Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: From Cali to Florida, the footprint of Clemson football continues to widen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,278

TNET: From Cali to Florida, the footprint of Clemson football continues to widen

Jul 5, 2018, 7:49 AM

From Cali to Florida, the footprint of Clemson football continues to widen

Clemson’s football team will take to the practice fields behind the new operations facility in less than a month with the hope of another appearance in the College Football Playoff. Clemson fans, players, and coaches are excited and with good reason. What do those on the outside think? I learned a little bit more about that this past weekend in Frisco. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirby Smart is recruiting well, but he isn't the reason

Jul 5, 2018, 8:51 AM

Clemson is recruiting nationally. Clemson's success is the reason they're recruiting nationally. It isn't like Dabo and Co have been completely shut out of GA. I'd love to get UGA in the playoffs and beat the bejeezus out of them. That would get open some eyes, both in GA in nationally.

Re: Kirby Smart is recruiting well, but he isn't the reason

Jul 5, 2018, 10:37 AM

Agree that UGA would be a perfect match up for us in the playoffs, and I hope that is what happens this year with our defense being a brute. Beat them soundly, and a lot of those talented players we were pulling out of Georgia, we could re-new bringing the best of Georgia's talent back to Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK. But UGA recruiting under Smart has improved.

Jul 5, 2018, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Kirby Smart is recruiting well, but he isn't the reason ]

No doubt Smart is keeping more home grow GA talent in state. And while he is no Dabo, he still sounds like Oprah compared to Nick Saban.

Smart did one he11uva job with true freshman Nick Fromm last year, a mature young man who is well respected and still maybe not as talented as Hunter Johnson we will find out in the NFL. Due to vet's injury, Fromm got a chance at starting job something HJ did not get or could not grasp as a true frosh.

Fromm, stud UGA RB's, lines and stud LB took a less talented but possibly more experienced team than Clemson to the college championship game, and just about won. Fromm was well-coached and played well.

Pulling for Clemson does not mean we can't recognize and acknowledge a competitor for a job well done.

And you're right, Clemson and Dabo can recruit and play with the best and are earning this national foot print. And beating the bejeezus out of UGA sure works for me. If Dabo, TE, Scott and Streeter can work the magic at QB like Smart did with Fromm and Saban did with Tua last year, the Tigers will be front runners. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yeah, thanks for another great piece David!

Jul 5, 2018, 1:21 PM

Really appreciate that national perspective from other big time programs! Your article underlines the urgency of the 2018/19 season with "perhaps the best defensive line of all time".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry you felt you had to go off on a rant about Smart.

Jul 5, 2018, 2:55 PM [ in reply to OK. But UGA recruiting under Smart has improved. ]

Not once did I try to diminish what he's accomplished. I simply said he isn't the reason Clemson is recruiting nationally, and he isn't. It was a backhanded compliment to Dabo's national footprint, like "yeah, well, you guys are only recruiting nationally because Kirby shut you out of GA." That's the stuff that comes out of the south end of a bull. We still went in there and got Trevor Lawrence. The coaches went into GA the last 2 cycles and took 9 players,... one 5*, six 4*, and two 3*.

Fromm did a good job but IMO UGA would've been an also-ran without Chubb and Michel. Those 2 were the heart and soul of that team. We'll see this year if they're still real or not.

Re: OK. But UGA recruiting under Smart has improved.

Jul 5, 2018, 4:17 PM [ in reply to OK. But UGA recruiting under Smart has improved. ]

That QB is already on campus. If only we will play him, and that's not a given.

Golden age of Clemson football***

Jul 5, 2018, 5:18 PM

"... greatest defensive line in college football history.”

Jul 7, 2018, 8:56 AM

I sure hope so!

And like Prime T just said, this is the Golden Age of Clemson Football!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,278
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic