Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU

Jun 23, 2020, 6:31 PM

The West Virginia Mountaineers football program and defensive coordinator Vic Koenning came under the national microscope Tuesday morning. Defensive back Kerry Martin Jr. wrote a lengthy statement sharing allegations of racism and mistreatment by Koenning. Now, the university has responded.
Late Tuesday afternoon, West Virginia announced that Koenning has been placed on administrative leave effective immediately. It also announced it will conduct a thorough investigation into Martin’s claims, per Max Olson of The Athletic.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU

Jun 23, 2020, 6:35 PM

Well, tough coaches beware. Work these younguns too hard and one just might say you’re a racist and get you fired. Looks like players now run the team.

Jun 23, 2020, 6:39 PM

Tardog said:

Well, tough coaches beware. Work these younguns too hard and one just might say you’re a racist and get you fired. Looks like players now run the team.

Or, you can just learn how to be a tough coach without using coded language or actions.

Jun 23, 2020, 6:43 PM

I agree with that. But it’s not hard to imagine some false accusations as a potential. The coach then gets suspended until it’s all sorted out. I expect more of this.

Jun 23, 2020, 6:52 PM

False allegations? That's terrible. No one would ever make a false allegation about racism.
Ever.

Yet even the incompetent FBI that sent 15 agents to investigate the Bubba Wallace lie was able to quickly determine it was yet another fake racism hoax. Oh well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 23, 2020, 7:39 PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2020/06/23/nascar-fbi-details-noose-bubba-wallace-garage-talladega/3245722001/

Did you read the article? No one lied about anything. I tell you, You old white men are so scared of losing your ability to offend women and people of color that you'll back idiots like Mike Gundy or assume that all claims of racism are lies until proven otherwise, even though there is over 400 years of proof otherwise.

Jun 23, 2020, 7:50 PM

“Until proven otherwise?” You mean like innocent until proven guilty? What a novel idea. We should implement that in American society.

Jun 23, 2020, 8:12 PM

All these young men of color are so wise and know that the ideal way to govern is like all the utopias in Africa run entirely by people of color. They are so awesome. If only America could live up to those standards and finally have peace, harmony, and productivity. But all the racist old white men are standing in the way trying to preserve the racist Constitution of the United States. Sad.

If only America could someday be a beacon of hope and so free of racism that people of color would want to flood over our borders and have their shot at life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The terrible way it is now, and has been for 400 years, I imagine only white people have ever wanted to come here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

"You old white men"

Jun 23, 2020, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU ]

And there's the racism, folks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 23, 2020, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU ]

I really hope you aren't as stupid as you type! If so, education was a total waste of time for you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gasp!

Jun 23, 2020, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU ]

Gundy wore a news t-shirt. Don’t worry. Offending people takes literally NO effort nowadays. Coded language, micro aggressions, and dog whistles oh my!

Being white offends people.***

Jun 23, 2020, 8:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

At least

Jun 23, 2020, 8:19 PM

Where they tore down the busts of those notorious racists Ulysses Grant and Francis Scott Key, they spray painted “kill whitey”. I’m glad those responsible stopped dancing around the unspoken. I can respect that.

Message was edited by: TigerJS®

Jun 24, 2020, 6:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU ]

Yessaa mawsta. Pulleez mawsta. Donst ago and whoops us mawsta. Wheezaa be a good from nowsa on.....

Troll

Jun 24, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU ]

Whats funny is using a phrase like 'old white men' isn't racist but if I have used a phrase referencing 'old black men' to lessen another point, it'd be considered racist. That's the BS being pedaled by the liberal media and social media bullies. Sadly, people have bought into it full force and it blows my mind. You using terms like 'coded language' tells me you are knee deep in it as well. I'm in my 30s and not an 'old white man' but I've got enough dang sense to see through the charades of this crap.

Let's not look for racism in everything. Its embarrassing. Its funny, I read an article this morning about our old center, Tommy Sharpe (not sure how old you are but he played in the early 00s) and he referenced how his teammates (black players btw) make fun of him for being barely 6'0 and call him by the nickname of midget. He just laughed it off but I thought...nowadays he could take to twitter and it be a national situation for the coach to respond and and if the race colors were flipped it would somehow be racist and so on. That's where we are and its pathetic.

So quit acting like this world is in disarray from racism when its complete crap. Yes there is racism in the country but it ain't anything like is being claimed by many. And it only makes it worse when people like Bubba Wallace, Lebron James and Michael Bennett make false claims to stir the pot.

Jun 24, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU ]

If racism was happening as frequently as people such as yourself like to claim then you wouldn't have to keep making up (or to be charitable in this case, imagine) examples of it occurring would you?

Jun 24, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU ]

No the problem is the young black men that think they can do what they please. Then when someone stops their lawlessness they are racist. The problem with young people today is entitlement, plain and simple.

and to make it worse he was on cnn last night

Jun 24, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU ]

doubling down on it

Look out, Joey Batson!

Jun 23, 2020, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU ]

I’ll bet there are “nooses” hanging all over the weight room.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rasist handles have the little edges on them

Jun 24, 2020, 6:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to where the FBI called it a hoax?***

Jun 24, 2020, 1:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU ]

Here you go....

Jun 24, 2020, 12:32 PM

https://decider.com/2020/06/23/fbi-says-bubba-wallace-not-target-of-hate-crime/

In case you don't believe that, here's a report from NASCAR:

https://www.si.com/racing/2020/06/23/bubba-wallace-not-target-hate-crime-noose

But the effort to stir the pot continues:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/24/bubba-wallace-responds-to-fbi-findings-on-garage-rope/

Geez-o-Pete.... there's a ghost behind every tombstone.

Jun 23, 2020, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU ]

I agree with that. But it’s not hard to imagine some false accusations as a potential. The coach then gets suspended until it’s all sorted out. I expect more of this.

Jun 23, 2020, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Koenning placed on administrative leave by WVU ]

or they may actually be a f u. c k eng racist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 6:14 AM

Or you could stop carelessly throwing that word around.

Guilty Till Proven Otherwise Nowadays***

Jun 23, 2020, 8:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 9:45 PM

The kids have finally taken over the program. But I hope someone will explain Karma to them. Because when it comes back to you it can be pure he$$. If the clams are false the kid should be banned from college football. After all this kid is trying to ruin a coach’s career.

If this crap starts as much as I love CLEMSON. I will start fishing more Saturday’s. I don’t need college football but they need fans like me and thousands of others. Plus they need our money. As for the nfl I am definitely done.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Könning? Sounds like a Nazi General’s name...

Jun 23, 2020, 11:58 PM

CLEARLY RACIST!!!

~JKB

LOL

Jun 24, 2020, 8:39 AM

Only on this board would folks rush to the defense of a former hated coach because someone accused him of being racist.

Re: LOL

Jun 24, 2020, 9:23 AM

Because... although there are some racist people from EVERY background, nitpicking every word out of a person's mouth doesnt make them racist. I dont know the details of this case but in general i believe racism has to be a clear cut case. Far too often good people are expelled for even the slightest thing they say. That doesn't make a person racist. People are not perfect.

Racism is used too often like a club, some people wield, and they use it to beat people over the head with it.

My point is, judge people fairly.

Because some things are bigger than football?***

Jun 24, 2020, 9:32 AM [ in reply to LOL ]

Clemson

Don't really have much of an opinon on Koenning other than

Jun 24, 2020, 9:32 AM

I'm glad he is not at Clemson anymore - those bend then break defenses of his drove me nuts... Looks like he is going to get the old Obama era Title IX treatment and will be out of a job shortly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't really have much of an opinon on Koenning other than

Jun 24, 2020, 10:07 AM

Wasnt he the one who though he should have gotten the job when Dabo was given a shot after TB quit

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't really have much of an opinon on Koenning other than

Jun 24, 2020, 10:16 AM

Yep - if I recall - the word going around was that Vic was pissed when Dabo was named interim coach. Thank goodness we went with that lowly wide receivers coach and not the D-Coordinator...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Title IX was a Nixon era law fwiw.***

Jun 24, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Don't really have much of an opinon on Koenning other than ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Title IX was a Nixon era law fwiw.***

Jun 24, 2020, 2:54 PM

The Obama administration changed the rules to Title IX which essentially made an accusation = guilty on college campuses. Just look up the case of USC kicker Matt Boermeester for an all too common example of the insanity resulting from the Obama era changes to the Title IX rules.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic