Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN Bashes Clemson's Chances with LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

ESPN Bashes Clemson's Chances with LSU

Dec 3, 2012, 2:03 AM

ESPN absolutely made a mockery of Clemson on today's selection show. Sometimes it is good to look at things from the outside in but i was not expecting what was said. Lou n crime plead that Clemson's offense has no chance against an SEC defense and showed it last week. Also that Clemson plays soft and not physical enough to win big ball games. My opinion Clemson just got out coached vs USC. Now round 2. Dabo you know your defense is good against stopping the run when needed, but everyone sees the weakness = LSU i guarantee will attack your secondary. BC I WOULD

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder sometimes if a lot of the folks on ESPN....

Dec 3, 2012, 2:06 AM

...might actually be "coached" to create controversy because they know it sells.....

In EVERY production meeting. Count on it.***

Dec 3, 2012, 2:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having worked in radio production, doing team rankings...

Dec 3, 2012, 7:30 AM

...I can emphatically say yes. The whole point is to create controversy. You usually wind up with two groups of people: the outraged, and the bandwagoners. Either way, it helps ensure both groups tune in. You never want to say that both teams are going to play well, and it'll be a good game, because that DOES NOT SELL.

Well, I can tell you what does sell these days -

Dec 3, 2012, 7:58 AM

Czech hookers and single malt scotch.

Re: In EVERY production meeting. Count on it.***

Dec 3, 2012, 9:30 AM [ in reply to In EVERY production meeting. Count on it.*** ]

i wish you'd been in my pre-production meeting for lancehelmut's channel b-4 i went on camera and said "no way" 4 in a row...

How is it bashing if it's true?

Dec 3, 2012, 2:59 AM

Did you already forget what happened against USuCk? We DID get beat physically. Our offense DID get shutdown.

Not sure what game you were watching but I saw our boys get pushed around after the 1Q. Simple as that.

The 'bashing' will quit when we get physical and put up numbers against LEGIT defenses.

No argument here....

Dec 3, 2012, 7:11 AM

Our performance against quality SEC defenses have not been so hot!!!!

Know I am outnumbered

Dec 3, 2012, 7:22 AM [ in reply to How is it bashing if it's true? ]

here with this thought, but how badly can a team be dominated and only be down by just 3 points late into the 4th quarter. Get a decent call on a horse#### interference and you are all of a sudden not dominated? Did I attend a different game?

Re: Know I am outnumbered

Dec 3, 2012, 8:49 AM

You are right...but you don't let Clowney take over a game like that...if you have to keep a tight end in and double team so be it....and there are other things I think our offensive staff could have done to adjust but for whatever reason...did'nt. With that said I think the thing that bothered me more than anything...was there was a time when if an opposing player showed up a player like Swearinger did AE......at some point in the game, he would have got lit up. Im all about being classy....but sometimes even classy people have to punch a bully in the mouth.

Dec 3, 2012, 9:25 AM

So you want a 15 yarder after a big gain? If that had cost us the ball game you'd be crying about our guys need to keep their heads about them.

Dec 3, 2012, 9:52 AM

I agree with you in most instances.....but I stand by what I said...they are situations where you need to show that you are not going to be intimidated. That was one of them...so to answer your question. YES. On another note....you would never see me complain about a player backing up a teammate...even for the 15 yards.

To add to that.....

Dec 3, 2012, 9:56 AM

If you would have read my post I said "AT SOME POINT IN THE GAME......not necessarily right after that play.

Re: ESPN Bashes Clemson's Chances with LSU

Dec 3, 2012, 7:18 AM

And you think they're wrong? What confidence do people have that we can attack a real defense?

truth hurts, we deserve it, we HAVE been dominated on the bi

Dec 3, 2012, 7:25 AM

g stage lately and as lou said, we are build for the ACC, not the big boys.

Re: truth hurts, we deserve it, we HAVE been dominated on the bi

Dec 3, 2012, 8:49 AM

Well then why don't you leave the SEC and join the ACC?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so what do you not agree with?

Dec 3, 2012, 7:26 AM

Our D is soft

Dec 3, 2012, 7:39 AM

It's not that we don't have the players who can, the questions is will we have players that have the want to.
Yes this is a time that Dabo and Coaches can/should set the fire inside the players and find the ones who have the want to, so many times over the past 20 years I have seen the Tigers playing with the mind set of turning the other cheek, but now is the time to finish the saying and take an eye for an eye, I know the Tigers have Coaches & Players who know how and want to play back-yard football

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got to remember! They can't get a real job!

Dec 3, 2012, 7:42 AM

No skills!

Hearing Lou attempt to say ACC followed by SEC was

Dec 3, 2012, 7:50 AM

rather comical though. He fought so hard to say that I thought he was going to have a brain aneurysm, not to mention the amount of spit he sprayed!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Dec 3, 2012, 7:59 AM

So do the LSU fans...

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/38167523/Clemson-fan-here.aspx

what can you argue against there? we've got another chance

Dec 3, 2012, 8:25 AM

to show up against a top team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what can you argue against there? we've got another chance

Dec 3, 2012, 9:13 AM

What's there to disagree with? Against our two biggest opponents this season (FSU and USCe), we #### the bed.

And when I say #### the bed, I mean bloody ####. Like when you get raped in the butt, then take a ####.

Re: what can you argue against there? we've got another chance

Dec 3, 2012, 9:30 AM

So...you have experience being raped in the butt?

That may be something you want to take up with a therapist.

Dec 3, 2012, 9:25 AM

Lou's just pissed because Clemson beat him like nobody ever has

Dec 3, 2012, 9:33 AM

If you think SCar. playes dirty, LSU will make them look like a Chuch chior.Their D is much better and they are always ready for their bowl games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2012, 9:34 AM

I guess until we win one of those games we can't argue too much. However, coming from ESPN (the SEC's personal sports network), you cannot take anything they say to promote the SEC seriouly or at least without recognizing their bias. They never seem to mention the SEC's pitiful academic standards and the fact that they have many players that would just not be admitted to ACC schools.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot alert***

Dec 3, 2012, 9:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic