I can say. What's disappointing is this appears to be more than just "students" participating in this vulgar LSU chant. Apparently a lot of these folks think it is socially acceptable to do this at a public sporting event which is truly sad because it is an unfortunate reflection of the society we are becoming - one that embraces the ugly and vulgar.

Before some wiseguy on here accuses me of being a snowflake - I'm no shrinking violet by any means, nor am I a stranger to cursing (done quite a bit of it myself in the Army), but a public football game attended by families ain't the time or place for it.

As a society, we are becoming more and more crass, with no sense of propriety or shame. Imagine how our grandparents would view such behavior - I imagine the vast majority would be appalled beyond words at what is happening in the general public today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 10:55 PM

I was at the game and I know what the Neck song sounds like. I actually like the song with the big brass band sound, but the chant is low class.

Their Admin can spin it however they want, but the LSU Band played Neck and their fans did their little chant. Then they played another song later on that I did not recognize and the fans did their little chant again to that one too.

The Neck song caught on this season for some reason as I heard several bands playing it live and on TV. FSU played a version of it in DV this year and UVA played a similar version of it at the ACC Champ Game. Of course neither FSU or UVa provided any chants.

Jan 16, 2020, 11:55 PM

A little history about this song.

The Origin of 'Neck': How Cameo's hit became an HBCU band anthem - HBCU Gameday
https://hbcugameday.com/2019/12/30/cameo-neck-hbcu-marching-band-starts-norfolk-state-spartan-legion/

Jan 17, 2020, 8:20 AM

The administration also said that OBJ was handing out fake money. They are either clueless or flat out lying!

Jan 17, 2020, 9:15 AM

They can’t even play the Tiger Rag anymore because of their low class fans...

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,539
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic