Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kyrin Priester thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,547

Kyrin Priester thoughts

Feb 9, 2013, 8:04 AM

Kyrin Priester

6'2 185
4.5 40

My instant impression after watching his highlight film is that he is the more complete receiver between him and Williams. Priester had the advantage of having a very accurate QB over Williams. He is another big bodied WR at 6'2" but will need to add some weight only weighing 185. During interviews he is well spoken and seems to be a very smart individual. Kyrin shows that he is an excellent route runner. He is fast off the line and makes very quick cuts to create separation with the DB which he uses to gain good yardage after the catch.

Kyrin showed the swagger of a veteran wide receiver during his film. He sports a strong pair of hands that he loves to use when snatching the ball right out of the air. He seemed to be a consistent deep threat while running a post or streak route. His post routes looked very similar to Nuk's very potent post routes. If you call his deep routes good than you would have to call his slant routes GREAT. He consistently was able to catch quick slant passes in stride and turn up field for huge gains. He seems to be very elusive in the open field especially on screen plays. I can't say enough of how great this guy is at catching in stride.

If I had to come up with one thing about Priester's film I didn't like, it would have to be the fact that there were not many plays of him catching passes with a DB breathing down his neck. He usually had great separation on the DBs and was able to catch the passes with little interference. I did watch a video one of the CB's Priester went up against posted and saw that when the CB was able to disrupt Kyrin right after catching the ball he dropped a few passes.

My final thought is that I like this guy… A Lot!!! Who am I kidding I love this kid. He was by far the best commit NC State had. It was great to have him flip in the 11 hour. He is a very athletic guy with the tools to really make an impact while he is at Clemson!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kyrin Priester thoughts

Feb 9, 2013, 8:07 AM

What did Jerry Butler weigh? Doubt he topped out at 180 after 4 years.

Feb 9, 2013, 8:24 AM

I am just giving my opinion based on our current receivers. All our receivers that are over 6ft are pushing 200+ pounds.

Feb 9, 2013, 8:31 AM

Good evaluation. Everybody was lighter 35 years ago!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and we had a 235lb. starting right guard back then too.***

Feb 9, 2013, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Kyrin Priester thoughts ]

Feb 9, 2013, 8:36 AM

Great eval man! I've really been impressed with them all. It's nice to hear some really sound talent evaluation rather than the "I hope he's good" that we get oftentimes.

Feb 9, 2013, 9:23 AM

How does he compare to robinson....the one we lost to fla? Why was Robinson initially targeted instead of him?

Feb 9, 2013, 10:33 AM

TJ Green = Derrick Hamilton(He would be the more D Robison type)
Ty Preister= J Brown
K Williams= Nuk but right now doest have the body control or the hand eye tha Nuk has but IDK if any WR in College does.

Feb 9, 2013, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Kyrin Priester thoughts ]

I rather not dwell on Robinson I rather watch film on the guys we got. I am currently deployed and I write these reviews in my spare time

Feb 9, 2013, 10:27 AM

I Have watched alot of film on him. Would say the weak points in his game would be lack of break away speed and doesn't catch the ball well in traffic. If you play him tough he doesnt just out fight you for the ball. This is something that Nuk and Sammy came with and someone like j Brown had to develop. He is very similar to J Brown but prob not as tall.

Priester is ten times

Feb 9, 2013, 11:39 AM

better than jenkins and will be more productive IMO. I also think in the long run Mike williams has a higher ceiling than bud. We have struck gold with these two and moving TJ green over gives the group another tall receiver who can scoot.

How do they block?***

Feb 9, 2013, 12:05 PM

Re: How do they block?***

Feb 9, 2013, 12:17 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I think that is a skill that is overlooked in most highlight films these days. It drives me crazy. Texas signed a receiver that half of his film was him just bulldozing CB's and it was one of the most impressive highlights I have ever seen.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,547
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic