Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Hecklers beware: Seth Beer lets his bat do the talking as legend grows
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Hecklers beware: Seth Beer lets his bat do the talking as legend grows

Apr 6, 2016, 1:05 PM

Hecklers beware: Seth Beer lets his bat do the talking as legend grows

Clemson’s freshman sensation added another highlight to his freshman season Tuesday night in Athens, swatting a monstrous solo homer in the eighth inning to tie the Tigers’ game with Georgia at 6-6. Clemson went on to win 11-6 in another critical midweek matchup, and Beer was once again in the middle of everything, going 2-for-3 with three RBIs to lead Clemson’s 11-hit attack. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David, Heath Quinn goes to Samford, not Stanford.

Apr 6, 2016, 1:14 PM

Just an FYI.

Nice article though.

If you sit in the outfield

Apr 6, 2016, 1:25 PM

and you don't heckle the opposing outfielder nearest you, you aren't doing your job.

Re: If you sit in the outfield

Apr 6, 2016, 1:30 PM

Left-fielders for opposing teams that come to Clemson have the pleasure of being in front of the student section. Some of the stuff I heard out there was hilarious, including one outfielder being repeatedly asked if he had a Facebook page until he broke down and started nodding yes.

Right Fielder gets to deal with the Cheap Seats

Apr 6, 2016, 1:46 PM

and Cajun Cafe. That might be worse.

In the mid 90's we sat behind the 3rd base dugout

Apr 6, 2016, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: If you sit in the outfield ]

and heckled nonstop. Sang the batgirl song and marched the opposing team batters back when they struck out, right before the old men punched them out when they hit the dugout. We even got the USCjr 3rd base coach so mad, he came into the stands and almost got into a fight (I guess he didn't appreciate being called Jenny Craig for 3 hours... to be fair, he was kinda fat).

Those were the best days....

Re: In the mid 90's we sat behind the 3rd base dugout

Apr 6, 2016, 9:57 PM

Me too. Remember when Tooman came in the stands after DT

The sound off the bat is pretty incredible.***

Apr 6, 2016, 1:49 PM

Seth's bat is quite verbose!***

Apr 6, 2016, 2:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO...a Moonshot...suck it UGA***

Apr 6, 2016, 2:05 PM

Re: LMAO...a Moonshot...suck it UGA***

Apr 7, 2016, 8:16 AM

congrats....it's been a while since Cu has beaten us in any sport.

Re: LMAO...a Moonshot...suck it UGA***

Apr 7, 2016, 8:23 AM

Ands it been a while since UGA has been relevant in any sport.

I was there. I've never seen a hit like that in my life.

Apr 6, 2016, 2:27 PM

Even UGA fans were laughing/shaking their heads. It just felt like a different kind of homerun.

I was one of only a handful of Clemson people on the 1st base side. The view of that ball going out of the park was almost confusing. As soon as he hit it, like the instant he made contact I started screaming. I had some things I yelled at the frats in right field too.

Great experience.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is one of the coolest feelings in sports-when you know

Apr 6, 2016, 2:39 PM

the ball is gone immediately on contact.

Beer's had 3 or 4 of those already. The one against BC in the 10th comes to mind. The entire crowd knew the game was over and started celebrating 5 seconds before it actually was.

Similar to Sammy being 20 yards in front of everybody else on the way to the end zone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that is one of the coolest feelings in sports-when you know

Apr 6, 2016, 2:44 PM

How long does a baseball player have to wait before they go MLB? We need to hold onto beer for as long as we can

he's not eligible until after his junior year to be drafted

Apr 6, 2016, 2:47 PM

similar to NFL football draft. We have him for 2 more seasons unless he transfers to another school.

He cannot go pro for 3 years once he opted for school.

Re: he's not eligible until after his junior year to be drafted

Apr 6, 2016, 2:52 PM

IF ANYONE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THE KID THEY WOULD KNOW THAT HE CAME TO SCHOOL BECAUSE HE FELL IN LOVE WITH CLEMSON. HE COULD HAVE WAITED TILL THIS SUMMER AND ENTERED THE DRAFT. WE ARE GETTING THESE SILLY QUESTIONS FROM PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW SETHS STORY OR THE NCAA RULES. ONCE AGAIN IT IS EASY TO SEE HOW OBAMA GOT ELECTED TWICE.

Apr 6, 2016, 3:34 PM

What does the Obama correlation have to do with anything Beer and the Tigers have done so far this season? Maybe you should ask Trump to be his 1st Coot Lady. This coming from a non Obamaian!

Apr 7, 2016, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Re: he's not eligible until after his junior year to be drafted ]

deroberts : "the voice of reason"

Apr 7, 2016, 8:40 AM

hey, a man who gets it. lol

Re: that is one of the coolest feelings in sports-when you know

Apr 6, 2016, 2:44 PM [ in reply to that is one of the coolest feelings in sports-when you know ]

How long does a baseball player have to wait before they go MLB? We need to hold onto beer for as long as we can

Re: New Story: Hecklers beware: Seth Beer lets his bat do the talking as legend grows

Apr 6, 2016, 2:35 PM

That HR looked like it got shot out of a BB gun.

Hey batter batter Hey batter batter SWING***

Apr 6, 2016, 5:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Hecklers beware: Seth Beer lets his bat do the talking as legend grows

Apr 6, 2016, 11:25 PM

I acknowledege all of the fun kids have heckling players and having a good time at the game, even if it is Georgia. But "hello," he had been walked and hit twice. Throw the freakin ball to him and then talk junk.

The camera didn't pick it up, but when he hit it...

Apr 7, 2016, 7:36 AM

he stood and watched it. Wasn't trying to show up the pitcher at all. I think he was amazed at how far it went, too.

We have a GOAT in football and a GOAT in baseball. Now we need a GOAT in basketball. Now before the Fred Cone fans lay into me, can we agree that they're the greatest in the last 50 years?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Beer has a ways to go to top Khalil Greene***

Apr 7, 2016, 8:26 AM

Half a season does not a career make, but...

Apr 7, 2016, 9:38 AM

Let's compare freshman statistics so far:

Stat Beer Greene
BA .430 .358
SLG .935 .526
OBP .538 .436
HR 13 8
RBI 37 69
AB/HR 7.2 34.3

Beer is blowing out Greene statistically. All he has to do is keep pace to have a HOF career.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Half a season does not a career make, but...

Apr 7, 2016, 11:01 AM

That's the scary part. He's go 2 more years to get even better. Greene had a great career here but everything tells me that Beer is looking to even have a better career as a Tiger. It's great to see the baseball team play more relaxed that in the past. Let the season continue and see where it goes. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also consider the bat difference.

Apr 7, 2016, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Half a season does not a career make, but... ]

Beer's bat is a clear disadvantage.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Hecklers beware: More humorous responses

Apr 7, 2016, 2:02 PM

1. Travis Storrer, former Clemson outfielder, who was a Georgia batboy as a kid, owned Georgia as a Tiger: After the right field crowd continued to heckle Travis, he calmly tossed a ball up to the crowd. Written on the ball in black magic marker, "I OWN UGA" - pretty ballsy if you ask me.

2. Kyle Parker, playing against UCF in Orlando: Tommy Bowden had made a comment that Kyle looked good in a baseball uniform. In a veiled attempt at humor a UCF smart*ss in the crowd yelled out, "Hey Kyle you look real pretty in those tight pants." Parker immediately launched a ball over the left field fence that is still being tracked by the space station. Needless to say, there was no further mention of how Kyle looked in his pants for the rest of the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the best heckling moments I remember

Apr 7, 2016, 7:28 PM

Was last season when UGA came to Clemson. UGA didn't have names on their jerseys. Their LF was wearing number 7, so some fans looked up the roster and started calling him the corresponding name. He eventually turned around and said "that's not my name". Turns out whoever it was was wearing a different number for some reason. I went on Twitter and found his real name, so everyone was able to resume heckling, but I still chuckle at that

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic