Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Knowing that Syracuse is the worst school in the ACC, both..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Knowing that Syracuse is the worst school in the ACC, both..

Sep 25, 2018, 2:52 PM

athletically and acedemically, is it time for the ACC to look in another direction? We gave them several years to get something going, but at this point it's clear they just don't have what it takes to be in a premier football conference.

It's time to give either ND or Akron a shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Kick Cuse out and give UNC 2 teams in every sport.***

Sep 25, 2018, 3:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes! ACC should look

Sep 25, 2018, 3:06 PM

South and East. It's obvious that New York can't college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

West Virginia is the logical choice

Sep 25, 2018, 3:08 PM

The academic argument is futile, this day and age conferences are about nothing other than Athletics and Money. WVU doesn't fit in the Big 12; get them in the ACC where they belong and get Syracuse out!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: West Virginia is the logical choice

Sep 25, 2018, 3:21 PM

Except that academically West Virginia is about on the level of a head of cabbage. No one on this side of the Mississippi wanted to play in their cat-turd filled sandbox.

With "expansion' teams, you do not want the newbies winning (see SEC and the Coots). It is better for the traditional powers to win over low-mid level programs.

There is only one school left that should be invited and it is not for sports, but mostly honor...

Navy

National brand, Maryland-based. And won't be worse than the Coots in sports (has actual trophies in the case). Hey, they might put up more than a fight as compared to the indebted twerps.

Of course, if Army wants to join, I am ok with that too. The service academies should get their chance to beat up on UNCheat too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 11:46 AM

I'd be 100% behind Navy being in the conference.

Sep 25, 2018, 3:34 PM [ in reply to West Virginia is the logical choice ]

wvu - No No No

Some good fans, but most students and some fans are awful. Fan base wise, might as well get md twerps back. Academics, may as well invite the coots back. Granted BB and FB are decent, but please have some standards.

Re: Knowing that Syracuse is the worst school in the ACC, both..

Sep 25, 2018, 3:11 PM

Actually, I think is a pretty good school.

I'm surprised the mods still let you post***

Sep 25, 2018, 3:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll be losing points soon.***

Sep 25, 2018, 3:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: You'll be losing points soon.***

Sep 25, 2018, 3:28 PM

LOL two coots smack talking each other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back up...

Sep 25, 2018, 3:30 PM

before you inadvertently get hit with a purse.

Re: I'm surprised the mods still let you post***

Sep 25, 2018, 4:00 PM [ in reply to I'm surprised the mods still let you post*** ]

I’m surprised anyone takes any of FM’s poasts seriously.

Sep 25, 2018, 3:13 PM

Heh, heh, heh. If Syracuse is a weak academic school. Then Louisville is an emergency training session on a Sunday morning, during a blizzard, Christmas Eve, in downtown Detroit.

Yes, the whole league is playing like hot garbage

Sep 25, 2018, 3:15 PM

Because of them. Get rid of them now before it's too late!

Sep 25, 2018, 3:19 PM

Why you so threatened by Cuse? 27-24

Lol...

Sep 25, 2018, 3:23 PM

All you can talk about is ancient history. We won the 2016 National Championship, about as current as you can get.

Re: Lol...

Sep 25, 2018, 3:38 PM

Look I have plenty of respect for Clemson. When SU came into the ACC we already had bad blood with Miami, VT, BC, FSU, Pitt, etc. Clemson was my ACC-alternate if you will. I pretty much cheer for you guys any game outside of our one meeting. I don't think we compare at all with your program and I don't throw 1950's championships out there like they mean something in the current game. We are a basketball school that every once in a while has a good football season or two. I know what we are. I just think it's hilarious that some Clemson fans talk about needing to remove us from the ACC. When the ACC first expanded it was FSU and Cuse that they wanted. If not for some knob polishing by the VT admin and Gov, UVA would have gone with the original plan. Didn't happen that way and now the ACC is full of Yankees, but the original plan was us and FSU.

^^^ Doesn't know how to Tnet.

Sep 25, 2018, 3:41 PM

You're doing it wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU joined in the ACC in 1992.***

Sep 25, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol... ]

Re: Lol...

Sep 25, 2018, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol... ]

Those of us more evolved fans like having you guys in the conference. Deep down so does Francis Marion. He just is emotionally stunted.

Some of the old timers still have nightmares of the 41-0 McNabb lead beatdown you guys gave is in 1996.

And yes, you have a fine academic school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very few want Syracuse in the ACC...

Sep 25, 2018, 3:59 PM

or BC, or Pitt. They were just the best of what was left at the time. No passion, no apparent desire to get better in football, not a real fit geographically. Much like Missouri is to the SEC, kind of an outsider who just doesn't fit in.

Syracuse acceptance rate is lower than Clemson

Sep 25, 2018, 3:34 PM

Saying Syracuse is a bad school is nonsense. Overall they have better athletics than nc state, wake, and probably GT. Just stating facts.

Re: Syracuse acceptance rate is lower than Clemson

Sep 25, 2018, 3:41 PM

No, not GT

Cuse is about equal to us actually....

Re: Syracuse acceptance rate is lower than Clemson

Sep 25, 2018, 3:45 PM

*Thought you said academics, not athletics...

Sep 25, 2018, 3:36 PM

I think Syracuse is very good both acedemically and academically. I like them. Good roundball. Have had periods of excellent football. Keep the 'Cuse. I would take MD back once they get enough BIG $ to pay off their bills. I also like Louisville but they have been a disappointment. So-so football & trouble with the law in roundball. ND is not coming. My choice of those available for the next addition is Central Florida. WV? Not so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cuse is not the worst school in the league academically.

Sep 25, 2018, 3:37 PM

That would be Louisville

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't think that's right... are you sure?***

Sep 25, 2018, 3:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably a Syracuse graduate.***

Sep 25, 2018, 3:46 PM

I guess it depends which ranking you prefer...

Sep 25, 2018, 3:59 PM [ in reply to I don't think that's right... are you sure?*** ]

According to US News it's;

Duke (No. 9)
Notre Dame (No. 18)
Virginia (No. 25)
Wake Forest (No. 27)
North Carolina (No. 30)
Boston College (No. 32)
Georgia Tech (No. 34)
Miami (No. 46)
Syracuse (No. 61)
Clemson (No. 67)
Pitt (No. 68)
Virginia Tech (No. 69)
NC State (No. 81)
Florida State (No. 81)
Louisville (No. 165)

For comparison purposes, $CU is No. 106

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

61, lol.***

Sep 25, 2018, 4:00 PM

Re: I guess it depends which ranking you prefer...

Sep 25, 2018, 4:04 PM [ in reply to I guess it depends which ranking you prefer... ]

UNC's rating only applied to non-athletes. Sports programs only enroll hypothetical rankings for non-existing coursework.

Technically, Louisville does have higher standard than Chapel Hill.

Re: Cuse is not the worst school in the league academically.

Sep 25, 2018, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Cuse is not the worst school in the league academically. ]

BigCUFan® said:

That would be Louisville

Not this week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I regret clicking on this.

Sep 25, 2018, 4:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I regret clicking on this.

Sep 25, 2018, 4:41 PM

How about East Carolina?

Sep 25, 2018, 4:49 PM

Syracuse was my safety school in case Clemson looked at my criminal record. I just like orange.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BIG TV markets in Boston, NYC and Northeast

Sep 25, 2018, 5:24 PM

It will never happen

That is why the BIG 10 let in Rutgers specifically for the NYC market

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic