Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Antifa to be found, Trump lies again.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 516

No Antifa to be found, Trump lies again.

Jun 6, 2020, 11:38 PM

"Rather than outside agitators, more than 85% of those arrested by police were local residents. Of those charged with such offenses as curfew violations, rioting and failure to obey law enforcement, only a handful appeared to have any affiliation with organized groups.

Those charged with more serious offenses related to looting and property destruction – such as arson, burglary and theft – often had past criminal records. But they, too, were overwhelmingly local residents taking advantage of the chaos.

Social media posts indicate only a few of those arrested are left-leaning activists, including a self-described anarchist. But others had indications of being on the political right, including some Trump supporters."

https://apnews.com/20b9b86dba5c480bad759a3bd34cd875

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Antifa to be found, Trump lies again.

Jun 6, 2020, 11:41 PM

That’s weird. I remember a couple of guys on this board claiming the rioters were antifa and (get this) skinheads. I #### you not. All those alt right up in Minneapolis were causing the problems-according to a couple of people on here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2020, 11:46 PM

found the link that had antifa responsible. I honestly don’t know what to believe.
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/More-Antifa-for-those-interested-1996165

Jun 7, 2020, 12:31 AM

Oh I'm sure there were some Antifa, Proud Boys, The Clan...but just not very many of them and not in the same place.

Nowhere near the number Trump tried to make out.

Jun 7, 2020, 1:12 AM

I’m confused. Originally you said no antifa were found and now you’re saying you’re sure there were antifa?

Jun 7, 2020, 1:21 AM

Hey quozzel, this OP is saying antifa wasn’t found to have participated in the riots... what say ye?

Jun 7, 2020, 6:26 AM

I saw some posts indicating at least some DisruptJ20 was there. They're known to be a particularly militant subsect of Black Bloc.

What they did, how active they were, and how much they were responsible for in Minneapolis I have no idea; it'll probably take awhile before the full scope becomes known. If you look at that photo in the post I made - which I think was at Berkeley in 2017 - what they were obviously doing in that photo was breaking storefront windows and getting looting started. Were they doing that stir-the-pot stuff in Minneapolis? Maybe. Probably. That would seem like their M.O.

It's hard to believe Antifa would just be sitting on their hands with so many people out on the streets right now. Chaos is kind of their element. They would definitely perceive this as "their time".

LOLutz....

Jun 7, 2020, 8:06 AM

"No Antifa to be found" - Felix2

A few poasts later....

"Oh I'm sure there were some Antifa..." - Felix2

Would Antifa fall under "left-leaning activist?" I thought they would. So if they only arrested a few of them, and there were very few arrests, wouldn't that mean there were a whole bunch of them there? And how exactly are they determined to not be Antifa? Did they ask them for membership cards, or were they not wearing their Antifa jersey? Just curious.

Re: LOLutz....

Jun 7, 2020, 8:18 AM

ClemsonZJ said:

"No Antifa to be found" - Felix2

A few poasts later....

"Oh I'm sure there were some Antifa..." - Felix2

Would Antifa fall under "left-leaning activist?" I thought they would. So if they only arrested a few of them, and there were very few arrests, wouldn't that mean there were a whole bunch of them there? And how exactly are they determined to not be Antifa? Did they ask them for membership cards, or were they not wearing their Antifa jersey? Just curious.

It's hard to say. The fact is "Antifa" is just a catch-all for some loosely allied groups you'd probably have to be an activist hipster anarchist to fully understand. They're also de-centralized and have no actual leader, so good luck finding the mastermind and arresting him. They're not built that way. That also means each little subsection does its own thing its own way.

A lot of Antifa is actually peaceful. Even Black Bloc shows up just as a show of force sometimes just to show they can and doesn't do anything, like they did in Charlottesville the year after the first rally; they let it be known they were looking for a fight and the neo-Nazis and white supremacists - who have tangled with Antifa enough times to know Black Bloc will fight them on the streets - realized it was going to turn into a stain and (wisely) stayed away.

The problem is there's a lot of them, especially in the more militant groups, that fits the profile of a lot of anarchist groups over the years: thrill-seeking, nihilistic, has a bad case of the I-Hate-Most-Everybody's. Those guys (and girls!) are looking to start stuff and they exasperate a lot of more peaceful activists because the peaceful ones are trying to make a statement and hey, right behind them there's this idiot throwing a brick through a window.

there is no part of antifa that is peaceful. holy shiite

Jun 7, 2020, 9:25 AM

thats like saying, there are parts of white supremacists are peaceful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there is no part of antifa that is peaceful. holy shiite

Jun 7, 2020, 11:06 AM

xtiger said:

thats like saying, there are parts of white supremacists are peaceful.

That is not true, sorry.

I have no love for Antifa - witness my multiple posts here - but there's so many different groups and philosophies under the Antifa umbrella I gave up even trying to make sense of them all. It's just this bewildering grab-bag of far-leftist philosophies and doctrines and a lot of them just utterly confuse me...or I'd start reading some manifesto and my eyes would start glazing by the second paragraph. They're weird, whatever.

And some of them do espouse violence - though I can't find any that espouse open murder - but there's a lot of debate within their ranks as to whether or not violence is an acceptable or productive strategy.

They're also a lot more of a "movement", not any kind of organization, which is why the idea of hunting them down and eradicating them is so problematic, and a lot of their "members" - also a loose term - drift back and forth between various movements, a lot of which don't have anything to do with Anti-Fascism. For instance "Black Bloc" itself isn't any sort of formal structure, just more of a cattle call, and various folks with sympathies in that direction will mobilize if they around...and if they feel like it. And they dress in "Bloc" so they can identify each other while hiding their identities.

There's no membership cards, no formal structure. They're kind of the opposite of neo-Nazis that way. (Skinheads are utterly tribal.)

Bull crap, then how do they all know

Jun 7, 2020, 12:53 PM

To come out for events, meet up with molatov cocktails and bats, all together at the same.events?

How do they know to meet up and March together and blow #### up?

They are organized but great at stealth organizations. They all have a system on how to escalate things at peaceful protest. That doesn't come from no organization

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bull crap, then how do they all know

Jun 7, 2020, 2:00 PM

xtiger said:

To come out for events, meet up with molatov cocktails and bats, all together at the same.events?

How do they know to meet up and March together and blow #### up?

They are organized but great at stealth organizations. They all have a system on how to escalate things at peaceful protest. That doesn't come from no organization

I misspoke. They're organized, to a point. They just aren't hierarchical. And they have no defined leadership structure. Every time the press - which is very fascinated by these guys - tries to say: "hey, we wanna talk to Antifa's leadership", they hear crickets chirping.

The whole point of anarchists is, they aren't joiners, not for lifetime commitments, anyhow. My observation of them is they have almost zero tribal affinity. Dealing with them is exactly like herding cats. If they're interested, they show up, sometimes with rapt and predatory attention. If they aren't, they don't show up. But "obedience" is a file that's not really on their hard drive, if you follow.

Re: LOLutz....

Jun 7, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: LOLutz.... ]

Careful there, give Felix a bit of a pass...he is fact-averse and prone to make up anti-Trump Shyt, his specialty. He knows not what he doesn't know, which makes him a perfect LIBERAL...in the mold of Hellary, Obama, Pelusional, Cryin' Chuck, Mad Maxine and everybody's favorite liar: Adam Schitt...

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rioters were left extremists, right extremists, gangs, ...

Jun 7, 2020, 9:31 AM

street criminals and even some caught up in mob mentality.

I am not surprised by this combination. Seems silly to try to designate all rioters from one group ___ other to say their actions made them all criminals.

The first natural human reaction when something bad...

Jun 7, 2020, 10:08 AM

happens is to find someone to blame it on. If you follow politics closely that likely influences which group, people or person you examine for blame. The temptation to expand the blame overwhelms many thus, 'These riots are all Trump fault.' Or perhaps since Antifa has been a problem for two or three years, 'It's all Antifa's fault.'

That is not how I assign blame. Anyone who damaged or defaced property which did not belong to them is guilty of a crime, vandalism. Anyone who took property from another is guilty of robbery. Anyone who harmed another is guilty of battery.

Anyone and everyone who broke a law should be held accountable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 2:23 PM

They are loosely organized to stay under the radar of law enforcement. You need to understand they don’t carry ANTIFA membership cards or have ANTIFA name tags.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 516
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic