Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ref bias - fumble at goal line and Pitt TD called back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,903

Ref bias - fumble at goal line and Pitt TD called back

Nov 13, 2016, 1:42 PM

On the fumble at goal line and Pitt TD overruled on replay...two sides to this one -
If refs weren't biased then it would have been called a TD to begin with. The other side is replay overturned the fumble call and took away Pitt TD on a replay that had questionable "irrefutable" evidence to overturn the call. I found myself unsure if ball crossed goal line because view was blocked and it took the combination of two camera angles to think "probably" and that was a huge 14 point swing.

Bad calls by refs are like water and level out eventually. I can assure you the Pitt fans think they got shafted on that replay overrule, and that may have been the biggest call by the refs in the whole game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ref bias - fumble at goal line and Pitt TD called back

Nov 13, 2016, 1:44 PM

And the late hit on the Pitt player was pretty equal to the call on Boulware.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Chump said he needs your help in draining

Nov 13, 2016, 1:55 PM

the swamp.

Nov 13, 2016, 1:58 PM

The replay showed that Wilkins' butt caused the fumble, and he was in the endzone.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: How many time do you have to cross the line with it?***

Nov 13, 2016, 2:03 PM

Nov 13, 2016, 2:05 PM

All I know is that one of the first things a Pitt alum friend or mine said was "there were several questionable calls that kept our drives going". Don't get me wrong Clemson lost the game and it is completely responsible for that loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Do you know what the word "indisputable"

Nov 13, 2016, 2:09 PM

..means? Gallman INDISPUTABLY crossed plane before the ball came out. That's the sole reason it was overturned.

You're going to need to do much better of you're trying to say the Boulware and Wallace calls evened out.

Re: LOL. Do you know what the word "indisputable"

Nov 13, 2016, 2:36 PM

How many unbiased articles you want to see where writers said the same thing I did? It was "probably" a TD, but was the evidence enough to overturn?
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/12/13610578/pitt-clemson-final-score-results-2016

Re: LOL. Do you know what the word "indisputable"

Nov 13, 2016, 2:54 PM

I don't care how many of you coots show up today on Tnet to try to back your boy in blue.

The writers are going to also do all they can to maintain the so-called 'balance' and integrity of the game.

Bottom line is that your boy in blue did all he could to change the outcome of the game. In the end, he was as effective as he had to be

Lmao at the author of that article....

Nov 13, 2016, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL. Do you know what the word "indisputable" ]

Did you read it? He says Gallman's was "probably" a TD but he's concerned whether there was enough evidence to overturn the incorrect call on the field?????? What kind of stupidity is that??The purpose of review is to get the call correct.....and speaking of review---he doesn't even mention the instance where play was stopped after the snap to have a review

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 2:36 PM

LMAO...you just went full ratard. Never go full ######.

The replay showed complete indisputable evidence that Gallman stretched the ball out wit his arms and it crossed the goal line...then his hands went down to the ground, then the fumble happened. All it has to do is cross the plane....and it definitely did.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,903
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic