Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone seen this stupidity?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Has anyone seen this stupidity?

Jan 3, 2020, 6:57 AM

A letter issued by Dylan Moses’ father regarding his son’s claim that he’s returning to Bama for his senior season. Pulling a Lee Corso “not so fast my friends”. What’s tool.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has anyone seen this stupidity?

Jan 3, 2020, 7:05 AM

What a Crimson Maroon

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 7:07 AM

I had not, so thanks for the share. There have been a few oblique references to the ‘crown’, ‘kings’, and etc. here - that were not so flattering. From this, it appears my faith and confidence in tnet to root out, expose, and indict idiocy and buffoonery whenever and whereever it should raise its ugly head, has once again been validated.

What a moran....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 3, 2020, 8:44 AM

Could be a joke, could also be some reference to English law. Lloyd's of London - which issues those loss-of-value policies - is an English firm, and the trust in question might have been set up in England.

Or the Moses family is just really weird. Still trying to decide.

Legal Maneuvering

Jan 3, 2020, 7:21 AM

Here's what I think happened...

Dylan Moses decided that Dylan Moses wanted to return for another year of football at Alabama; and, being an idiot, decided it would be a good idea to post his decision to social media immediately.

That move alone basically voided that Loss of Value insurance policy. Had he said nothing, he would have had a valid claim and probably collected some cash. Whatever the difference is between the 10th pick in the draft and the 30th pick in the draft would be my guess as to the size of the claim, but the policy would have certainly spelled out the criteria for determining the claim size.

His father, being an attorney, is now trying to do whatever he can to salvage the situation and still have an insurance claim.

I have no idea what the references to king or royalty mean. That's just weird.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also...

Jan 3, 2020, 7:27 AM

In addition to the weirdness about being royalty, his dad also says the insurance policy is with "Lords of London." I'm guessing that he meant Lloyd's of London, which is an actual insurance company. But with Dylan being royalty and whatnot, maybe he really had a policy with the shadow organization for kings, Lords of London?

The whole thing is just odd.

Re: Also...

Jan 3, 2020, 7:38 AM

Come on now you’ve never heard of Lords of London? The great Canadian band from the 60s with such great hits as The Popcorn Man and Cornflakes and Ice Cream? It was probably pretty natural for them to transition to the insurance industry.

Re: Also...

Jan 3, 2020, 7:43 AM

Man, Popcorn Man is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES! EVERY time that Staples commercial comes on with that playing - I want to get up off the couch and start moving!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I think he meant “Lords of Flatbush”

Jan 3, 2020, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Also... ]

He doesn’t know that he doesn’t know.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LORDS OF LONDON??? COULD IT BE??? POSSIBLY?

Jan 3, 2020, 8:10 AM

Something tells me that the attorney who drew this up imagines himself and others as "Sovereign Citizens". It's hilarious to imagine that someone who grew up in poverty is of royal lineage. Anyway, I need me a policy from Lords of London for the Oculus that is hoisted in construction behind the West End Zone… Anyone care to put me in contact with their agent?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: LORDS OF LONDON??? COULD IT BE??? POSSIBLY?

Jan 3, 2020, 8:15 AM

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Jan 3, 2020, 10:07 AM [ in reply to LORDS OF LONDON??? COULD IT BE??? POSSIBLY? ]

Danny Kanell said on XM this morning that his dad is an attorney - which makes this all the more inexplainable.

All I can think is that this whackjob family has watched Coming To America one too many times.. Probably goes around calling himself Jaffy Jafer, King of Zamunda..

Jan 3, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to LORDS OF LONDON??? COULD IT BE??? POSSIBLY? ]

I am represented by his cousin's firm, the Werewolf of London.

They are much more aggressive in the negotiation phase. And have a reputation of not being in a hurry to pay back any defaults.

Oh, and every 28 days or so... All he!! breaks loose around the office.

Go Tigers!

Lords of London.."every son has a choice..." LOL

Jan 3, 2020, 8:39 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8U2pP7c-Cg

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 8:51 AM

does he protect Moon Pies also?

That attorney is on the same intelligence level as

Jan 3, 2020, 8:57 AM

Todd Ellis.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying but

Jan 3, 2020, 9:57 AM

it seems to me that dad is chastising his son(Royal Crown) for making a social media announcement without discussing it with his family/attorney. I see the "Lords of London" as most probably an auto-correct or simple typo. If there is such an insurance policy there could be substantial loss of value damages to be paid between average 1st round money and average 2nd round money. The Imperial Offspring(what I used to call my youngest when he got a little to full of himself) took any negotiating leverage away from dad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe I'm oversimplifying but

Jan 3, 2020, 10:16 AM

It's not as simple as declaring that you would have been a first round draft choice before the injury and a second round choice afterwards. Those type of policies are vert difficult to collect on and the reason a number of pretty good players do not have them. Of course some do. I am pretty sure that the fact that some talking head, like Todd McShay, said that they were going to be a first round pick is not sufficient. I also think that the insurance company would rely heavily on the medical evidence that his knee would not be as good as it was before the injury. If it is as good, then I think they would try and make the case that there is no valid reason that his draft stock should be diminished.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic