Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney excited about potential at running back this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney excited about potential at running back this season

Apr 26, 2014, 12:56 PM

Swinney excited about potential at running back this season

Dabo Swinney said that he is excited about the possibilities at running back this season and thinks the Tigers will have a chance to be greatly improved. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Fuller is a DB and Oglesby is a WR .... officially?***

Apr 26, 2014, 1:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent question, sort of the elephant in the room with

Apr 26, 2014, 2:57 PM

regards to this interview. Two very highly rated RB recruits, yet not a single mention of either. Lot's of rumors, but no official word on either. Not sure exactly what it means, but it's no accident they are not mentioned here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Excellent question, sort of the elephant in the room with

Apr 26, 2014, 4:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

true that we have some talent at rb,

Apr 26, 2014, 2:00 PM

but does a coach ever say he doesn't have any talent at rb?.no knock on dabo or our rb's, just sayin.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: true that we have some talent at rb,

Apr 26, 2014, 2:22 PM

I'm not so sure about that. It was the D line he was so hyped about last year!
I think we new they'd be pretty good but Dabo was very high on them. It appears he's singling out the RB's this year.

Apr 26, 2014, 4:45 PM

So you think that you have Dabo figured out do you, good luck with that and all the coach speak!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2014, 7:37 PM

Time will tell. ;)

Apr 26, 2014, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: true that we have some talent at rb, ]

We have a large RB list, but if I was a betting man, and I'm not. But if I was, every dime I have would be put on Adam Choice if he makes it in the rotation this year. But I feel that I can promise everyone, that Choice will end up being the best pure RB that we have had in a many of years. To be exact, I think that we would have to go all the way back to the 80s since we have had a RB that Adam Choice is going to be for us. The Dude is going to be the yard man we have been after for years. Even better than what folks think that Dye is going to be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2014, 9:23 PM

I really love a lot of the guys that I was on campus with in the 80's, Kenny Flowers, Terrance Flagler, Terry Allen, Stacy Driver, Tracy Johnson, Chris Lancaster and a few others that were stuck behind the guys mentioned, but Adam Choice is simply going to have show us that he is better than CJ Spiller... All other backs can't say a word or have a word spoken for them over CJ, they just gotta do it!!

Apr 29, 2014, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: true that we have some talent at rb, ]

I totally agree. Especially with Tyshone Dye injured. Choice is a stud. The rest have yet to prove themselves, and as yet haven't done so. Choice is the choice.

Apr 29, 2014, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: true that we have some talent at rb, ]

Without a physical offensive line that can block for them it won't matter. Do we have that? I'm not sure.

Slumdog... you sir, are a dumbas$.

Apr 29, 2014, 11:04 PM

An uninformed certified coot. OLine will be a strength this year and Gillman, choice, dye and brooks were all top 20 @ their positions.... but unranked Davidson and Fleming may be our two best when all's said and done. Go back to fgf or pay better attention to our team b4 commenting.

Re: Slumdog... you sir, are a dumbas$.

Apr 29, 2014, 11:10 PM

Brilliant comment. It speaks for itself, reflects your level of intelligence and inability to communicate in an
intelligent fashion. And, OMG. here the stupid "coot" accusation again. It never ends with your type.

Apr 29, 2014, 10:40 PM [ in reply to true that we have some talent at rb, ]

Is any one of them ranked in the top 20 nationally? Just wondering.

I don't care who it is but we need

Apr 26, 2014, 2:12 PM

2 guys that can lower their head and run THROUGH people.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I don't care who it is but we need

Apr 27, 2014, 12:55 PM

You mean like Fleming?

Re: I don't care who it is but we need

Apr 29, 2014, 10:57 PM [ in reply to I don't care who it is but we need ]

Yup.

need RBs that can pass block, missed that since Ellington***

Apr 26, 2014, 2:26 PM

Re: need RBs that can pass block, missed that since Ellington***

Apr 26, 2014, 2:49 PM

Hot rod was pretty good at it.

Re: New Story: Swinney excited about potential at running back this season

Apr 26, 2014, 3:45 PM

How about Kurt Fleming??? He's got to be more powerful than all of the guys mentioned! And runs a 4.4. Dabo must be keeping him hush hush. No way he can bench that cat.

Kurt Fleming will be used at FSU first

Apr 26, 2014, 4:13 PM

He isn't even on the roster... HE IS A SECRET... SO IS JAY JAY MCCULLOUGH and DJ READER can also take snaps in the back field.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

I can possibly see Fleming maybe being used some.

Apr 27, 2014, 10:56 AM

Possibly short yardage situations, but I can't see him getting a significant number of carries. Between him and Jay Jay, if either are even used at all in those situations, I think it'll be McCullough. A couple of carries in the waning moments of a spring game is all we've seen of Fleming. He's been playing baseball for several years. He's still an unknown, I think, at this time.

Re: Kurt Fleming will be used at FSU first

Apr 29, 2014, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Kurt Fleming will be used at FSU first ]

Is he as good as rumored?

Apr 29, 2014, 11:07 PM

YouTube Clemson spring game and go to the 1hr40min and 2hr10min marks to see for yourself.

Apr 29, 2014, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Kurt Fleming will be used at FSU first ]

The hype isn't real yet. Haven't really seen any examples of lateral agility. He does look like a freight train when he runs though. Literally any of our RBs could have popped off that 40+ Yarder in the spring game.

Apr 29, 2014, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney excited about potential at running back this season ]

I've heard scuttlebutt about Fleming, a former pro baseball player. From what I hear he is huge, and has tremendous speed. Has anyone heard anything?

Apr 27, 2014, 4:45 AM

A rotation of top running backs like LSU, quick strike capability of Oregon, offensive line like 'Bama, hard nosed defense like 'Bama. I'd say Dabo is dabbling with the perfect combination of all the best teams. This ought to be a good one. Haha lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2014, 11:13 PM

Sounds good to me.

Apr 27, 2014, 4:46 AM

A rotation of top running backs like LSU, quick strike capability of Oregon, offensive line like 'Bama, hard nosed defense like 'Bama. I'd say Dabo is dabbling with the perfect combination of all the best teams. This ought to be a good one. Haha lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just can't see any way Dye is back by August

Apr 27, 2014, 10:47 AM

He tore his Achilles. That's a year long recovery and they are expecting him back by August? August would be around SIX months, and no one way that's happening. If he truly tore his Achilles, he shouldn't ever see the field this season. To many times, we've had some guys rushed back from injury, to the detriment of a lot of those guys. Let him heal up completely. He's got great potential, and can be a great asset to this program in the future.

Swinney is on the record saying after Sept

Apr 27, 2014, 11:28 AM

for Dye to return. That's at least how I remember it. I recall thinking there is almost no chance he is ready by the FSU game. Expect to see him maybe sometime in October.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic