Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU (Meh) So What!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

LSU (Meh) So What!

Dec 30, 2019, 2:41 PM

As I predicted at the beginning of the season (GOD AND FRED WHITE) are my witnesses, we are playing against LSU for the National Championship. Here's why we have an 80% chance of winning it all this season and the next two seasons.

1. Based on the metrics of Ohio State, the two best teams played this past Saturday in Arizona. In fact, give Ohio State credit where it's due. They fought hard and were by far the most complete team at every phase of the game that we will face this season or post season.

2. Schematically, UNC, Syracuse, Virginia, and Ohio State will present a tougher challenge for our defense because they run a spread with tempo and disguise their plays by showing one formation and running a totally different play using a blocking scheme that matches up well against our 3-4 or 3-5 set. However, during the Ohio State game we ran a 4 man front and didn't win too well in the trenches at the point of attack. We did better at the later part of the game because we have depth more so than Ohio State.

3. LSU runs a Power I and Wild Cat formation based offense and they have for some reason abandoned the smash mouth style this year. This means that Burrows will be facing our secondary this season and we have some great DBs, Corners, and Safeties. This is not going to end well for Burrows if our front can get penetration and our LBs can bring pressure off the edge.

4. LSU's defense doesn't even come close to Ohio State or even Virginia. Heck, UNC has a better defense. Several lack lustered teams were able to score at least 20 points on them. In fact, half of their schedule did. There won't be a tougher offense that they will face. If Oklahoma had a defense worth a hoot, they would have probably had a chance to beat LSU.

In short, if Clemson shows up ready to play then we will stomp them into the ground.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: LSU (Meh) So What!

Dec 30, 2019, 2:53 PM

Don't know if the Cavs and Heels have better defenses than LSPU. But I do know that Clemson does, by quite a bit as a matter of fact.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 2:53 PM

Your post is very intelligent and insightful. I see you’ve really thought this through and done your homework. I’m looking forward to a great game. Your post game melt is going to be epic.

Almost reads like a little back-handed slap. lol***

Dec 30, 2019, 3:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU (Meh) So What! ]

83 posts in 36 hours. Someone needs a personal life.

Dec 30, 2019, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU (Meh) So What! ]

I can't wait to see Cookie Monster Orgeron melt down after the game.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Dec 30, 2019, 3:33 PM

LSU runs a Power I and Wild Cat formation based offense

Absolutely!
Nailed it! Are you a team scout, by chance?

Burrows

It's Burrow, btw.

Dec 30, 2019, 3:46 PM

NC Tigah said:

LSU runs a Power I and Wild Cat formation based offense

Absolutely!
Nailed it! Are you a team scout, by chance?

Burrows

It's Burrow, btw.

Burrow/Burrows/Burreaux, doesn't matter, our Tigers are going to Bury, Berry, Bureauxy him in the back field and catch a great many of his passes to take the ball the other way.

~Chesty Puller

Dec 31, 2019, 10:54 AM

Pretty funny!

Dec 31, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU (Meh) So What! ]

Right- after an INT or 2 he won't be so quick to throw 50/50 balls while on the run like I've seen him do repeatedly

Dec 31, 2019, 11:54 AM

50/50 ball = hail mary

Sounds about right.***

Dec 31, 2019, 11:51 AM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic