Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kick-offs ... why such an ongoing issue.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,305

Kick-offs ... why such an ongoing issue.

Sep 13, 2015, 4:07 PM

We really need to find someone who has the leg strength to consistently create touchbacks on kick-offs.

The "touchback" is one of the least appreciated, yet most powerful defensive plays a team can make. Consistently having to begin drives from the 25 is a big disadvantage for the opponent.

Isn't there some guy somewhere on the Clemson campus who has the leg to kick it through the end zone on a consistent basis?

Note: This does *not* have to be the same guy who has to thread the ball through the uprights on a critical game winning field goal.

Using a golf analogy, he doesn't have the touch to hit it stiff to the pin, he just has to have the strength to hit it long and keep it on the fairway.

Maybe it's me, but it seems as if almost every team we play has this guy on their roster ...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kick-offs ... why such an ongoing issue.

Sep 13, 2015, 4:18 PM

Might just be me but it seems like special teams has been a weak link for a while. Not sure if that is on Pearman or personnel but I would think it should be addressed. My .02 who will defer to some of the more enlightened minds out there.

Sep 13, 2015, 4:23 PM

> Might just be me but it seems like special teams has
> been a weak link for a while. Not sure if that is on
> Pearman or personnel but I would think it should be
> addressed. My .02 who will defer to some of the more
> enlightened minds out there.

It's gotta be coaching...

A huge drop off, from the last coach....

I've been one of the few that have been calling for pearman's firing/resignation....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good point. except last 2 kicker are playing on sundays

Sep 13, 2015, 4:30 PM

so maybe he doesnt suck that bad afterall

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: good point. except last 2 kicker are playing on sundays

Sep 13, 2015, 5:47 PM

It seems to me the players (especially the kickers) aren't the problem...the talent is there... It looks like to me it's execution and our formations in kickoff and punt coverage as well as receiving punts and kickoffs. But hey... I'm not the one making the big bucksNot the decisions ??

Sep 13, 2015, 4:20 PM

We did too. He's in the NFL. Just saying maybe they didn't see that move coming and caught the coaches off guard. But I guess you could say, well you should have had one on deck if that were to happen.

Sep 13, 2015, 4:23 PM

Pearman is the issue. He's had forever to get it fixed, still can't get it done. TE blocking was horrible on Saturday. Seckinger should never see the field again---he just whiffs at defenders.

This will come back to bite us if we don't get it fixed before FSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 13, 2015, 4:45 PM

##### all you want about Pearman but I can say this; when he arrived on campus our team's toughness began to increase. He's a Danny Ford walk on that earned a starting position with some pretty good other scholarship guys on the team. He's there for a reason. I'm sure Dabo is aware of our problems and can handle whatever situation we may have.

If we had a kicker who could make touchbacks in the 2012

Sep 13, 2015, 5:32 PM

FSU game, we would have won.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,305
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic