Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kyle Carpenter. Very cool.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,215

Kyle Carpenter. Very cool.

Dec 3, 2014, 10:24 PM

For those that don't know, Kyle is the second American to receive the Medal of Honor while still alive. He basically dove on a grenade and is now a student at USC. Look him up for more information on his incredible story. At Waffle House around 1:30 AM after the SC game my buddy thought he recognized him and and sure enough it was, wearing a Mike Davis jersey. I waited for him to get up to pay and quietly walked over and said sir I just had to come shake your hand. It's an honor to meet you and I hope the people of Clemson have made you feel welcome. He said thank you and I returned to my seat. But what a unique little experience when you'd least expect. And on top of that, minutes after he left, Tajh Boyd and company came in and we said what's up to them too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good job!***

Dec 4, 2014, 3:30 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good job!***

Dec 4, 2014, 6:18 AM

Guys like that make me feel like a small man . Jump on a grenade ? I would like to think I have the courage and fortitude ...but he has proven that he has it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Kyle Carpenter. Very cool.

Dec 4, 2014, 7:50 AM

Small correction. We just had and event at Lexington Medical earlier this fall. Three Medal of Honor recipients were there. Kyle can't be the second to receive the Honor while still alive. Kyle is a great guy though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,215
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic