Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kirby or 30+ Srs the reason for UGAs success last year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Kirby or 30+ Srs the reason for UGAs success last year?

Feb 8, 2018, 10:40 AM

No doubt he's a great recruiter, but is he being given too much credit as a coach? They by far had more Srs(I know not all were scholarship) than any other team in the CFP. I think they experience a drop off this year and return back to their glory days, aka 10-2

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirby and his coaching staff did a good job last year

Feb 8, 2018, 10:46 AM

especially after losing their QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

But with only 20 Srs... does their record remain the same?***

Feb 8, 2018, 10:50 AM

Hard to tell

Feb 8, 2018, 11:00 AM

He seems to be a little better of a coach than Richt.. but was also using a lot of Richt's highly rated recruiting classes. He was primed last year for an amazing season.

They play in the $EC Least with little/no real competition

Feb 8, 2018, 11:03 AM [ in reply to But with only 20 Srs... does their record remain the same?*** ]

Georgia's biggest challenge will be playing LSU and Auburn from the West.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: They play in the $EC Least with little/no real competition

Feb 8, 2018, 11:21 AM

There is no reason they shouldn't be back in the SEC Championship game in 2018. They should easily blow the doors of the East. They get an AU team at home that lost a ton of guys and they go to LSU which resembles the crappy LSU teams from the 90s.

I agree. They will be really good in a couple years.

Feb 8, 2018, 11:02 AM

Smart is going to build a powerhouse.

Georgia has a history of achieving less with more....

Feb 8, 2018, 11:05 AM

but Kirby Smart certainly seems to have them headed in the right direction.

He's a good coach and an excellent recruiter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I agree. They will be really good in a couple years.

Feb 8, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to I agree. They will be really good in a couple years. ]

Can't agree with you Carlsbad. I hate everything about uga and hope smart craps all over himself.

My opinion is he's a snake in the grass that'll do anything to win. That may get you a few good years but it's not lasting. Unlike the way Dabo does it, because you can tell Dabo is genuine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kirby or 30+ Srs the reason for UGAs success last year?

Feb 8, 2018, 11:12 AM

I think it is a combination. Time will tell. Kirby deserves a ton of credit, thus far. Made it to the national championship and has recruited two outstanding classes. I wish Georgia would have kept Richt. Kirby is a obviously a great recruiter and we will be going head to head with him A LOT on the recruiting trail. I expect some great UGA v Clemson games in the playoff in the near future.

Re: Kirby or 30+ Srs the reason for UGAs success last year?

Feb 8, 2018, 12:21 PM

Hope not, I want to see uga go 1-11 every year. They can't beat the coots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll cake walk through the SEC east.

Feb 8, 2018, 12:22 PM

It will be two or three years before UcheaT and Florida can compete with them. They'll end up playing Bama in the SEC CCG and probably won't survive that often.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic