Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So App States last game against a ranked FBS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So App States last game against a ranked FBS

Sep 10, 2015, 3:08 PM

school was VaTech in 2011 and they lost 66-13 and we supposed to be skeered?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So App States last game against a ranked FBS

Sep 10, 2015, 3:16 PM

Not saying it will be a game, but you can't look at a score from 4 years ago. Look at Clemson's last game of the 2010 season that happened in January 2011 against West Va. Clemson is a much better team. That being said Clemson wins at least 49-17.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone is talking about the fact they beat Michigan

Sep 10, 2015, 3:21 PM

10 years ago. What's the difference?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone is talking about the fact they beat Michigan

Sep 10, 2015, 3:23 PM

6 years....... ;)

It was 8 years ago ...

Sep 10, 2015, 3:44 PM

... and makes absolutely no difference today. We were a scrappy FCS team with a fast offense. Michigan was big, slow, and unprepared. It was one of the best games I've ever attended. I screamed so much that talking wasn't possible for hours after the game. Nothing can take away the fact that App beat a Michigan team that was ranked #5 before the game started.

That said, nothing can replicate the amazingness of that day either. Yes, App beat Michigan in 2007. No, it has no bearing on the game to be played in Death Valley on Saturday.

Today we're FBS with 22 more scholarships for football than we had in 2007. Our recruiting is more solid than it was in the FCS. We're still a SunBelt team - G5 not P5.

Clemson should win this game. On paper, there's no way App wins. Of course, the game will be played on the field rather than on paper. That's why they play.

Is it Saturday yet? I'm ready for some football!

The reason you are playing is for a paycheck

Sep 10, 2015, 3:49 PM

not to see who is going to win.

I like App St. I love Boone. We will roll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL..."should"...lol

Sep 10, 2015, 5:16 PM [ in reply to It was 8 years ago ... ]

You misspelled "absolutely will".

It doesn't really matter how many more scholarships you now have or how much more solid your recruiting is today compared to 2007.

At the end of the day, App State simply cannot match Clemson's talent, size, or speed and it's really just that simple.

You may think you can but you'd be wrong because the simple fact of the matter is , if that was the case, those players would be playing at a Power 5 school rather than App State.

This isn't 2007, we're not Michigan and, this isn't the Big House (thank Gawd). It's 2015 and your playing Clemson in the REAL Death Valley. Just don't take the a$$ whippin' you're about to receive personally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LOL..."should"...lol

Sep 10, 2015, 5:53 PM

Guess you missed my comment about App still being a SunBelt team ...

Unlike some App fans (or, I dare say, some Clemson fans), I have a firm grip on reality. If Clemson doesn't win by 21+, the shame is on Clemson. Clemson should win the ACC and be vying for a playoff berth this year. App was projected to be 4th in the SunBelt. That's a huge difference.

Regardless of the outcome, I'll enjoy the game. It's a college football Saturday in the South. There's nothing better than that!

Re: LOL..."should"...lol

Sep 10, 2015, 6:02 PM

I would be even happier if they are able to rest some starters late in the game. I am more than willing to sacrifice margin of victory for lack of minutes to our starters before a Thursday away game (Thanks schedulers)
And besides, Let's not hate on the App St Fans. Had the pleasure of hanging with them when I was stationed in Chattanooga and they played in Back To Back Natty Title games there. Good folks, and an enjoyable bunch. Now let's go bash them all silly. :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of it will have any bearing on Saturday's game***

Sep 10, 2015, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Everyone is talking about the fact they beat Michigan ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So App States last game against a ranked FBS

Sep 10, 2015, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: So App States last game against a ranked FBS ]

that was the last game of the 2011 season and happened in jan 2012. The last game of 2010 we lost to S. Fla

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They used to beat Wake Forest in Winston Salem regularly

Sep 10, 2015, 3:49 PM

Wake quite playing them.

I'll hang up and listen to your comments

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

We are not Wake Forest. Wake is 14-7 against App St.

Sep 10, 2015, 3:55 PM

wins against wake 15 plus years ago don't mean much today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are not Wake Forest. Wake is 14-7 against App St.

Sep 10, 2015, 4:13 PM

You don't say, eh?

Wasn't comparing us to Wake - my comment was in reference to the Plyler thread

Was just trying to stir the pot a little

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

And after this year, CU will be 63-17 vs. WF

Sep 10, 2015, 7:50 PM [ in reply to We are not Wake Forest. Wake is 14-7 against App St. ]

Why does that keep sounding familiar?

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And after this year, CU will be 63-17 vs. WF

Sep 10, 2015, 9:13 PM

Could be a good omen for nov...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They must have been scared of Logan Thomas' height***

Sep 10, 2015, 3:53 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic