Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson’s strength of schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Clemson’s strength of schedule

Dec 11, 2018, 4:05 PM

was closer to UCF’s than Alabama’s. A lot closer actually. Only 7 spots higher as a matter of fact.

For those of you who claim nobody outside of the top 4 belongs in a playoff.....

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/29/17795292/college-football-2018-strength-of-schedule-week-14-rankings

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirby's holding up one finger for every game they lost.

Dec 11, 2018, 4:06 PM

lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

And the final rankings agree. That’s why we’re in the CFP and they aren’t.***

Dec 11, 2018, 4:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson’s strength of schedule

Dec 11, 2018, 4:17 PM

Gamecocks beat 2 teams with winking records and you y’all sbout SOS.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 4:19 PM

Winning

Dec 11, 2018, 4:25 PM

If UCF wants to be considered for the playoffs in the future, they need to accept Florida's offer to play a 3-game set (2 in Gainesville, 1 in Orlando).

UCF appears to think Florida's offer is beneath them. It is not. UCF needs to understand its lot in life.

Serious coot....ahem, guess you don't want to look at ESPN??

Dec 11, 2018, 4:26 PM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/playoffPicture

Re: Serious coot....ahem, guess you don't want to look at ESPN??

Dec 11, 2018, 4:44 PM

Now now 78, lets not let a little thing like facts get in the way ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proof on how stupid the stats are.***

Dec 12, 2018, 11:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yet your team still got curb stomped by them.

Dec 11, 2018, 4:30 PM

What coop does that put your dirtpeckers in?

Dec 11, 2018, 4:50 PM

I have a couple of things to say:

1) Watch the games, nerd!

2) Notre Dame ain’t played nobody!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What color is the sky in your world...

Dec 12, 2018, 12:18 AM

or is it impossible to tell with your head stuck so far up your a$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: What color is the sky in your world...

Dec 12, 2018, 8:50 AM

Look y’all can get mad all you want. The point of this post was not to bash Clemson, but to show the people on this board who claim we are one of the few teams “worthy” of going to the playoffs how delusional they are....

Dec 12, 2018, 9:02 AM

Hey ########. Per ESPN, our SOS is 14 and UCF's is 71. It's not close and the playoff rankings reflect that.

BTW, for all the #### lovers like yourself. The coots are only 5 spots ahead of us. This is because they get to play the #2 team in the nation in their last game, and we had to play a lowly unranked crap team.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 10:13 AM

That’s not ESPN, that’s team rankings.

The ratings I posted use more advanced metrics than team rankings which basically just goes by team record.

Clemson #14 UCF #71

Dec 12, 2018, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: What color is the sky in your world... ]

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Like I already said they only have themselves to blame for not beefing up their schedule. Even you can come up with a better troll post than this.

Massey .Ole JCoot just uses whatever fits his agenda.

Dec 12, 2018, 9:13 AM

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/ncaa-d1/ratings

Re: Clemson #14 UCF #71

Dec 12, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Clemson #14 UCF #71 ]

“For not beefing up their schedule”

Well they did schedule two ACC teams, one of which they beat the snot out of. I think that same team went on to play for the ACC title.....

Re: Clemson #14 UCF #71

Dec 12, 2018, 10:22 AM

Again, maybe they should try to beef up their schedule. Putting a P5 team that sucks on your schedule just to say you beat a P5 team doesn’t cut it.

We definitely did not play the 14th toughest schedule

Dec 12, 2018, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Clemson #14 UCF #71 ]

Somewhere between the 47 from ESPN and 76 from S&P+ is much more accurate.

LOL. These are not SOS rankings

Dec 12, 2018, 11:05 AM

These are something SB Nation calls "Resume S&P+ rankings" and this article comes with a 2 page explanation on how to figure out what they mean. So basically this is some stat that this writer created.

Re: LOL. These are not SOS rankings

Dec 12, 2018, 11:20 AM

SOS rankings are listed and part of the formula.

It also says the ratings do very well against the Vegas spread every week.

Re: LOL. These are not SOS rankings

Dec 12, 2018, 12:45 PM

ahem...they seem use ESPN's SOS/SOR ratings...FYI.

Re: LOL. These are not SOS rankings***

Dec 12, 2018, 12:57 PM

Dec 12, 2018, 6:23 PM

You know, these, that I posted earlier I notice you won't reply to....that's what the committee mostly uses.

Dec 12, 2018, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL. These are not SOS rankings*** ]

BTW, if that really confuses you, explain why they discuss records vs teams with a winning record (i.e. SOR)....that's exactly what they said about Clemson last year, and part of why Clemson kept staying at #2 this year, coot.

Dec 12, 2018, 7:35 PM

This has nothing to do with Clemson. This is about people claiming there are only 4 teams worthy of playing for the nations title.

try not reason - she doesn’t know how to troll

Dec 12, 2018, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL. These are not SOS rankings*** ]

or is she factual. there were only a few teams worthy and two did not make it cause you can’t lose 2 games and you can’t get crushed by unranked. she’s always dead wrong and is clueless. literally has no idea how to troll. only 4 worthy - and they’re in it. sos does not matter, ucf does not matter, etc etc

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

SoS and Resume S&P+ are different

Dec 12, 2018, 1:25 PM [ in reply to LOL. These are not SOS rankings ]

Our resume S&P+ is #2. Our SOS according to S&P is 76th.

Pretty sure we already made the playoff

Dec 12, 2018, 12:41 PM

What does your point prove ?

Fake news ... look at sagarin***

Dec 12, 2018, 1:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 1:20 PM

Really going to need to put you on suicide watch if Clemson wins the National Title this year. You might litterally jump off a bridge. You want so badly for Clemson to be invalid, irrelevant, and "weak". Sad thing is you're wrong on so many levels almost every time you post.

You seem to be one of the ones who think Clemson wouldn't survive the mighty SEC schedule. Give Clemson Alabamas schedule, I'd wager my years pay they lose at most 1 game in the regular season and that's a big maybe. LSU @ LSU was the only game where I don't think Clemson would have a talent advantage at almost every spot. I'd still take Clemson to go undefeated up to the SECCG though bc LSU has no QB. UGA and Bama are the only teams complete enough to beat Clemson this year. Now please point to Syracuse where the starting QB went down the backup senior stirred up a bunch of drama on the way out the door, there were several injuries on the outside of the QB and the team still won with a guy who got almost no reps in practice leading into that game at the most important position on offense. If Clemson were in the SEC the recruiting would be insane, the main reason kids don't go to Clemson is because they'd rather play in the SEC. Imagine all those 5 stars that had Clemson as second to UGA or Bama and only went that way bc of the conference they played in. Clemson in the SEC would ruin college football. Be glad you can beat your chest about the SEC(while losing any important games) and point to a "weak" Clemson schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 12, 2018, 3:10 PM

I think Clemson would do just fine in the SEC.

Dec 12, 2018, 1:30 PM

you will continue to see many TDs in your future when you keep posting this type of stuff...

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make your plans yet for the "not worth playing in" bowl?

Dec 12, 2018, 1:41 PM

Coots gonna coot...LOL

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meanwhile your chickens didn't beat anybody...***

Dec 12, 2018, 3:00 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 3:19 PM

This loses ALL credibility with 4 loss Mississippi State at 5 and 4 loss Mizzou at 7. SEC bias is strong here, I guess that is why OP uses it.

Our SOS would suffered by playing SCAR***

Dec 12, 2018, 5:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They lost 2 games!!!!

Dec 12, 2018, 6:26 PM

Get!
Over!
It!

Besides, who wants to see yet another Georgia-Bama game? Bama would beat them again.

Dec 12, 2018, 9:22 PM

The issue with all of this is it does not account for when a team has called off the dogs. Clemson plays its backups us a ton and early. Many of the games could have been humiliating blowouts for the other team, but Dabo pulled off. (Until they decided they wanted to fight again. Yes I am talking to you Muschump and Paul Johnson). Have the brains to realize when a coach has decided to take it easy on you.

Thus, yes watch the games nerd and understand what the coach is doing.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic