Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU Band Playing During Clemson Snaps
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

LSU Band Playing During Clemson Snaps

Jan 17, 2020, 7:38 PM

Something that drove me crazy during the game was the LSU band playing as loud as the could during the Clemson snap throughout the 2nd half but most importantly in the 3rd quarter when we were deep in our own territory and had our backs up against the band and LSU's corner of the stadium. They were generating mind numbing noise and I was on the other side of the stadium. In my opinion, the refs and our coaches let us down by not managing this clear violation of the rules.

The NCAA Football Rule Book clearly states: Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals (NCAA Rule 1-1-6 and UIL Rule 9-2-1-b-5).
PENALTY—Dead-ball foul. 15 yards from the succeeding spot [S7 and S27]. Automatic first down for fouls by Team B if not in conflict with other rules. Flagrant offenders, if players or substitutes, shall be disqualified [S47]. To assist with compliance, consider the following procedures:
• Have the band stop playing from the time the Offense (of either team) breaks the huddle until the ball is snapped.
• Or, in the case of Offenses that do not huddle, have the band stop playing from the time the Center on Offense is over the ball until the ball is snapped.

I did not think I could disdain a team more than South Carolina, but LSU wins out hands down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I concur with a band not being able to play During the snap count.

Jan 17, 2020, 7:58 PM

Oh, how many off-sides did Clemson have. I remember one for sure.

But even at that it’s distracting from the O’s ability to concentrate.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OL communication is important for protection

Jan 18, 2020, 12:07 AM

Changes

It could lead to missed assignments in blocking

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU Band Playing During Clemson Snaps

Jan 17, 2020, 8:04 PM

We noticed it too. Surprised there wasn’t more of a stink raised about it. Very bush league by their band, but expected from that crew.

Rules? Dey don' need no steenkin' rules.***

Jan 17, 2020, 8:14 PM

Jan 17, 2020, 8:18 PM

You are 100% correct concerning the band. I was there and mentioned it to my friend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

things allowed in their home state was surprising

Jan 17, 2020, 8:19 PM

I agree on all accounts.

Our offense was on their band's half and they were playing once the ref declared us able to start, they were playing during the play the entire time. Every snap. I thought that was not allowable but let's just call it like it was-a home game for LSU.

I do not want to discredit their win as they made the plays but for us trying to build momentum and swing the game it was very difficult in there. With a home game they had 70% of fan base covering from endzone to endzone and Trevor had a difficult sound environment. Their band was allowed to play during the entire play. There were several instances in the second half where the clock was kept running when Ross went out of bounds on a pass play, the clock kept running twice when a first down was made and it was supposed to stop. Again when trying to come back, the 4th quarter video was Garth Brooks Baton Rouge that ignited the crowd and the video played by the "neutral" site was all LSU highlights (they will say they played Clemsons highlight video more than halfway thru 4Q when game was out of reach). Overcoming all of these home field advantages and the referees that were horrible and turned the second half into several instant replays, ejections and other stoppages was just too much. In every facet they just kept putting more in front of us to overcome.

But regardless of scoreboard, when our QB was still taking treatments on the Saturday and Monday prior from the Ohio St game and was trying to play his guts out and ETN was still pouring his soul out for every yard, and Simmons was all over the place on defense, I was so proud of our Tigers fight in that environment, with all of that to overcome, against a very good team that was on a roll. Not disappointed at all in the heart of our Tigers but the College Football Playoff needs to find out how to keep "neutral" sites really neutral.

a neutral site would have still had the low class LSU band

Jan 17, 2020, 9:10 PM

and fans

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I remember noticing that during the broadcast....

Jan 17, 2020, 10:08 PM

It was strange because in every other game I watched this season, I never heard the band playing as the ball was snapped like that.
Maybe they do that on a regular basis since it means more, or whatever?

they just cheat more

Jan 18, 2020, 12:09 AM

I know that’s the truth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 10:38 PM

So happy to see aREAl conversation about what I felt was REAl legitimate complaints regarding the "neutral" site! Yesterday I asked the many posters who told people to "move on, we lost etc..." to please stop telling us what to do, and I got several nasty replies. I felt that a lot of people over-reacted to the whining of O4-0 state. I am glad to know the facts from people who were there!!! I believe that Dabo has a bigger target on his back now and we are the only ones who can stand up for ourselves.

Jan 17, 2020, 11:18 PM

I see you're a new member. Welcome to tnet. You'll learn quick that's tnet. Not much tolerance for anyone that may post a perceived negative post. Put your orange glasses on and always love Clemson and always degrade negative posts and you'll be loved by the masses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo should have paid attention and

Jan 17, 2020, 10:53 PM

stopped it. Maybe too busy helping Elliott call those god awful plays about that time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 12:31 AM

The great thing is we may not see them back for a long while.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 18, 2020, 1:25 AM

I guess it’s all about perception because when LSU had the ball in the 3rd quarter Clemson’s band was playing pretty much right up until the snap but I just chalked it up to LSU’s tempo.

I sat next to the Clemson Band..

Jan 18, 2020, 1:14 PM

You are wrong!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 18, 2020, 1:54 PM

Noticed it as well.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1