Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Knowing how deep we are at allost every position...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Knowing how deep we are at allost every position...

Aug 7, 2018, 12:55 PM

It seems when we go even down to 3rd string we should be pretty stacked. Where would you put the over/under on the most points we score in a game this year? I am going with 78. What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...

Aug 7, 2018, 1:00 PM

Assuming you are taking into consideration opponents have asked for a running clock after the first quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I go pretty deep in all positions as well

Aug 7, 2018, 1:01 PM

Doggy, Missionary, bandoleer, saddling, cowgirl, roller coaster, etc

Dabo always takes the foot off the gas at about 35

Aug 7, 2018, 1:09 PM

Might see 50 against FCS schools and Coots ... otherwise, no way they crack 70.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo always takes the foot off the gas at about 35

Aug 7, 2018, 1:15 PM

Friendly bet. I say we approach 80 once. Our back ups are so deep with talent and our QB's and WR's will be chomping at the bit. I say we crack 70.

Aug 7, 2018, 1:17 PM

You're right, but the problem isn't our players, it's the coaches. Dabo, Scott and Elliot are too nice. Once we're up three TD's in the second half, they tend to close the "score points" chapter of the playbook and open up the "eat clock and protect the ball" chapter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2018, 1:56 PM

His point is the 3rd string is so good that against tired starting opponents or their backups we will score at will. Even on "conservative" plays. Unless they are ordered to take a knee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 7, 2018, 2:24 PM

I do not see how a coach can tell a 2nd or 3-4 string guy who has busted his butt as much as the celebrities to not play up to his potential. The 1981 game against Wake Forest, for example..We were playing guys that Jim Philips didn't even know they existed.. and they were breaking 30 and 40 yard gains... and scoring touchdowns to the point where the Demon Deacon had to spell The Tiger on the pushup board... If that game is online, i would love to watch it again,i was too busy trying to stay warm. It was cold as a well diggers ssa...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Knowing how deep we are at allost every position...

Aug 7, 2018, 1:21 PM

need to stop taking the foot off the pedal until much later into the 4th quarter. Too many times have we given teams a glimpse of hope. I'd rather the other team have to start playing their backups because they have conceded victory.

Aug 7, 2018, 1:36 PM

Plus our redshirts can play 4 games. I see way more points this year, especially if KB is throwing the ball down field better, whenever he plays.

I think we intentionally slow the game down once it's

Aug 7, 2018, 2:00 PM

obvious that our opponent is dead. There have been a few times that we did that a little too early in my opinion.

I know this team is capable of scoring 80+ points but I just don't see that happening. We like to play younger guys and reserve the wrinkles of our playbook.

That is part of the reason why we have built such an awesome program. Dabo is not coaching one game at a time. Each play-call takes into consideration the long-term health of the program. I wish we would have gone further outside the box against Bama, but other than that I am a big fan of the way we approach games. Limit mistakes and lean on your strengths. Take what is given, and slow your roll once the opponent is dead.

But we need to have that wildcard gear for certain games. We were able to rely on the superior athleticism of Deshaun and Mike Williams in that NAtty game we won. But Deon Cain and Kelly Bryant were never going to repeat that without our coaches out-coaching the Bama side. We were out-coached and their defensive athleticism won a straight up battle against our O. Not enough risk-taking or thinking outside of the box.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

15 or 12 minute quarters?***

Aug 7, 2018, 2:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A good guess

Aug 7, 2018, 2:28 PM

if we played the whole game.

Dabo'll be taking his foot of the peddle half-way through the first half in most games this year.

I'd say 63 is a better guess.

Aug 7, 2018, 2:35 PM

I say we hit the 50s a couple of games but once we get a comfortable second half lead.
It will be hand off up the middle 3 times and punt.
Nobody’s going to score on our D so I see Dabo playing off that a bunch

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic