Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson spokesman responds to bizarre laptop-gate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson spokesman responds to bizarre laptop-gate

Nov 5, 2017, 10:39 AM

Clemson spokesman responds to bizarre laptop-gate

No. 4 Clemson rallied the troops in the second half and won 38-31 victory against a fired up No. 20 North Carolina State squad at Carter-Finley Stadium on Satur Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was widely reported

Nov 5, 2017, 10:44 AM

that NCSU had a major douche-bag (duuush-bag) on the sidelines last night. I would like that investigated

Message was edited by: TIGERCOOK®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Key phrase: prohibited "for coaching purposes anytime during the game"***

Nov 5, 2017, 10:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Key phrase: prohibited "for coaching purposes anytime during the game"***

Nov 5, 2017, 10:53 AM

The rule has more than one part. There is also a part that refers to "media use of technology" it reads

"Media communication equipment, including cameras, sound devices, computers and microphones, is prohibited on or above the field, or in or above the team area (Rule 2-31-1)."

That's obviously what this is, and the reason they moved to the tunnel during the game.

As I said earlier, nothing will come of it except a change in procedure.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Hmmmm...

Nov 5, 2017, 12:01 PM

Isn't the coaches headset a sound device? ??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Key phrase: prohibited "for coaching purposes anytime during the game"*** ]

The camera their spy was using behind our bench would be above the team by that definition.

Nov 5, 2017, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Key phrase: prohibited "for coaching purposes anytime during the game"*** ]

The rule has more than one part. There is also a part that refers to "media use of technology" it reads

"Media communication equipment, including cameras, sound devices, computers and microphones, is prohibited on or above the field, or in or above the team area (Rule 2-31-1)."

That's obviously what this is, and the reason they moved to the tunnel during the game.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Nov 5, 2017, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Key phrase: prohibited "for coaching purposes anytime during the game"*** ]

Nov 5, 2017, 11:27 AM

Thanks for showing the rule in print, but the key word is media. If that's the case, there are cameras, dolly cameras, hand held cameras, cable handlers, sound amplication dishes, side line network reporters, walkie talkies and other laptops used by the broadcast network as well as a camera system on wires above field operated by what ever network broadcasting the game. Most of this equipment is on the home side of the field. Why is our media people the exception to the " rule "? Give me a *×%# break. As long as a member of Coaching staff is not using it, leave it alone. All the coaches and assistants are on headsets communicating to other assistants and Cordinators in the booth upstairs. GO TIGERS!!!

ACC said you were wrong Utah

Nov 5, 2017, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Key phrase: prohibited "for coaching purposes anytime during the game"*** ]

Guess that explains your pulse, you're wrong a lot .

https://www.tigernet.com/update/ACC-responds-to-use-of-laptop-on-Clemson-sideline-28518

Maybe I'm a bit slow. yes we're guilty or no we're not???***

Nov 5, 2017, 10:47 AM

ReMaybe I'm a bit slow. yes we're guilty or no we're not? NO

Nov 5, 2017, 11:04 AM

wasnt used by football staff

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hell no we're not guilty.***

Nov 5, 2017, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Maybe I'm a bit slow. yes we're guilty or no we're not???*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: FB Update: Clemson spokesman responds to bizarre laptop-gate

Nov 5, 2017, 10:48 AM

This GIF is great

https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB/status/927196054780440582

Nov 5, 2017, 10:59 AM

I knew that boy was trouble when I started liking his blog on Facebook.

Does Apple Care cover pee damage? No way would I have

Nov 5, 2017, 11:14 AM

brought a $1200 MacBook Pro to Carter-Finley where the pee bottles fly free.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Does Apple Care cover pee damage? No way would I have

Nov 5, 2017, 11:20 AM

Use a five or six year old one. It can still do all the video editing, they aren’t throwaways like cheap windows laptops.

Re: Does Apple Care cover pee damage? Well, I heard urine will

Nov 5, 2017, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Does Apple Care cover pee damage? No way would I have ]

void your laptop's warranty. . . ??

circa 2001 one of our coaches in the box was miffed because

Nov 5, 2017, 11:53 AM

the NC State coaches box had a TV directly pointed at their box and clearly visible from the "press area".
Woody Dantzler tore them up any way.
Now days with smart phones you could easily have someone in the stands streaming video of the game and then texting advice to the sideline. Bottom line the game is still won on the field. Those plays by Renfrow and Carter made a huge difference.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 12:25 PM

Actually, Dabo has this secret app that's loaded onto this special "laptop". It has the ability to see 5 minutes into the future and can scan the playbook of the opposing side. Shhhh.... don't let the word get out on this. I'm trusting you.

the bottom pic is classic, yeah two skinny college kid techies is our secret to success***

Nov 5, 2017, 12:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 1:26 PM

One could conclude his remark is a vailed accusation against Dabo and coaches. Doeren would never do that though, right? He has too much class to do that, right?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it was valid nobody with class would present it in a rant in the

Nov 5, 2017, 1:34 PM

postgame interviews. They would go to the league and proper channels before they blasted it to reporters in open forum. Sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it. Dave handled that situation poorly. You didn't see Dabo blast him to the media 2 years ago when his assistant coach took a swing at Deshaun on the sideline.

Nov 5, 2017, 4:20 PM

Yeah that long 89 yard run by the laptop at the end of the 3rd quarter was huge. Then the laptop had the big punt return and interception to end the game. Face it guys without the laptop on the field making plays we may have not won this one. Seriously though Dabo is a cross every "t" and dot every "i" and for them to have been doing it for 2 and a half years leads me to believe that this has already been brought up to the league and ok'd. Doeren is a d-bag and has complained after every loss. I can't stand the guy and the funny thing is that NC State started working on his contract extension after they beat Louisville and FSU. Nevermind the fact that FSU and Louisville are a shell of themselves from last season. Now coming off 2 straight losses ole Davey boy is looking for excuses because that contract extension hasn't been finalized. They have lost their best chance at beating Clemson because they lose a lot of big time pieces this year. South Carolina and NC State is 1a and 1b as far as teams and fan bases I can't stand the most. Classless trashy fan bases both of them.

Nov 5, 2017, 4:33 PM

Before I’ve always thought fondly of NCSU because we were similar schools, generally, different from D, WF & UNC. But wow, events of this game show an unexpected, nasty side I’m glad Clemson is not like!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thoughts

Nov 5, 2017, 7:01 PM

I have to wonder who took the photos. We know it wasn't just one. Also, who ever it was able to get a coachs attention during a game. Interesting.

Ok, here's the scoop

Nov 5, 2017, 10:05 PM

Ok, here's the scoop on this. The two guys with the laptop are the masterminds of the whole thing and this is the way it works. They have the "secret app" loaded which gives the next NC State play coming up. In order to make it covert so they won't be discovered, everything is made low tech from there on out, and here's how it works:

Once they have the play, the guy on the right side of the laptop hand signals over to a graduate assistant in disguise in the stands four rows up above the Clemson coaches on the sidelines. 1 finger for a running play, two for a pass, and three for a pass underneath. (NC State is used to finger signals in their stadium and doesn't suspect a thing).

The GA gets the call and pulls out a flashlight to relay the signal to Adam Smotherman,the getback coach. Since it's also a diversion, Dave Doeren looks up at the flashlight and says " oh, it's a full moon that means we must be winning".

Smotherman, the secret interpreter of the code, signals Venables with one pull on the belt loops for a run, two for a pass, and a swift kick in the pants for a pass underneath. (Now you know why he's always pulling Venables around).

Venables can then call the appropriate counter play to the field. It was a little off in the first half since the batteries were low in the flashlight but we got them changed at halftime.
Great system, but the jig is up now so we'll be working on changes this week.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic