Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Brother of Clemson LB gets Clemson offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Brother of Clemson LB gets Clemson offer

May 15, 2017, 2:02 PM

Brother of Clemson LB gets Clemson offer

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Brother of Clemson LB gets Clemson offer

May 15, 2017, 2:26 PM

So how do we have room for him if we are taking Henry and XT?

May 15, 2017, 2:41 PM

Because the coaches know things we have no clue about. Sit back, relax and watch the show????

I like his size but...

May 15, 2017, 2:41 PM

...watching first couple of minutes of film, all I see is arm tackling. Would rather have someone that is more instinctively aggressive. Arm tackling won't work at next level.

Re: I like his size but...

May 15, 2017, 2:44 PM

Yeah, I don't like the sound of this. I hope I'm wrong. Trying to get two 4-stars and now we offer a 3. Sounds like the coaches do know something and its not good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2017, 2:45 PM

smfh at you guys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Past hilarious that these people take themselves seriously.***

May 15, 2017, 3:01 PM

May 15, 2017, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I like his size but... ]

OMG, the sky around Clemson Nation is beginning to fall again right on course for some of our fan base!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to I like his size but... ]

Wow! I'll alert Dabo immediately.

May 15, 2017, 7:06 PM [ in reply to I like his size but... ]

Uh , arm tackling works quite well on QB's in the pocket . I wouldn't judge him too
critically at this point .

May 15, 2017, 2:53 PM

May not be a commitable offer at this point but if we were to miss on some guys then he may get an opportunity. Also could be a greyshirt or preferred walk on possibly

Please,please

May 15, 2017, 3:30 PM

Let Dabo know immediately that this guy doesn't meet your standards. It's obvious that our coaches have no idea of talent. Even his bloodline stinks. I remember his father. Apparently you don't.

Re: Please,please

May 15, 2017, 5:22 PM

> Let Dabo know immediately that this guy doesn't meet
> your standards. It's obvious that our coaches have
> no idea of talent. Even his bloodline stinks. I
> remember his father. Apparently you don't.

His dad was an absolute animal.......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2017, 5:58 PM

???? he was a beast from what I remember too!

May 15, 2017, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Please,please ]

Man we are really limited with scholarships this year. We have none to waste this year. Micah Parsons is out there. We know about KJ Henry. Why not offer Wynn a scholarship instead if Henry is out? I go with the bloodlines thing but the Davis twins have never shown us anything. I thought we were past these 5 heart offers.

Lighten up Francis

May 15, 2017, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Please,please ]

sheesh

Re: Lighten up Francis

May 15, 2017, 11:03 PM

His film doesn't measure up to Henry's. The reality of college football is that the better players stay three years and are going pro. The ones who graduate and don't become a starter transfer to another school. Wait and sign a high 4 star or 5 star player next year.

Re: 3 star is fine.

May 15, 2017, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Brother of Clemson LB gets Clemson offer ]

If I am not mistaken Wayne Gallman was a 3 star and smoked the guys coming in ranked ahead of him. Vic Beasley came in as a 3 star running back, our coaches made him a first round DR. Renfrow didn't even have a star when recruited, and caught the natty-winning pass.... bowlware, too little for power 5.... until our coaches prove otherwise I would support them bringing in anyone at this point. Pretty sure their philosophy is proving to be quite sound.

May 15, 2017, 3:48 PM

I'm hoping this is walk on offer or something bc you can't tell me the coaches see something in him as a DE they didn't see in Wynn Jr. I watched his film he's ok and wouldn't be bad for Scout team but I DO NOT want this to be one of our schollys in the 18 class with limited numbers. I would rather give Wynn the shot at DE any day b4 I take this kid. I want Henry over all of them but no way this kid is caliber of some des like Wynn we have turned down this cycle!! I trust our coaches but I can't for the life of me understand what they can see in him over others we were/are going after! Walk on is fine but other than that no thank you I know that's bad and it's not bc he's a 3 star bc I want Jeffries who is 3 star in a lot of services but has great offers and looks great on film! This guy not so much. I understood going after the lesser TE bc he has huge upside but coaches have totally lost me here!!!

May 15, 2017, 4:05 PM

Our dumb a$$ coaches may like him at LB. good size. Can't have too many

actually 85 is the roster limit. we CAN have too many***

May 15, 2017, 4:13 PM

Re: actually 85 is the roster limit. we CAN have too many***

May 15, 2017, 5:56 PM

Naturally I was speaking about linebackers. Comprehend?

somewhere is too full

May 16, 2017, 11:23 AM

are Justin Foster and Logan Rudolph still DEs considering the haul of this year's class? longer term, but is Mascoll going to be a LB for us? just looking at strictly LBs next year and we have 10 on the roster. that doesn't even include players like Baylon Spector or Isaiah Simmons who will be playing nickelback and seeing a lot of LB snaps

May 15, 2017, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Brother of Clemson LB gets Clemson offer ]

YOU DEFINITELY SEEMED LOST FOR SURE.

May 15, 2017, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Brother of Clemson LB gets Clemson offer ]

> I'm hoping this is walk on offer or something bc you
> can't tell me the coaches see something in him as a
> DE they didn't see in Wynn Jr. I watched his film
> he's ok and wouldn't be bad for Scout team but I DO
> NOT want this to be one of our schollys in the 18
> class with limited numbers. I would rather give Wynn
> the shot at DE any day b4 I take this kid. I want
> Henry over all of them but no way this kid is caliber
> of some des like Wynn we have turned down this
> cycle!! I trust our coaches but I can't for the life
> of me understand what they can see in him over others
> we were/are going after! Walk on is fine but other
> than that no thank you I know that's bad and it's not
> bc he's a 3 star bc I want Jeffries who is 3 star in
> a lot of services but has great offers and looks
> great on film! This guy not so much. I understood
> going after the lesser TE bc he has huge upside but
> coaches have totally lost me here!!!

6-5 and 240 with a big frame. Perhaps he would agree to move inside where Wynn wanted to play DE. Otherwise I am telling you the coaches know more than you and have a plan

May 15, 2017, 5:53 PM

Really the coaches know more than me? Really I didn't know that. I said I trust our coaches but don't see what they see over other DE and this kid will not move to DT hes not big enough. Can someone express how they feel without being told the coachs know more and blah blah I get that. But you don't always have to agree with the coaches. I said has nothing to do with him being a 3 star there are a lot of 3 stars in the NFL not my problem with the recruit. It's what I see in his film on why I don't want him in this class. Nothing on that film shows me something we couldn't get in other players we have turned away or quit going after! If we weren't workin with limited numbers then it's no big deal tbh plus the kid not moving to DT unless he adds 60 pounds.

May 15, 2017, 6:30 PM

> Really the coaches know more than me? Really I didn't
> know that. I said I trust our coaches but don't see
> what they see over other DE and this kid will not
> move to DT hes not big enough. Can someone express
> how they feel without being told the coachs know more
> and blah blah I get that. But you don't always have
> to agree with the coaches. I said has nothing to do
> with him being a 3 star there are a lot of 3 stars in
> the NFL not my problem with the recruit. It's what I
> see in his film on why I don't want him in this
> class. Nothing on that film shows me something we
> couldn't get in other players we have turned away or
> quit going after! If we weren't workin with limited
> numbers then it's no big deal tbh plus the kid not
> moving to DT unless he adds 60 pounds.

If you had simply asked what the coaches in him then the responses would have been different. You did say to trust the coaches but the rest of your post inferred why you don't trust the coaches and how this young man was not worthy of an offer. My guess is you did all of this based on recruiting rankings and a two minute YouTube video

May 15, 2017, 9:42 PM

I meant if the coaches believe in him and he signs then I trust what they are doing they have got us this far not the type to turn on coaches or act like I know better I just meant and prob should have worded better I don't understand what they see in him over other recruits we were going after. Watching his film compared to others I just can't see it and was giving what I thought. If they sign him they see something I don't and that's why I'm a fan and they are coach I just don't agree with it but trust or coaches have clemson football being great as their #1 goal obviously lol

May 15, 2017, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Brother of Clemson LB gets Clemson offer ]

And actually no I didn't look at his ranking and watched about 15-20 mins of film on hudi amd wasn't impressed compared to others out there my opinion. I don't care about rankin or stars the DT I want the most is a d*%n 3 star in Jeffries and have liked him b4 we offered amd were showing interest but he has impressive film compared to other high 4 star and 5 star guys

PLEASE contact the coaches before it is too late. Maybe

May 15, 2017, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Brother of Clemson LB gets Clemson offer ]

they can relieve some of your concern and anxiety and might shake them into realty. Good luck!

Sounds like a future Tiger. Good news*****

May 15, 2017, 4:45 PM

Grey Shirt maybe? *****

May 15, 2017, 4:47 PM

Did the coaches even check his star rating before

May 15, 2017, 4:47 PM

offering?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man I remember this other 3 start guy we signed

May 15, 2017, 4:57 PM

And played a DE. He sucked! I think his name was VIC BEASTLY do you guys 'member how much he sucked. The coaches must be crazy!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My appologies for making a truthful observation

May 15, 2017, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Did the coaches even check his star rating before ]

CHALLENGE: Watch entire video and mark a time when this guy PUNISHES the ball carrier with his helmet or shoulder pads. The upside...he won't get penalized for targeting.

This doesn't mean that defensive coaches can't coach this guy up, but there's other recruits (regardless of stars) that have comparable size, speed, but already have a mean streak.

We're not desperate for DE's...we already have two great verbal commits (that come with mean streak) and possibly a third with K.J. Henry. Who among us would rather have Upshaw at the expense of Henry?

Re: My appologies for making a truthful observation

May 15, 2017, 5:56 PM

Exactly but the coaches know more as half the ppl on here would say. I agree with you 100%

I have a funny feeling it will all work out.*****

May 15, 2017, 6:19 PM [ in reply to My appologies for making a truthful observation ]

May 15, 2017, 6:40 PM [ in reply to My appologies for making a truthful observation ]

I agree 100 percent.

May 15, 2017, 7:33 PM

hahahahaha - again with the funny

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Did the coaches even check his star rating before

May 15, 2017, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Did the coaches even check his star rating before ]

It's not about the star ratings. We are going to sign 17 at most. Salyer,Carman,Hill,Jeffries, Eagles,Ross,Adams, and Henry are the big targets. Jeffries is a three star kid with great offers. Wynn wants to play defensive end and is a better player. Have we reached out to decommitted Micah Parsons? Are we going to sign a running back? I would offer him a preferred walk on based on who we want in front of him. He looks good but he's not the instant impact player a year from now.

Re: Did the coaches even check his star rating before

May 16, 2017, 10:23 AM

> It's not about the star ratings. We are going to
> sign 17 at most. Salyer,Carman,Hill,Jeffries,
> Eagles,Ross,Adams, and Henry are the big targets.
> Jeffries is a three star kid with great offers.
> . Wynn wants to play defensive end and is a better
> player. Have we reached out to decommitted Micah
> Parsons? Are we going to sign a running back? I
> would offer him a preferred walk on based on who we
> want in front of him. He looks good but he's not the
> instant impact player a year from now.

How do you know Wynn is a better player? Apparently the coaches don't think so.

Come be GREAT young man, you'll look good in orange!!

May 15, 2017, 5:19 PM

Go Tigers!!!!!!

May 15, 2017, 6:39 PM

Are we still the favorite for KJ Henry? If so this offer makes no sense. He fits a preferred walk on no doubt. If Henry is still ours to lose, you don't take. 3 star over a 5 star.

May 15, 2017, 7:56 PM

Now I know why I prefer the night time crowd on T-net. Some of you are b-holes with your comments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wake us when a coot has a comment that makes sense.***

May 15, 2017, 8:20 PM

Re: Wake us when a coot has a comment that makes sense.***

May 15, 2017, 8:28 PM

We laugh at offers like this when the other schools make these offers. We are an elite program and better than this. The brother of a walk on? You have to be kidding. Wynn is out there. We know about Henry. Maybe offer this kid if every other de turns us down. Not until then! We don't want Teague but make this offer. I'm mystified. For the experts, is Henry no longer leaning our way?

LMAO at all the internet football experts...

May 16, 2017, 9:51 AM

You do realize that in the last couple of weeks this kid has picked up offers from schools like Wisconsin, Tennessee, Oklahoma and now Clemson... right? Maybe you've heard of them. And maybe you've heard what the coaches at these schools make, like 2 or 3 million a year, right? And these schools all have multiple staff members evaluating talent 24x7x365, and they've all been doing it for many years. And they're all yanking down some serious jack for their expertise...

So I would suggest y'all do one of two things:

1) Immediately fire off your resume to all of the NFL teams and top college programs, because you're obviously underappreciated and languishing in obscurity in your current dipsh!t job. And that's a real injustice.

2) STPHU and go back to searching ebay for collectible Star Wars action figures.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: LMAO at all the internet football experts...

May 16, 2017, 10:14 AM

If getting KJ Henry wasn't a real shot, I would agree with you. Henry can play from day 1. Upshaw is more a long term starter. Go for the blue chip players first then the next level below. Since we won a natty, we ought to be better than Wisconsin or UT. Elite programs think differently than others.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic