Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU Defense past 3 games.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

LSU Defense past 3 games.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:24 PM

*From sicboy on tigerdroppings*

LSU's passing D, last 3 games:

"A&M: 11-34 (32.7%), 97 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 2.9 ypa, 38.7 passer rating

UGA: 20-43 (46.5%), 225 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 5.2 ypa, 88.9 passer rating

Oklahoma: 16-34 (47.0%), 225 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 6.6 ypa, 96.7 rating

quote:
Total: Total: 47-111 (39.6%), 547 yards, 1 TD, 6 INTs, 4.9 yards per attempt, 73.2 passer rating

The number one passer rating defense in the country coming into today was Clemson's at 92.81.

LSU's passing defense is on a different level right now.

quote:
LSU's rushing D, last 3 games:

A&M: 26 att, 72 yards
UGA: 25 att, 61 yards
Oklahoma: 28 att, 97 yards

Total: 79 carries, 230 yards, 2.9 ypc, 76.7 ypg

Over season, would rank 3rd nationally in YPG and 5th in YPC

Hottest defense in the country, vs run and pass

Remember that those numbers vs Oklahoma was against the top ranked offense (or #2 since we had all of 1 yard more on offense going in).

But we need difference makers on defense."

Do y'all really think our defense is as bad as the stats show early in the season? We are finally healthy, EVERYONE is healthy. We were without half of our defense for most of the season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU Defense past 3 games.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:26 PM

Time will tell.

I think the LSU defensive season stats are inaccurate...

Jan 2, 2020, 2:28 PM

or maybe there was a typographical error somewhere, because you clearly have the best defense in the country.

#lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Def think yalls defense has improved, but we can be a different animal than them 3, we are way more balanced. Look for a great game IMHO

those three offenses were not the best at passing. Hurts is still Hurts and Mond was not a good passer this year. Uga. relied on their defense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

go back and check it on the 14th***

Jan 2, 2020, 2:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

O no

Jan 2, 2020, 2:30 PM

We scared. Lmao

This is a different animal.

Tell em, coot!***

Jan 2, 2020, 2:30 PM

Re: Tell em, coot!***

Jan 2, 2020, 2:40 PM

9 big differences between the others and Clemson!!

Receivers: Running Backs:
Higgins Etiene
Ross Dixon
Rodgers
Overton
Nagata
Ladson

Last but not least coming in at #9

The Real Deal and only Proven QB in Championships, that will be on the field the 13th.

Mr.(to all to fake tigers) TL Trevorrrr Lawrence!!

Re: Tell em, coot!***

Jan 2, 2020, 2:52 PM

If LSU fans watched the same Trevor Lawrence we did and might I add we played much, much stiffer competition, OU was not good period. They should be seriously wondering how they can actually stop him, lmao, good luck with that. A cannon for an arm, faster than OSU’s entire defense (proven), 6’6 220.
LSU is doomed. Natty #4 is coming back too the real Death Valley baby!!!

Jan 2, 2020, 2:31 PM

Ohio st defense is better the LSU i would say. Not sure LSU seen a offense that’s just as good as there own. That’s what Clemson could bring a offense equal to LSUs

wow, I never thought I would miss playing Bama

Jan 2, 2020, 2:32 PM

their fans were never ever this desperate for affirmation.
I mean, stats and everything.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THEY AINT PLAYED NOBODY PAAAWWWLL!!***

Jan 2, 2020, 2:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 2:36 PM

Let me get this straight.

A&M has Kellen Mond, who outside of one game in 2018 has been one of the most average QB's in the country. A&M's season was effectively over after having lost 4 games. 0 chance to win the SEC West. I'll use the old SEC excuse that 'A&M didn't want to be there'

UGA has one of the most basic offenses in the country. Fromm can't hit the broad side of a barn. Fromm was also missing his leading wide receiver. UGA still somehow managed to score 10 points. Remember UGA only scored 17 points against UofSC. UGA has averaged less than 30 points a game this season vs P5 teams.

OU scored 28 points, which is about the average which they have scored over their prior 4 games leading up to the playoff showdown. Everyone know's Hurt's isn't known for his ability as a passer.

I'd put more stock into LSU's other November performances against Ole Miss and Alabama. Both of those teams put up a lot of points vs LSU and this Clemson offense is much, much better than both.

These past 3 defensive performances by LSU are giving you a false sense of security. Let me remind you that none of the teams you have played this season have an RB as good as Etienne paired with a QB as elite as Lawrence.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:40 PM

I will use the same argument for Clemson’s slow start vs OSU was because of their schedule as Oklahoma has not played a team like LSU all season and was unprepared for their Defense, which is obviously good.

And Clemson, after midway through the 2nd qtr until the end of the game, outscored OSU 29-7 whom was being considered by some to be the best ever all around team. It’ll be a good game, can’t wait.

Oh, and Clemson’s Death Valley had the nickname first.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:41 PM

Ya know, 2018 Alabama said the same thing... but they were averaging MORE points across the season and their defense was better.

We beat them by 28

So basically, only one of the three teams you played had an offensive pulse. (OU)

To put this into perspective, Wake Forest, UNC, Boston College, Louisville, AND Florida State all have a better offense than Georgia.... and then you have Syracuse then TAM.

Clemson's entire division (save Nancy State)... the weakly Atlantic is far stronger in total offence than most of LSU's "best" performance.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:42 PM

Imagine giving up 225 passing to Jake Fromm. I couldn’t imagine

Jan 2, 2020, 2:44 PM

By comparison, Fromm had 295 yards and 3 interceptions vs UofSC.

So is UofSC's defense better than LSU?

Jan 2, 2020, 2:51 PM

I do think the most recent games are the most relevant in analyzing defense. I also think the game was out of hand for most games including UGA and OU so its really hard to get much useful insight. Its just fan-speak until we see who scores the most or gives up the least amount of points - whoever does will likely win the game (Ohio State being the exception haha)

Jan 2, 2020, 2:56 PM

All three of those teams are Garbage. History / Schedule does not matter. You are playing the Champs.

Jan 2, 2020, 2:59 PM

Those 3 teams offenses are not even in the same universe as Clemson's, SEC is way overrated, at Clemson best is the standard:
Last 29 games Clemson 29-0 cumulative score of Clemson 1298 Bad Guys 358

I will just let the game in New Orleans do the talking.
Flashback to a very big moment in Clemson history Deandre Hopkins & Tajh Boyd leading Clemson to a victory over LSU in the Peach Bowl

Jan 2, 2020, 3:02 PM

Rumor is Dabo will go hurry up again and catch them off guard. He wants 101 offensive plays!

Jan 2, 2020, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU Defense past 3 games. ]

OMG! Wait, is that Clemson in a bowl wearing white pants... my nearly 5 year old can't even image it.

Jan 2, 2020, 3:01 PM

Peeps, we gotta realize LSU's defense is pretty good. Not Ohio State good, but good nonetheless.

Forget the full season stats. Their D is healthy, rolling and playing better than ever.

That said, our offense should be able to move the ball well enough. We just have to be efficient and close the sale on drives.

Jan 2, 2020, 3:28 PM

Honestly this is the mindset most Clemson fans should have. I think Oklahoma had a top 10 offense. I'm not sure why people are trying to discredit what they did this year. Bama I think, offensively, is better than Clemson. I personally believe Clemson is between bama and Oklahoma offensively. I've watched several Clemson games and I am well aware of how good they are. I feel like the average Clemson fan on here hasn't watched many LSU games this year though. Hell just go watch a Joe Burrow highlight video if you are doubting his ability in any ways. The kid is UNBELIEVABLY good. I think this will be a somewhat of a shootout, where LSU gets back to back stops and pulls ahead by 10-14 points in the back end of the second half.

Bama better than clemson offensively?

Jan 2, 2020, 3:30 PM

Jan 2, 2020, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU Defense past 3 games. ]

Honestly this is the mindset most Clemson fans should have. I think Oklahoma had a top 10 offense. I'm not sure why people are trying to discredit what they did this year. Bama I think, offensively, is better than Clemson. I personally believe Clemson is between bama and Oklahoma offensively. I've watched several Clemson games and I am well aware of how good they are. I feel like the average Clemson fan on here hasn't watched many LSU games this year though. Hell just go watch a Joe Burrow highlight video if you are doubting his ability in any ways. The kid is UNBELIEVABLY good. I think this will be a somewhat of a shootout, where LSU gets back to back stops and pulls ahead by 10-14 points in the back end of the second half.

Jan 2, 2020, 4:22 PM

LOL. Comparing Clemson's passing attack to 3 teams that don't have very good passing QB's. Great analysis.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They really aren't, but you keep at it slugger.***

Jan 2, 2020, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU Defense past 3 games. ]

Jan 2, 2020, 3:04 PM

So wait...your claim to fame is:

A) Kellen Mond, who has been a mediocre QB that Clemson held to 3 points for 59:54 of their game, and only allowed 1 TD in the last 6 seconds in garbage time in a drive using their 2nd stringers?

B) UGA, who has a 34th ranked SP+ offense, and lost at home to a 4-8 South Carolina while South Caroline played half the game with their 3rd string QB

and

C) Jalen Hurts, a guy that's never scored more than 1 TD on a Clemson defense unless unaided by a defensive pick in opponent territory (you do know 2017, the game was 10-6, until 2 defensive picks, right)? He only had 2 TD's in that game, 1 aided by a defensive pick in Clemson territory.

That's what you have as your proof??

Jan 2, 2020, 3:23 PM

Over the last five games,

Clemson has held its opposition to 19.8pts lower than their average for that span.
LSU has scored an average of 52.8pts/game during that span.
Therefore Clemson should hold LSU to about 52.8-19.8=33 pts.

LSU has held its opposition to 5.17pts lower than their average for that span.
Clemson has scored an average of 47.2pts/game during that span.
Therefore LSU should hold Clemson to 47.2-5.17=43 pts.

That's my prediction: Clemson wins 43-33.

Jan 2, 2020, 3:38 PM

Your math sucks, look who those 3 teams played over their last 3 games. Not really easy defenses lol.

Jan 2, 2020, 4:08 PM

a LSU fan telling a Clemson fan that their math sucks, LSU fans still use Sesame Street to improve their math skills
https://youtu.be/otqJRuWuZzM

Jan 2, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU Defense past 3 games. ]

That's solid figuring .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 2, 2020, 4:08 PM

If a team plays 3 very good defenses back to back, their average offense if going to be significantly lower over that span.

Jan 2, 2020, 3:27 PM

That is only because you have not played Clemson yet.....all that will change (for the worse) on Jan 13th Bud......because none of those teams had a guy named T Lawrence playing for them......Go Tigers!!!!!

Jan 2, 2020, 3:27 PM

UGA #51 scoring offense (even the 4-8 coots shut them down)
TAMU #62 scoring offense

Not impressed

Jan 2, 2020, 4:18 PM

I left out, OU plays in a conference with zero defense. Of course their offensive stats are good. OU getting smoked at the end of the year is as automatic as sunrise.

What daheyull is a tigerdroppings and why should we care?***

Jan 2, 2020, 3:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 2, 2020, 3:56 PM

Does Trevor Lawrence , Travis Etienne , Tee Higgins , Justyn Ross , Amari Rodgers , Deandre Overton or Joe Ngata play for any of those teams you had success defending the pass on ?

If the answer to my question is NO , then broseph ....Ya'll in trouble .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 2, 2020, 4:12 PM

Does Joe Burrow, Jamar chase, Justin Jefferson, Terrance Marshall, Thad Moss, or Clyde Edwards-Helair play for any of the teams you defended the pass on?

Jan 2, 2020, 4:20 PM

I'm not the guy creating a false narrative by comparing 3 pork chops to a T-Bone .

Clemson's going to win the game , but I hope y'all give it a good show because lord knows what will be said if we dominate the SEC champions in back to back nattys .

You think they'll still say we don't play anybody ?

DB23

Jan 2, 2020, 4:23 PM

he's comparing 3 Chevy Cobalt's to a Ferrari

Jan 2, 2020, 4:42 PM

How incredible were your last 3 games?

Jan 2, 2020, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU Defense past 3 games. ]

How incredible were your last 3 games?

Pro tip - a stupid post doesn't get smarter just by

Jan 2, 2020, 4:44 PM

posting it twice. Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Pro tip - a stupid post doesn't get smarter just by

Jan 2, 2020, 5:05 PM

This site absolutely despises my phone, sorry. I will click post and nothing happens. My loading bar doesn't pop up nothing. So I click it again and it sends 2...

I have only heard of 2 of those guys, Burro and Jefferson

Jan 2, 2020, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU Defense past 3 games. ]

Do the rest of the people you listed play for LSU too?

Jan 2, 2020, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU Defense past 3 games. ]

No, but these were:
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/8
#3 Justin Fields (held to 23 pts)
#10 Sam Howell (held to 20 pts)
#16 Chris Reynolds (held to 14 pts)
#41 Jamie Newman (held to 3 pts)
#47 James Blackman (held to 14 pts)

Your top 50 are?? Tua (held to 41 pts while injured)..Kyle Trask (held to 28 pts, with over 300 yds) and Hurts?? That's it??

Jan 2, 2020, 5:55 PM

The OP in this thread is such flawed analysis it doesn’t deserve a substantive response-
So I won’t bother with one -
The idea of comparing a 3 game sample to a season of data is absurd by any mathematical or logical measure...

Whatever helps you LSU folks sleep at night I guess ...

You have a good team - we expect a competitive game but this isn’t our first rodeo....
Don’t expect our coaches or players to be as overconfident as some of our fan base...

We're DOOMED!

Jan 2, 2020, 4:25 PM

We'll still show up, if that's OK with the great and powerful LSU.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 2, 2020, 4:46 PM

All against 3 world beaters too!! Thanks for all that info!!

no we are doomed ..we should just cancle the game***

Jan 2, 2020, 5:27 PM

Jan 2, 2020, 6:05 PM

This is old crap from the Bayou delusional. I'll respond one last time, then keep LSWho stats off this site:

TA&M - no offense ranked #62

UGA - no offense ranked #50

OU - if anyone was counting on Hurts to not revert back to his old ways was wrong. Cannot pass under pressure and went back to his old habits that cost him his starting job at Bama and still put up 28 on the weak LSU defense.

The LSU defense is going to get exposed by the Clemson offense.

On the flip side, LSU may have the #1 offense but that is based on your starters playing 3 to 5 more series per game than the Clemson offense. 87 to 82 offensive TDs is not that huge compared the play time differential.

If you want to post something informative, tell us how many times LSU played 70+ players in a game, how many games did LSU play over 100 players, and which game did they play 5 QBs??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic